The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday June 24th, 2024

16 minutes ago, kazu said:

What a wonderful pic!  Tha cats are lovely but the boys - - oh my.  Just precious ❤️ 

Aw, thank you Jacqui, so nice of you to say. 🙂 

I love your wedding photos and can see why they're your favorites.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Wonderful pics of Jose and you Jacqui @kazu!  So nice to look back on. 

We actually have been to Portree before so I am not as sad as most passengers are. Stornoway is a new one for us though. 

UPDATE:  The Captain announced during first seating that the conditions had improved enough for us to get into Stornoway this evening, however we would still wait until early morning for the immigration process to proceed. So we will see the dock tonight but no one is going anywhere until tomorrow morning. We should be tied up by 9 p.m. tonight. It’s currently about 6:45 p.m.

• Like 26

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Wonderful pics of Jose and you Jacqui @kazu!  So nice to look back on. 

We actually have been to Portree before so I am not as sad as most passengers are. Stornoway is a new one for us though. 

UPDATE:  The Captain announced during first seating that the conditions had improved enough for us to get into Stornoway this evening, however we would still wait until early morning for the immigration process to proceed. So we will see the dock tonight but no one is going anywhere until tomorrow morning. We should be tied up by 9 p.m. tonight. It’s currently about 6:45 p.m.

I love Stornoway and the island. Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Susan

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We have just got home after a fantastic 14 nights cruise on P&O Arvia.

I have started a thread on P&O Our Fantastic cruise on Arvia June 9th-June 23rd.

I would be honoured if my Daily friends went on the P&O forum to read my review.

aw but of course I will run over right now and view

Hope you had a nice time and it sounds like you did.

I am going to Alaska end of next week.   You need to plan a trip soon too.  Then in August going to Norway out of Amsterdam. Next year hardly any ships going out of AMS which is a shame,   bye

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Oh dear Debbie 😢. That is just awful!  So sorry to hear his.  I hope you can grab a nap today or, at the very

least have a much better sleep tonight 🤞 

What a shame you miss Portree.  

Ok - we aim to please.  They are just pics of pics as we got married pre-digital.  This was my favourite one as Jose’s best friend is grabbing his arm and you can see Jose is excited and happy to be married with the hand clenching and smile.

IMG_6839.jpeg.13f797b86c4f58fba33d4775b768280f.jpeg

This one was taken by a friend - not the photographer.  She wanted my veil tossed over Jose and it was Jose’s favourite picture.  

IMG_3083.thumb.jpeg.3b7d8d8e04f0d27e35e3b9b05811edf9.jpeg

There are lots of formal pics of course but those two were our favourites as they captured moments.  And here we are 24 years later on a cruise celebrating early.

IMG_0078.thumb.jpeg.7a733a934deaaadf2fc6f3b970165cae.jpeg

What a wonderful pic!  Tha cats are lovely but the boys - - oh my.  Just precious ❤️ 

Jacqui @kazu.

What beautiful wedding photos.

Sending you my heartfelt good wishes for today.

• Like 10

6 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

We have been a few times in Valencia and surroundings because my youngest brother lives nearby .

The inner court of his home .

IMG_0912.thumb.jpg.0bf7f6443bd505133e8eacfb81cde960.jpg

Enjoying a nice lunch with my Dutch brother who has a summer home near Valencia and my Spanish Brother  who has lived there for 40 some years . It was a long time ago the three of us had met all together 

958204793_DSCN16152.thumb.JPG.03c4fbb0d3971e16dfd4e57ffeae79dc.JPG

Enjoying a fantastic original Paella with the familia , cooked outdoors on a wood fire . Fred makes the best ones with either chicken , rabbit or seafood .

IMG_0885.thumb.JPG.97cfe74f31218de0c44922356e9a1d9d.JPG

Brothers home on the left and to the right is where the ladies meet in the morning doing their laundry at the well . A lot of talking is always going on ............

DSCF5113.thumb.JPG.308cb08925e1fdf373e6082e4846512a.JPG

The village from the tower in the centre where he plays his guitar because of the great acoustics 

DSCF5116.thumb.JPG.7fd7aae95e6a5d67ae8ae9d5118082bb.JPG

DSCF5118.thumb.JPG.9f958be3bbf5e42601c9aab6a067d82f.JPG

Lunch :  a Set Menu of the day and bring your own bottle of wine .  My brother works with a few Bodegas so nothing but the best ! 

DSCF5102.thumb.JPG.b2ba923969980bcf7f035d17916790f1.JPG

Youngest brother Fred  ( Alfredo ) is a great classical Spanish guitar player and composer .

