Celebrity Beyond - Veranda Stateroom - Is the sofa movable?

Hi, 

I would probably want to tweak the layout of the beds in the stateroom, to allow for as much distance as possible between both passengers. Space and dimensions are not an issue and I can do that myself, but I just need to know if the sofa is locked to the wall/floor or if it is free standing and can be moved. 

If the sofa is locked, would it be easy to remove with a basic set of tools? 

Thanks!

I see you’re new here, so welcome. Is this your very first cruise experience? Pretty much the layout is what it is. Your best way of handling any issues is by talking with your cabin attendant. 

4 hours ago, pdiazduran said:

Hi, 

I would probably want to tweak the layout of the beds in the stateroom, to allow for as much distance as possible between both passengers. Space and dimensions are not an issue and I can do that myself, but I just need to know if the sofa is locked to the wall/floor or if it is free standing and can be moved. 

Thanks!

Agree with the above poster the room is pretty much as it is. Do you need more space for personal care issues? If so you may be better looking at an accessible cabin. If it is for more of a privacy issue then you may wish to look at alternative cabins although it isn’t really until you get to suite level rooms you have significantly more room.

Posted (edited)

Especially on E class the bed - or beds if separated - are in a nook. That´s the space available. You can't really move them further apart without blocking the whole space in the room.

IMG_E8544.thumb.JPG.c825b5cd339040a1a32dbe606d14dc58.JPG

Edited by Miaminice

There have been recent threads about moving beds apart but I  never saw one like this. 

The room is look and narrow, and other than moving a chair, the space is not conducive to moving furniture.

Bringing tools to unbolt furniture  would no doubt be frowned upon .

Maybe not a good cabin for OP if more space is needed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

There have been recent threads about moving beds apart but I  never saw one like this. 

The room is look and narrow, and other than moving a chair, the space is not conducive to moving furniture.

Bringing tools to unbolt furniture  would no doubt be frowned upon .

Maybe not a good cabin for OP if more space is needed!

That's my thought. If the cabin mates need "as much distance as possible from each other" as the OP states, perhaps separate solo cabins (since it's on the Beyond) would be the better option.

The space between beds is barely enough to walk through. All they do is move one of the narrow night tables between the beds. Assuming the ceiling is metal as in all the other class ships ( need confirmed) you can bring magnet hooks and a fabric shower curtain to hang between beds for privacy

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for the answer, especially on the point of the tools being a no-go.

Still, I would really like to know if the furniture is free standing. I assume the beds are, that is why I am asking about the couch. 

This is not our first cruise, and a solution we have implemented before for our specific need is to split the beds, have one replace the sofa location (sideways, feet facing inside of ship), put the other under the TV (also sideways, feet facing balcony) and put the sofa where the bed is now.

Unfortunately solo cabins are not available, plus they would be almost twice the price if they were. We don´t mind moving the pieces of furniture ourselves and leaving them in the original layout when we leave, but I need to know if they are free standing. 

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.13e30241078e24a2576a0f01f3b8d79c.png

I would hate to be in a cabin with free standing furniture in rough seas and stormy weather!

Instead of hearing the captain tell the crew to "Batten down the hatches" we'd hear her announce "Take out the tool kit provided to you and start bolting down the bed"!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I don't believe the couch is moveable and even if it was the only way I would feel comfortable making any adjustment to the layout is by way of asking the stateroom attendant, and not trying to do so myself.  And as you've acknowledged, certainly not by bringing tools on board. Layouts are set for a reason. JMO

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

Imagining the look on the stateroom attendant's face when they realise they have to move all of the furniture back to its original location on turnover day. 😩

For the OP - maybe you and your travelling companion can agree to have one sleep on the sofa and the other on the bed and switch each day.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pdiazduran said:

Post of the day.  (week, year?)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, mrgabriel said:

Imagining the look on the stateroom attendant's face when they realise they have to move all of the furniture back to its original location on turnover day. 😩

For the OP - maybe you and your travelling companion can agree to have one sleep on the sofa and the other on the bed and switch each day.

So much this! 

I cannot imagine traveling with - let alone sharing a cabin with - someone I needed “as much physical distance as possible” from. Like, why?? Just go solo!

• Like 1

I realize it is none of our business, but I can't help but ponder upon why this would be needed....it is a small room to begin with.  Avoiding snoring?  One of you would have to sleep out in the hallway for that. One wants to read their ipad in bed and the other needs darkness? The only way to achieve that is a sleep mask. Again, super small space.

I think the best option suggested thus far is the have the beds separated and use magnetic hooks to hang a dividing curtain from the ceiling - at least giving the illusion of personal space.....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Today I learned that rearranging the furniture can stop someone from snoring. Amazing.

I wish I had know that years ago!

53 minutes ago, pdiazduran said:

Yes, it is snoring.

We have an issue with that in our family. Not naming names. 

We bring a white noise machine. When necessary, we use that plus white noise from our iPhones. 

• Like 2

Well, being some feet away has helped in the past. But besides all the comments, tips and opinions, I would really appreciate it if somebody could answer the original question on wether or not the sofa is movable.