Princess Plus program

NaniDuke

WE are sailing Aug 31 on Enchanted Princess and purchased the Plus program. It mentions 2 specialty meals but I can't find out what that means. Does anybody have any information in this? 

1 minute ago, NaniDuke said:

WE are sailing Aug 31 on Enchanted Princess and purchased the Plus program. It mentions 2 specialty meals but I can't find out what that means. Does anybody have any information in this? 

The plus package includes 2 casual meals not specialty meals. The Premier package has 2 specialty dinners. Specialties are like Crown Grill and Sabatini’s. Casuals are like Alfredo’s and Salty Dog Gastropub 

• Like 1

If you go to the website and look at dining, it will show you which restaurants are considered casual.  I think it's Alfredos and O'Malley's on the Enchanted but the website will tell you for sure.  having the plus package means you get 2 free casual dining on your cruise.  No reservations taken, just show up.  I know at Alfredo's it's an appetizer, main course and dessert.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NaniDuke said:

Casual meals, not specialty. 

Each casual dining venue has a set menu priced at $14.99, which is included as a dining option.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NaniDuke said:

Just off the Enchanted June 29, you have what is called the ‘Plus’ package not ‘program’. 

The casual dining venues as mentioned are Gigi’s by Alfredos(sit down pizzeria), O’Malley’s(Irish pub, food served evenings around 5:30-9 and lunch sea days), I heard they are experimenting with late night bites at O’Malley’s from 9-11pm, which is a limited menu and will NOT be comped as a casual meal whether you have Plus or Premier Package. The other venue is Ocean Terrace for sushi, open evenings and lunch on sea day. Check your Patter/Event listing for hours of operation and when food is available.

• Like 1

With the Plus fare package you will receive 2 casual dining meals. These meals are a 3 course prix fixe meal in specific restaurants which can vary by ship. Some

rea such as Vines, Salty Dog, Alfredo’s/Gigi’s have permanent locations others are considered pop ups. These pop ups will be held in a partitioned  off area in the buffet. You need to make reservations however this cannot be done until you board 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruise4mom said:

With the Plus fare package you will receive 2 casual dining meals. These meals are a 3 course prix fixe meal in specific restaurants which can vary by ship. Some

rea such as Vines, Salty Dog, Alfredo’s/Gigi’s have permanent locations others are considered pop ups. These pop ups will be held in a partitioned  off area in the buffet. You need to make reservations however this cannot be done until you board 

Do casual dining restaurants require reservations?

1 hour ago, dog said:

Do casual dining restaurants require reservations?

The only 2 that I have heard require reservations are the Planks and Steamers casual dining venues on the Caribbean Princess and Emerald Princess. Currently I believe these 2 venues are alternating the days they are available. I remember reading a thread,  on one ship, they were not allowing walk ups, YMMV.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Canuker said:

I think these 'plus' casual meals are 2 per 7-day voyage, not 2 per day?

If so, does that mean there 4 per 14-day voyage?

Or am I whistling Dixie?

I have a 14 night on the Emerald Princess in July 2025, and the Plus is only giving me 2 casuals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Canuker said:

Or am I whistling Dixie?

It depends on how you booked the voyage.  If you did  it as a single 14 day cruise, with a single booking number, you will be limited to 2 for the entire voyage.  If you booked two separate 7 day cruises, with two different booking numbers, then you would get 4.

Hank

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Canuker said:

Or am I whistling Dixie?

Think of it as 2 per booking number. If you booked a 14 day voyage with 2 booking numbers, then yes, you get 2 per 7 day voyage. If you booked it as ONE 14 day sailing, then you get 2 casual meals for the entire 14 day sailing.

2 per day with Plus are the Premium Desserts (Specialty Cakes and Sundaes), these are unlimited with Premier package. On Royal class ship with Gelateria, some are reporting you can get individual scoops of ANY flavor Gelato and some say they are limited to only Vanilla. YMMV.

@Hlitnertypes faster than me.

Edited by wallyj
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the responses, guys.

I know there's nothing I can do to change it but since the "plus" package is charged on a daily (not weekly) basis, a 14 day cruise ought to include 4 casual dining meals.

9 hours ago, Canuker said:

Or am I whistling Dixie?

For the plus fare it is 2 per booking number. Book two 7 day cruises as a b2b with two booking numbers receive 2 casual dining meals each 7 days. Book as a single booking number receive 2 casual dining for the entire 14 days. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Canuker said:

I know there's nothing I can do to change it but since the "plus" package is charged on a daily (not weekly) basis, a 14 day cruise ought to include 4 casual dining meals.

You are preaching to the choir! One of the main deterrents for us upgrading from Plus to Premier on our upcoming 14-day (true 14-day, not a B2B) is that you pay $20 more per day, but still only get 2 specialty dinners, same as we got on our 7-day back in May. Definitely decreased the overall value of the upgrade.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

You are preaching to the choir! One of the main deterrents for us upgrading from Plus to Premier on our upcoming 14-day (true 14-day, not a B2B) is that you pay $20 more per day, but still only get 2 specialty dinners, same as we got on our 7-day back in May. Definitely decreased the overall value of the upgrade.

Totally agree.  The benefit should be allocated every 7 days in my opinion. After all we are paying the extra amount every day not just for a week.  And no matter how you try to reason with corporate about this, they just refuse to do anything about it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

I have a 14 night on the Emerald Princess in July 2025, and the Plus is only giving me 2 casuals.

And on a 30 cruise it's still only 2....makes no sense!

• Thanks 1

I think it should be 1 for every 5 days or partial 5 days so 1-5 days =1, 6-10=2, 11-15=3, and so on.  This would be more fair for longer cruises and make it worthwhile.  Possibly have very short cruises (under 4 days) as 0.  I doubt princess will do this, but wish they would.

7 hours ago, Canuker said:

You're right - it ought to - but it doesn't! Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, suzyed said:

And on a 30 cruise it's still only 2....makes no sense!

That’s why we always take the plus package as opposed to premier. We sail 14-21 day cruises as a rule.  The plus package includes our normal drinks, we don’t do photos and if we want an occasional specialty dinner it is cheaper for us to pay for it rather than forking out anther $20 per person per day

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1