The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday July 19th, 2024

Today is Flight Attendant Safety Professionals' Day, International Retainer Day, and National Daiquiri Day

If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner. - Tallulah Bankhead

Meal Suggestion for today - Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad with Shrimp
Drink of the Day - Cherry Vodka Sour
Wine of the Day - Vigneto Saetti 2021 Rosso Viola Lambrusco Salamino (Lambrusco dell'Emilia)
Destination of the Day - Pulau Komodo Island, East Nusa Tenggara Indonesia

Today in History:
1553 Mary I replaces Lady Jane Grey as Queen of England
1843 The steamship SS Great Britain is launched, designed by Isambard Kingdom Brunel, is the first ocean-going craft with an iron hull or screw propeller and the largest vessel afloat in the world
1848 Seneca Falls Convention begins

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Victoria BC, Vancouver Island Canada 20:00 - 23:59

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 07-20

Nieuw Amsterdam

Glacier Bay, Alaska 07:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Amsterdam, Netherlands eta 7/20

Noordam

Ketchikan, Alaska 1100-1900

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Cagliari, Sardinia Italy eta 07-20

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Rotterdam, Netherlands South Holland eta 07-20

Volendam

Portland ME, Maine 11:00 - 23:00

Westerdam

Ketchikan, Revillagigedo Island Alaska 07:00 - 13:00

Zaandam

Tracy Arm/Endicott Arm, Alaska Juneau, Alaska 1000-1030

Zuiderdam

Bar Harbor, Maine 09:00 - 19:00

0719Alaska.thumb.png.c98723f2ed12ea61e5aae56d553d104a.png

0719Atlantic.thumb.png.9887af0a0127ecf68dcdc8a437616782.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 29

Today’s Care List:

Kazu had stents placed yesterday for leg/foot pain

Quartzsite Cruiser’s DH’s Neuro appointment today

Cruzin Terri with right bicep muscle tear, pain, post-Covid effects

Marshhawk’s DH Chuck unable to get stents unclogged, needs surgery

Vict0riann’s DD having Covid

Superoma and DH with Covid

RIP Bob Newhart

Heat, Fires, flooding and Storms across the US

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness, poor appetite

Catmando’s DB Scottie post stroke

StLouisCruisers’ twin needing a shoulder replacement

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy 55th Anniversary Lady Hudson (Katherine & Bill)!

Happy Birthday to smitty34877’s DB!

Kazu’s Ivan did well with dental surgery

Aliaschief’s family vacation at St. George Island

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Cunnorl (Zuiderdam July 20 to Aug 24) 35d Voyage of the Vikings

1 day for St Pete Cruiser (Zuiderdam July 20 to Aug 24) 35d Voyage of the Vikings

tupper10 (Zuiderdam to July 20) 21d Viking Passage, StLouisCruisers (Zuiderdam to July 20) 42d Ultimate Viking Explorer & Passage, Lady Hudson (Liberty of the Seas to July 23) 5d Bermuda Cruise and Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to Aug 29) 44d Epic Northern Adventure London to London, celebrating 50th anniversary

• Like 20
  • Thanks 25

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

77 this AM with a high of 93 with afternoon showers.

Good selection of days.

Tallulah Bankhead was quite a character and that quote doesn’t surprise me.

Pass on the meal.

Off to the golf course.

Have a great day and stay well.

• Like 35

Happy TGIF.  It looks like a nice day but still planning to do my shopping early and be back later.  Waiting for hopefully great reports from @kazu on both the surgery and the house.

Roy

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Good morning friends!  We moved our clocks back the final hour last night to get us back on Eastern Time.  When I went to bed I knew I wouldn’t sleep for 10 hours and I didn’t.  I’m not used to getting much sleep so I lay awake for what feels like half that time.  We are anchoring off Bar Harbor in a while and it should be a lovely day there with sunshine and a high in the mid 70’s.  Currently it’s 61 at sea and we are moving at 18 knots to get there on time.  We all have to go through immigration and the process will include the collection of biometrics (fingerprint, picture, passport scan).  Hopefully it goes better than last time.  They passed out immigration slot number cards to each stateroom and will call us all there by number.  They didn’t clue us in to when this will all start.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the location maps.  We can appreciate flight attendants, retainers, and daiquiris.  That Tallulah Bankhead quote is pretty funny.  The salad sounds interesting as does the cocktail.  No idea if I’d like the wine.  All good days in history.  Thanks Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for your very important reports!

Prayers for all here on the Daily Care list, my DB, twin sister, Alex/Jordan’s baby boys, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held and our troops overseas.  I hope Jacqui @kazu is doing okay and will feel like posting to let us know how it’s all going there.  Prayers for Tana’s comfort today.  Hoping Chuck @catmando and Annie @marshhawk get some relief from Chuck’s edema and lack of appetite.  This has been very hard on them both.  Praying for improvement for everyone’s conditions.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events and cruising.  Happy 55th anniversary Katherine & Bill @Lady Hudson.  Happy birthday to Terry’s @smitty34877 DB!!  Thanks Vanessa @JazzyV

The port today is Pulau Komodo Island East Nusa Tenggara Indonesia.  I have not been there before but who knows what the future holds.  The previous dates we had Komodo Island were June 6, 2021 and Nov. 6, 2023.  Here are the links for your convenience in reposting photos.

