The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday July 19th, 2024

Good morning from a still dark central Texas.  It is 72F with a predicted high of 93F.  This will be quick since we have to leave by 8 am to be at UTSW by 10 for a 10:30 appointment.  DH's appointment is a routine follow up to the last appointment to check on how the shunt adjustment is doing.

Three interesting days, and I'm glad I don't have to wear a retainer now.  Flight attendants safety professionals are very important.  I'll take a frozen strawberry daiquiri, please.

Tallulah Bankhead was quite a character.

The meal sounds wonderful, but we won't be having it as DH does not like spinach salads.  We'll pass on the drink, but I might like the wine.

We have not been to Komodo Island.

Three interesting days in history to observe.

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, I hope immigration goes quickly and smoothly.  I hope you have a safe and uneventful flight home tomorrow.

@cunnorl  Charlene. I'm glad you are safely in Boston.

@grapau27  Graham, thanks for the information on retainer day.

@marshhawk  Annie, I'm sorry about the power outage and lack of sleep.  I hope all goes well at DH's appointment today.

@smitty34877  Terry, please wish your DB a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY for us.

images(2).jpg.b6eb2844e172210a0ee1385dbf3db589.jpg

449685941_865275018956153_6757686423938441971_n.jpg.9ecf66f051cb6896403af0e9e22a6a97.jpg

450962314_7856208171100871_5554372716709748852_n.jpg.a0a39d0b90d3da0e15bb9399aa258fe1.jpg

451245519_122200646336010688_6578270522202288484_n.jpg.16ef5d274ec0811464b1001ef9863dd5.jpg

451474838_122200542902010688_8327809806960905886_n.jpg.07cd7f646095b4951eeb6d89128913b4.jpg

451481187_122200542674010688_384728490164616406_n.jpg.509d4d40054e23c8c876d20180a5a0aa.jpg

451618595_122152541168053854_8170549834207398018_n.jpg.09a1ed9a70d20ff8aefb4f74878d738c.jpg

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 18

Happy Friday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Sunny and a high of 84 today. Just a tad cooler. I will take it. 

Having my business Internet connected in my home. I would have cancelled but I am in the middle of a contract and cancelling would have cost me $700. Tomorrow I will be moving the last of the furniture out of the office. At lease I will save on rent and travel time. 

Happy anniversary to @Lady Hudson.

image.jpeg.6ad1529ec04bd29cef5277dd0b06e8d3.jpeg

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating.

Have a safe and healthy day. 

We Made It To Friday Quotes. QuotesGram

• Like 29

Posted (edited)

Good morning everyone and happy Friday.  Thanks for the definition of retainer Graham, I thought it was about engaging an attorney.  Flight attendants should have their day and love a good limey cocktail.  A fun quote.  I look forward to today's port photos and hope to make it there sometime.  It isn't on 2026 GANZ itinerary, who knows things can change, a long time away.  I will pass on "clean out the fridge" salad, the cocktail would be a good happy hour tipple on a BHB and I will wait for the wine review, Lambrusco used to be a cheap wine but they are probably treating  it with respect.  I got really bad wine news last night, my favorite wine maker, Carlisle, is shutting their doors so the can retire. Instead of selling to a conglomerate or another owner, they respected their brand and will close. I just ordered my case on Wednesday.  I hope they have enough in barrel to at least have enough for one more offering. 

Thanks for the cares and celebrations reports Vanessa.  Happy birthday to your DB Terry.  He has been such a help to you and Tana I hope you all have a lovely celebration.  I hope Jacqui came through her surgery well and look forward to her update. Prayers for Chuck suffering from edema, Annie holding down the fort with no AC, @superoma, Terrie and Bonnie.  Prayers for all in war through no fault of their own, Ukraine, the remaining hostages and the Innocents in Gaza.  Sandi I hope you enjoy your last full day on the Zuiderdam and beautiful Bar Harbor.  

My computer battery went dead a day ago but with town yesterday and now Microsoft issues I will wait a day to try it.  My problems began with a few Blue Screens requiring a restart. Have a lovely Friday!  Nancy 

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 4

Good morning everyone from a gorgeous 65F Wells, ME.  I’ve opened the upstairs windows and a nice cool breeze is wafting through.

A nice collection of days to celebrate.  Sometimes we forget the safety professionals that flight attendants are, I appreciate them for that.  I stepped on my retainer about eight months after I got it, that was the end of that.  A daiquiri sounds refreshing after I cut the grass today. 