12002928_754276751366424_830560069180235216_n.jpg.7624bc49e5f9344d5c7496ba915de4ab.jpg

Valencia .
The nice old entrance hall of the Valencia train station 

DSCF5129.thumb.JPG.0bb299fba58fb8b6efed50df54142051.JPG

DSCF5127.thumb.JPG.95b08fbafec81edffc21409b06f5f459.JPG

DSCF5126.thumb.JPG.edc3f2da7c306265d8ad8e032af24fb5.JPG

The Arena in Valencia 

DSCF5133.thumb.JPG.6326aabb021fc1ba3e5d945fe8f43c6c.JPG

Entrance to the Ceramics Museum . Palacio del Marques de Dos Aguas .

DSCF5137.thumb.JPG.8f7321401bad2e41b91b278f302b150a.JPG

The ceramics museum 

DSCF5143.thumb.JPG.ab539ec18191f01cfb13c0c2da5deef5.JPG

DSCF5139.thumb.JPG.003d3c0e89167f5af7793285ab64752e.JPG

The Catedral .

spain-valencia-top-attractions-catedral-de-valencia.jpg.47a07501d24236c11716c2461860b89a.jpg

After sundown when the Spanish heat subsides in Valencia ( 38 C ) an nice outdoors dinner 

DSCF5149.thumb.JPG.37a88a4ffb993f313c81cf41d24b34c7.JPG

I am also still looking for the cruise pictures when we had another very nice day in Valencia and met up again with the family near the “ City of Arts and Sciences complex “ . Spain has always been one of our favourite destinations .

Hope you enjoyed seeing a few personal pictures from in and near Valencia .

Tony😀😀

Tony, thank you for your pictures of Valencia and your wonderful, talented family.

4 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all! 
@Sharon in AZ a very happy birthday to you!

@kazu happy anniversary, hoping great memories will be a comfort! 
@StLouisCruisers happy birthday to your DD

@grapau27 welcome home, gotta love that rear view! 
@ottahand7 would love to see a photo of that beauty bush?  
@smitty34877 I’m sorry the news isn’t better but glad you have such good family support.  Sending extra hugs your way.  Wish there was more we could do.  

We had the most perfect weather finally for a couple of days.    Went to see some of the new calves, swallows and bluebirds.   But the big camera had a dead battery. 

IMG_1651.jpeg

IMG_1631.jpeg

IMG_1637.jpeg

IMG_1654.jpeg

IMG_1657.jpeg

Great pictures as usual, Brenda.  Thank you.

4 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

We're going to have 2 days of sunshine, 70-75F, then  rain showers will return.

Three good days, maybe on the drink, no on the red wine, and the meal sounds yummy for a side dish.  I think I'll print off the first recipe.  We've been to Spain but not this port.

DD and DSIL will be bringing the cats here in an hour -- and they will be mine for 5 weeks. 🙂 She just sent this photo of the DGSs saying goodbye to Smudge and Soot before they head off to school.  DD and DSIL are picking up a rental RV after they drop off the cats, and tomorrow they will head out for their long road trip through the western US.  

Sayinggoodbyefor5weeks.jpg.c690e9781682d20f60dbe799c7bb5f73.jpg

I think the cats look very suspicious, they know something is going on!

Happy Birthday Sharon @Sharon in AZ!  Enjoy your day!

Happy Birthday to Sandi's @StLouisCruisers DD!

Sending hugs to Jacqui @kazu today. I hope the good memories will help as you think of Jose today on your anniversary.  

Thanks for the picture of the cute DGSs and the kitties.  The family will have fun on their rv trip.  We took a lot of rv trips when the DDs were little, and learned to always get a campground with a pool unless we were in a national park or national forest campground.

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Ok - we aim to please.  They are just pics of pics as we got married pre-digital.  This was my favourite one as Jose’s best friend is grabbing his arm and you can see Jose is excited and happy to be married with the hand clenching and smile.

IMG_6839.jpeg.13f797b86c4f58fba33d4775b768280f.jpeg

This one was taken by a friend - not the photographer.  She wanted my veil tossed over Jose and it was Jose’s favourite picture.  

IMG_3083.thumb.jpeg.3b7d8d8e04f0d27e35e3b9b05811edf9.jpeg

There are lots of formal pics of course but those two were our favourites as they captured moments.  And here we are 24 years later on a cruise celebrating early.

IMG_0078.thumb.jpeg.7a733a934deaaadf2fc6f3b970165cae.jpeg

Jacqui, thank you for sharing the special pictures of you and DD DH.

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Jacqui thanks for the lovely photos of you and Jose.  Thinking of you on your anniversary day.  

@bennybear  Here are a couple of photos of my Kolkwitzia/ Beauty Bush.  A versatile shrub, cold hardy to Zone 4 at least and tolerant of sun to shade.  

