Find Laura’s Answers

1 minute ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I don't get the point of this.  One sees the answers but not the questions.  Is there some place where one can see the questions together with their answers?

She responds in the thread, so the question should be above hers in the thread.

14 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

According to her bio, most of her career has been in Shared Services and Product Development. Which she even mentions herself here. I assume people do not understand what Shared Services means. Then double whammy, product development for Royal Amplified and Coco Cay is #2.

Does she mention her time working for (shudder) Park West before joining RCG?  Seems to have disappeared from her LinkedIn page. 

• Haha 8

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

Does she mention her time working for (shudder) Park West before joining RCG?  Seems to have disappeared from her LinkedIn page. 

I think she leaves that off her resume also.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

She responds in the thread, so the question should be above hers in the thread.

Also as each question is answered it is marked with a sticky (thumb tack)   If not answered  yet it doesn't have a sticky. 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I don't get the point of this.  One sees the answers but not the questions.  Is there some place where one can see the questions together with their answers?

Click the thread titles - "Cruise Itinerary's - Longer/special #3" and the THREAD opens.

List of her posts:

image.png.c6cde2d7bcb3e80d379d9e2aaab83615.png

The thread associated with that post:

image.thumb.png.55e61bf5ccddc055b829c4c52ed209e0.png

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

You'll probably like this URL better: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/454-qa-with-laura-hodges-bethge-president-celebrity-cruises/ 

The previous one was more helpful as she was answering questions

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

As I stated and posted pictures to prove, we had loungers on our Sky Suite balcony on the Millennium in May.  Millennium is certainly not one of the newest ships.  

She has not answered the questions concerning the loungers yet and there were quite a few comments on them.  I went looking for the thread that was in the main Celebrity area last night and it seems to have disappeared.  Hopefully, an answer will be forthcoming.  

My point was, while they were taking them away on Celebrity (and as you point out, inconsistent in doing so) their newest Royal ship had them. Doesn't make sense. We'll see how they spin the answer to this one.

3 hours ago, paulh84 said:

According to her bio, most of her career has been in Shared Services and Product Development. Which she even mentions herself here. I assume people do not understand what Shared Services means. Then double whammy, product development for Royal Amplified and Coco Cay is #2. She's not leaving Celebrity just the way it was.

Do you know what Shared Services are?  I googled and I still don’t have a clue.

I’m very happy with Celebrity and I appreciate the Q&A.  But I don’t expect to get answers for everything.  That said I think it’s not my job to make the President happy by asking softball questions.  Asking tough questions is not the same as being rude or being negative.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

She sure is taking her time answering the questions!  I don't know why they bothered with this whole thing if no one is answering more than just a handful of ??

It is frustrating. Most of these do not require a lot of thought - they already know the answers to them.  Maybe it just takes awhile to make up all the management speak to often avoid ever answering the actual question, or to try to put it in a way that we will think it is a good answer when in reality nothing is changing.  I appreciate the effort to an extent - and I guess this is what I expected, but I confess I was hoping for more

• Like 1

at best the Qs are an indication to X what a very select set of cruise fanatics think   They  aren't going to have a revelation and respond directly to anything that was posted by saying "you are right or have point".   That would start the "well, it's been a week so what up with the changes?"

3 hours ago, lv2cruisgrl said:

She sure is taking her time 

What if she's already answered them all, and it's the board moderators that are delaying the publication?

12 hours ago, TeeRick said:

@DaKahuna.  Differing opinions and maybe needs?.  I would much rather have the drink coupons like on RCCL.  Much more flexible to my needs anyway.  They can be used all day - and night.  We get 5 each as D+ and that is sufficient for us anyway.

I agree with TeeRick, Happy Hour between 5-7 is pretty difficult for half the ship who have early dining (around 5:30-5:45), especially when one can’t get drinks in the dining room. By the time early seating is done with dinner it’s very close, if not past 7. So that leaves early diners rushing to bars to get a drink and bring into the main dining room.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I wonder if she will pass over the hard questions like why they increased the zero package by 30% 

Softball.  The US inflation rate was about 30% over the same time period.

Do I get to be CEO?🧑‍💼 

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, tfred said:

at best the Qs are an indication to X what a very select set of cruise fanatics think   They  aren't going to have a revelation and respond directly to anything that was posted by saying "you are right or have point".   That would start the "well, it's been a week so what up with the changes?"

I don't know for a fact, but my understanding is they have dedicated staff that follow the other VERY large social media site.  If I hazard a guess, I would say there are many more casual to moderate Celebrity cruisers there, which to me seem their target audience.  Many/most of the topics here I never see over there.  Just an observation.

She did answer a question about the IVs.  They are going to allocate IVs and real balconies to the next class of ship.  Perhaps they have learned Lesson #1?  Lesson #2 is about having less and larger indoor spaces on E class.  Will Celebrity learn this lesson?  TBD

With a new class of ship with real balconies,  more smaller indoor quiet spaces,  and better food Celebrity could be the cruise line of choice once again ...

Loud and shouty vs. quiet and refined ...  Time to reverse that idea.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, canderson said:

Was Park West the one where they printed all of their art on a printer?

16 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Was Park West the one where they printed all of their art on a printer?

I think you're referring to a process called giclee.  It's a legitimate way to create reproduction art -- providing it's use is properly disclosed to a potential customer, which seems to have been a problem.

Being offered a Disney feature sericel with Walt's DNA in the pigment during my first encounter with these folks was how it became my last.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I wonder if she will pass over the hard questions like why they increased the zero package by 30% 

I’m still waiting for that one too.

7 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

She did answer a question about the IVs.  They are going to allocate IVs and real balconies to the next class of ship.  Perhaps they have learned Lesson #1?  Lesson #2 is about having less and larger indoor spaces on E class.  Will Celebrity learn this lesson?  TBD

With a new class of ship with real balconies,  more smaller indoor quiet spaces,  and better food Celebrity could be the cruise line of choice once again ...

Loud and shouty vs. quiet and refined ...  Time to reverse that idea.

Before getting all excited about the answer maybe wait until you see the cost of the real balconies 

They could just be adding more suites 😉

10 hours ago, Canada17 said:

I agree with TeeRick, Happy Hour between 5-7 is pretty difficult for half the ship who have early dining (around 5:30-5:45), especially when one can’t get drinks in the dining room. By the time early seating is done with dinner it’s very close, if not past 7. So that leaves early diners rushing to bars to get a drink and bring into the main dining room.

I’m on the other end. I’m still enjoying my lounge chair at 5pm. We don’t go for pre dinner cocktails until 7.  For us this cocktail hour is too early. 

52 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Before getting all excited about the answer maybe wait until you see the cost of the real balconies 

They could just be adding more suites 😉

Oh no!  You mean people might have to choose what cabin to book?  😭

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Softball.  The US inflation rate was about 30% over the same time period.

Do I get to be CEO?🧑‍💼 

Gets it..^^^