The quote is classic Talulah Bankhead.

Both the meal and drink suggestions sound perfect for today.

I haven’t been to today’s port.

Prayers for those on our prayer list.  I hope that @kazu’s procedure went smoothly.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events today!  Happy anniversary to @Lady Hudson 🥂! Happy birthday to @smitty34877’s brother 🎂!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Good morning all. I have gotten out of the habit of checking in each morning.  Life has slowly started to improve for my family but has a long ways to go to be semi normal. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 11

Good morning. Pretty start of the day here on the island. Yesterday, turned out to be a pretty nice day until 4 PM when a thunderstorm arrived.

Morning news sounds like a big IT crash affecting various systems around the world. Hope that get’s straightened up quickly.

I’ll have to go back and read post as there seems to be many congratulations being given. @kazu Jacqui we await to hear about your status and do pray it’s good news.

The grand kids are still asleep so there is still some peace on the beach. I do wish you all a happy day and wonderful upcoming weekend. Thanks for the reports and post. Bruce

image.jpeg.8b3750fec7780520abb6e3e6d0e6573d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cb4837b0d8ed8a708c09a2dfda118784.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e4f50d9cfc03e1127bf5cc514836ce5f.jpeg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9

Good morning. It is lovely and cool at 66 going to 80. I remember my retainer and constantly taking it out. The invisible type my  DGC’s have is far superior. I salute the hard work of flight attendants and would try the recipe today as I think we have all ingredients.

My DB thanks you all for his birthday wishes. We will celebrate tonight with the meal of his choice and DD is making a cake that he will eat. He is a very careful eater and always has been so we check and make sure this is acceptable to what we call “ the food police” here! 

I hope Jacqui is doing well and that the surgery helps with the pain.

Annie and Chuck, I hope today is also a better day for both of you and that the office visit if helpful.

@Lady Hudson, HappyAnniversary to you both!

We had a power outage yesterday afternoon that a caused  us to scramble for the oxygen tanks. Fortunately it was brief,unlike what Annie went through last night.

DB wearing his ancient Swedish sweater made by our Mormor. It is almost as old as he is, haha

864.jpeg

• Like 34

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich. I am sipping my first cup of coffee of the morning.

Brayden is safely at Orlando. But of course the entire airline industry is suffering from that computer outage. And my niece just let us know that the Sloan Kettering computers are also down, so this outage may be bigger than just the airline industry. Thank goodness he checked in yesterday and was carry his small suitcase onboard with him. The lines at the luggage check in area were astronomical and we arrived at 5:30 in the morning. I hope everyone packs a great deal of patience in their carry on. 

Vanessa, thank you for sharing what is happening with all of us. I really appreciate the work you put into this. 

I don’t pick Bindi up from her overnight paradise until 10 - so she can hit the beauty parlor before heading home. Then a normal day until about 3 when I start making my contribution to this afternoon’s celebration. Then I can just relax and enjoy my neighbors. Our guest of honor is providing the champagne for a toast to the neighborhood.  I will sleep tonight!

IMG_3112.jpeg.a14bb35386f93e67d8d7751a7b4cedeb.jpeg

IMG_3167.jpeg.c41db98ad90bca70f8a36ec7f811f9c9.jpeg

IMG_3175.jpeg.0c7ede10678c1a21713b07a8f8bc44fe.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Praying that Tana has a good day and eats! Praying that Chuck enjoys eating today as much as yesterday, and has a good day. 

Jacqui, I pray all went well yesterday. 

Praying that all caregivers take care of themselves, too. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating! @smitty34877 Terry, please wish your DB a happy birthday from me, too! I am glad he is who he is. 

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Vigneto Saetti 2021 Rosso Viola Lambrusco Salamino (Lambrusco dell'Emilia)

Ooh “crunchy acidity”. I actually would like to taste this one. It is fairly widely available and has a decent price. Online prices start at $23.97.

95 Wine Enthusiast 

100% Salamino grown organically in the hills north of Modena this wine is the personification of the Saetti family's dedication to their craft. Aromas of blackberries, mulberries and tamarind share the glass with violets, dried roses and wild herbs. The palate is lush and vibrant at the same time with rich ripe black-hued fruits balanced with crunchy acidity. The wine has a long and refined finish highlighted by the well-crafted perlage. 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 14
  • Haha 5

29 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Good morning all. I have gotten out of the habit of checking in each morning.  Life has slowly started to improve for my family but has a long ways to go to be semi normal. 