IMG_20240624_152948539_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240624_152958032_HDR.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

Happy Monday!  It's a pleasant day here, but more storms are in the forecast for early tomorrow am.  Tonight is another soft ball game, the last one is on Wednesday...2 rain make up games.  We had DGD yesterday while her sister and mom were in the dance recital.  We had a fun visit to our zoo.  DGD was wonderful in the recital we saw on Saturday.  A few years back we were in a neighborhood park and spotted a fairy garden in the base of a big tree!  I had one in our yard for a while, but the succulent nest I had it in died.

@kazuthanks for sharing your wedding photos, may those happy memories bring you some joy today.  

@smitty34877thinking of Tana and your family...

@grapau27I'll check out your post on the other forum!  Thanks for sharing

Have a good evening.  

20210628_150850.jpg

20210628_150839.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

It is 7pm here on the east coast and the internet technician was here earlier. For information purposes, this is not the first time someone has been out here due to problems with the internet. He was actually here working outside for maybe ten or fifteen minutes before he came to the door and talked to me about the problem. It seems that my telephone line, and therefore internet, was connected so long ago that it was connected directly to the central office, about two miles away. It just happens that there is now a connection box across the street, about 250 feet away. He ran a new wire to the connection box and I have a better connection than I have ever had, and he is not finished. It will take about a week to get the connection finished and it should be better still.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon, 

@kazu Happy Anniversary. It was wonderful to see your pictures!

@Sharon in AZ Happy Birthday!

@StLouisCruisers Happy birthday to your DD.

Today has been fairly busy. I did two classes in the pool and got out much more wrinkled than when I started! I came home and DS stopped by later. He'd been here while I was gone and had put in more baseboards. They are really looking nice. He also has enough paint to do all the trim around the doors so that will really brighten the house up. He'll be back tomorrow to mow the lawn and do more baseboards. 

Now it's time to relax a bit. I have some cleaning to do and some shredding to take care of. It's a lovely sunny day here today with a nice breeze. Tomorrow is supposed to be high 70's and then typical Pacific Northwest rain! 

Karen

• Like 14

We have a beautiful day today, hot but no rain. Perfect for the international fireworks on the Detroit river. Many years of shared fireworks between Windsor and Detroit, my only question has always been why not on July 2 or 3 if we are celebrating Canada day and July 4th. But, hey, what do I know.

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, superoma said:

We have a beautiful day today, hot but no rain. Perfect for the international fireworks on the Detroit river. Many years of shared fireworks between Windsor and Detroit, my only question has always been why not on July 2 or 3 if we are celebrating Canada day and July 4th. But, hey, what do I know.

Perhaps,   Fingers crossed!…….

• Like 5

Well, I have another  tale of woe.

On Thursday, while taking a shower I hurt my arm and the pain has not subsided.

Yesterday when I awoke my upper arm looked like someone implanted an egg underneath the skin and it was very painful.

I sent a note to my orthopedist at the Mayo Clinic and he asked me to get care locally.

I had three things to do today.  I got my nails done and then had the car serviced.

Then, when I heard from the nurse at the Mayo Clinic, I got myself over to the Express Care for Beaufort Memorial Hospital as my Doc at the Mayo asked me to do.

They decided that I tore the Biceps Muscle and put me in a sling.

I will be in touch with the Ortho Doc at the Mayo tomorrow and see what the next steps are.

Meanwhile I can’t do very much.

Things are just not going very well around here.

Terri

• Like 2
  • Thanks 14

Good breezy evening. The heat returns tomorrow and storms the next day. 
@StLouisCruisers, Sandi, I was in Stornoway on a land trip to Scotland years ago . I remember visiting the Harris teeed factory and buying a scarf. It’s interesting how they dye the material from different plants.

Have a good day.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Well, I have another  tale of woe.

On Thursday, while taking a shower I hurt my arm and the pain has not subsided.

Yesterday when I awoke my upper arm looked like someone implanted an egg underneath the skin and it was very painful.

I sent a note to my orthopedist at the Mayo Cliic and he asked me to get care locally.

I had three things to do today.  I got my nails done and then had the car serviced.

Then, when I heard from the nurse at the Mayo Clinic, I got myself over to the Express Care for Beaufort Memorial Hospital as my Doc at the Mayo asked me to do.

They decided that I tore the Biceps Muscle and put me in a sling.

I will be in touch with the Ortho Doc at the Mayo tomorrow and see what the next steps are.

Meanwhile I can’t do very much.

Things are just not going very well around here.

Terri

Terri, I'm sorry about the latest news.  I hope there is a simple fix.  Most of all, I hooe your luck changes soon.

Lenda

• Like 9