I’ve heard about the global outages of 911, airlines and banks and hope that is taken care of pronto.  Charlene  @cunnorl is flying to Boston!  And I have to fly out of Boston tomorrow too so I pray all is back to normal for everyone’s sake.  Meanwhile try to stay safe and keep well!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 6

Good Morning from a beautiful day in Boston.

Up very early because it gets light here much earlier than at home. 
We had a smooth and uneventful trip here yesterday. Staying at the Hampton Inn and it is literally a 5 minute walk to the terminal. I have family that live just north of here and we are spending the day with them. It will be fun! 
   @Lady Hudson  a very Happy Anniversary to you. May you enjoy many more! 
      Sandi @StLouisCruisers I will wave to you tomorrow! Safe travels home! 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene 

• Like 35
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

It is sunny and 77°F in our back garden at 11.36am.

I hope I would do a lot of things differently if I lived my life again but meeting Pauline 46 years ago was the best thing that happened to me.

I hope everyone is safe and feeling well and y'all have a lovely day.

Screenshot_20240719_113319.jpg

Screenshot_20240719_113406.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

15 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  We moved our clocks back the final hour last night to get us back on Eastern Time.  When I went to bed I knew I wouldn’t sleep for 10 hours and I didn’t.  I’m not used to getting much sleep so I lay awake for what feels like half that time.  We are anchoring off Bar Harbor in a while and it should be a lovely day there with sunshine and a high in the mid 70’s.  Currently it’s 61 at sea and we are moving at 18 knots to get there on time.  We all have to go through immigration and the process will include the collection of biometrics (fingerprint, picture, passport scan).  Hopefully it goes better than last time.  They passed out immigration slot number cards to each stateroom and will call us all there by number.  They didn’t clue us in to when this will all start.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the location maps.  We can appreciate flight attendants, retainers, and daiquiris.  That Tallulah Bankhead quote is pretty funny.  The salad sounds interesting as does the cocktail.  No idea if I’d like the wine.  All good days in history.  Thanks Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for your very important reports!

Prayers for all here on the Daily Care list, my DB, twin sister, Alex/Jordan’s baby boys, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held and our troops overseas.  I hope Jacqui @kazu is doing okay and will feel like posting to let us know how it’s all going there.  Prayers for Tana’s comfort today.  Hoping Chuck @catmando and Annie @marshhawk get some relief from Chuck’s edema and lack of appetite.  This has been very hard on them both.  Praying for improvement for everyone’s conditions.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events and cruising.  Happy 55th anniversary Katherine & Bill @Lady Hudson.  Happy birthday to Terry’s @smitty34877 DB!!  Thanks Vanessa @JazzyV

The port today is Pulau Komodo Island East Nusa Tenggara Indonesia.  I have not been there before but who knows what the future holds.  The previous dates we had Komodo Island were June 6, 2021 and Nov. 6, 2023.  Here are the links for your convenience in reposting photos.

I’ve heard about the global outages of 911, airlines and banks and hope that is taken care of pronto.  Charlene  @cunnorl is flying to Boston!  And I have to fly out of Boston tomorrow too so I pray all is back to normal for everyone’s sake.  Meanwhile try to stay safe and keep well!

I hope you have a nice final day on board Sandi and prayers 🙏 there are no problems with your flight tomorrow.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Cherry Vodka Sour cocktail:

Ingredients:
3 oz. Vodka
3 oz. sweet and sour mix
1 tablespoons cherry grenadine syrup

Directions:
Stir together vodka, sweet and sour mix, and grenadine in an 8 oz. glass.  Fill with ice.

Screenshot 2024-07-19 at 6.37.28 AM.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 19

8 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a beautiful day in Boston.

Up very early because it gets light here much earlier than at home. 
We had a smooth and uneventful trip here yesterday. Staying at the Hampton Inn and it is literally a 5 minute walk to the terminal. I have family that live just north of here and we are spending the day with them. It will be fun! 
   @Lady Hudson  a very Happy Anniversary to you. May you enjoy many more! 
      Sandi @StLouisCruisers I will wave to you tomorrow! Safe travels home! 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene 

I'm very happy to hear you are safely in Boston Charlene!  I thought maybe you were flying in today.  I hope you have a wonderful day and an exciting Voyage of the Vikings cruise! 

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you have a nice final day on board Sandi and prayers 🙏 there are no problems with your flight tomorrow.

Thank you so much Graham.  I hope the same.🙂

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good Friday Morning Dailyites!  We lost power last night at 9:15, I was still at work, it came back at 6 this morning.  Way too hot and humid not to have air conditioning.  DH was happy as he doesnt like cold, and he got the bed again to stretch out those arms and I got the sofa.  Which was way too hot.

I will come back ;later, but have to get organized for the day and get DH to his appointment. I am very tired!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 13

Good sunny and wonderfully cool morning. It’s 64 with low humidity and an expected high of 85 today. I wish it would last for the rest of summer. 
I can’t post all the details because it’s political in nature but there are some terrible people in the world. Search for Bernville Pa borough in the news and you will understand.

@kazu, praying yesterday went well for you. 
Blessings and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.  Happy Friday!

It's only 14°C (57°F) this morning, much too cool for July.  But we should warm up to a sunny 25°C (77°F) this afternoon.

I hear there is a global IT outage, I hope it is solved quickly and doesn't adversely affect too many.

Three interesting days to observe.  I thank flight attendants, I've never had a retainer, I had a tasty daiquiri last time I was on a BHB.

Amusing quote.

I'd like to try the meal, drink and wine.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  I hope there are lots of celebrations.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1