What the heck is normal these days, Linda? Happy to see you. 

• Like 25

Thanks for our TGIF  Daily, Rich and thank God it is Friday.

I probably won’t be on a lot today.  I was just too sore and tired by the time I got home yesterday after nearly 10 hours at the hospital.  Still sore and tired - not much sleep last night since I had to drink a lot of fluids to get the contrast out of my system.  And the IV didn’t help either.  LOL.

The doctors did  both sides, procedure took longer than originally told due to it but they declared the procedure a success with smiles on their faces.  It’s not fun - have to be absolutely still for the procedure and then 90 minutes after with no lifting of the head.  Then to recovery.  Finally, water.

My sweet neighbour drove me there at 5:30 AM  and picked me up at when it was over.  Special prescription and she rushed it in and picked it up for me.  Bless her.  My friend came over and stayed with me and just left (it’s a requirement that someone stay with you when you are alone).

She took good care of me, bugging me to drink my fluids, checking th wounds my feet and legs.  LOL.

Today I will try to get something in my stomach - I couldn’t eat last night - sick.  And drink fluids and sleep.  Ivan will be coming home tonight and, of course, the reports were he has been as good as gold.    She will keep walking him as I am limited now and probably will have to do stuff to get strength back in my legs.

Realtor called and the potential buyers are a no.  They love it but they want to do Reno’s and with two little children afraid it would be too hard. (My friend thought they were crazy, she loves the house but everyone has different priorities and tastes).    We’ll get the house staged next week hopefully when I am not so sore and get it on the market.

I am so sorry to hear about the airline problems and hope everyone can get home and to their cruises.

Thanks so much everyone for caring and all the good wishes.  Hopefully, after recovery it will be onward and upward.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 22

32 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich. I am sipping my first cup of coffee of the morning.

Brayden is safely at Orlando. But of course the entire airline industry is suffering from that computer outage. And my niece just let us know that the Sloan Kettering computers are also down, so this outage may be bigger than just the airline industry. Thank goodness he checked in yesterday and was carry his small suitcase onboard with him. The lines at the luggage check in area were astronomical and we arrived at 5:30 in the morning. I hope everyone packs a great deal of patience in their carry on. 

Vanessa, thank you for sharing what is happening with all of us. I really appreciate the work you put into this. 

I don’t pick Bindi up from her overnight paradise until 10 - so she can hit the beauty parlor before heading home. Then a normal day until about 3 when I start making my contribution to this afternoon’s celebration. Then I can just relax and enjoy my neighbors. Our guest of honor is providing the champagne for a toast to the neighborhood.  I will sleep tonight!

IMG_3112.jpeg.a14bb35386f93e67d8d7751a7b4cedeb.jpeg

IMG_3167.jpeg.c41db98ad90bca70f8a36ec7f811f9c9.jpeg

IMG_3175.jpeg.0c7ede10678c1a21713b07a8f8bc44fe.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Praying that Tana has a good day and eats! Praying that Chuck enjoys eating today as much as yesterday, and has a good day. 

Jacqui, I pray all went well yesterday. 

Praying that all caregivers take care of themselves, too. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating! @smitty34877 Terry, please wish your DB a happy birthday from me, too! I am glad he is who he is. 

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Vigneto Saetti 2021 Rosso Viola Lambrusco Salamino (Lambrusco dell'Emilia)

Ooh “crunchy acidity”. I actually would like to taste this one. It is fairly widely available and has a decent price. Online prices start at $23.97.

95 Wine Enthusiast 

100% Salamino grown organically in the hills north of Modena this wine is the personification of the Saetti family's dedication to their craft. Aromas of blackberries, mulberries and tamarind share the glass with violets, dried roses and wild herbs. The palate is lush and vibrant at the same time with rich ripe black-hued fruits balanced with crunchy acidity. The wine has a long and refined finish highlighted by the well-crafted perlage. 

Thanks Ann. I treasure his company.I hope Brayden gets to Boston without incident.

• Like 22

Good afternoon.

It is 77°F and sunny here.

Just had lunch and I have my phone on charge in our summer house while I am posting on here.

I hope everyone is having an enjoyable day.

17213930121033946188091568326561.jpg.1d7436d0d1c50b3f1651844493dfbf5a.jpg

• Like 24