The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday July 19th, 2024

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good day and thanks all!  
Bon voyage to those off! 
@Lady Hudsonhappy anniversary! 
@smitty34877 happy birthday to your DB!   Love the sweater! 
@kazu glad you are home safe and mostly sound!  I’m sorry the anaesthetic made you feel sick.   Praying you’ll soon be feeling great!  The house will happen,  when the timing is right. 
@Seasick Sailor sorry to hear Bonnie’s news,  but that surgery is very successful. 
@kochleffel hoping you stay healthy! 
@marshhawk love the photos, we all need as much positive as possible in our lives,  please share away! 
@cat shepard truly what is normal?  How is your sister doing?   Love the wine today,  we spent several days near Modena trying a lot of the dry Lambruscos,  yum!  

@Cruising-along thanks for the safe photos from Komodo! 

@Quartzsite Cruiser glad the appointment went well!  Always such Relief! 
@Vict0riann so glad you have a fridge again! 

@Heartgrove hugs as you navigate these difficult times with poor sam!  Love the old dogs, they are truly wonderful!

IMG_1762.jpeg

Amazing picture, Brenda!

I am not sure about my Sister. I asked Brayden on the way to Orlando this morning if she was relying on him more lately, or if it was just because it was late in the day? He wasn’t sure. 

Not only was she out of breath, but she didn’t seem to be thinking clearly. 

BUT, she had just spent two days helping a teenage 16 year old man, figure out what to pack for a 12 day vacation and his first solo trip with no airline person guiding him every step. She was nervous. But he has great instincts. 

This will be excellent for all of us.  Thank you for asking. My Sister is very good at hiding things.  

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good cool evening. I hope everyone had a good day today. 
@Crazy For Cats. Jake , I know you have relatives in the Columbia Pa area and just wanted to let you know that there was a massive fire this morning at Tollbooth antique. It was right down town and was totally destroyed 💔

Stay safe and be well.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

@kazu thank you for the update on your surgery yesterday.  Take it easy and happy Ivan will be back with you tonight.  

@ger_77 the pink flowering plant is Sedum Dragon's Blood. It is a versatile plant and thrives up here at the cabin. It gifts seedlings too.  

@Heartgrove sorry Sam had a rough morning. 

@grapau27 beautiful back yard and Hydrangeas.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Just checking in.

I was about to post earlier. However, we had severe thunderstorms and lost power and internet. So we had tuna fish sandwiches for dinner by candlelight.

We are doing the best we can and I will read the rest of the posts that I was not able to read earlier.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Terri

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@Cruising-alongWhat month was it when you visited Komodo Island? Although I suppose most any month is going to be hot. I always take a zip top bag with a wash cloth in it, filled with ice, on hot weather tours. Bet my ice won't last long there. Thanks!

The 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand visited Komodo Island on 2/7 which is during the summer in the southern hemisphere.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

@Seasick Sailor so sad to read about your DS Bonnie, prayers for her healing.  

We had some luck fishing this morning.  Four keeper Walleye. We gave up because we got tired. Fish were biting all the time we were out. Friday fish fry at home. 

FB_IMG_1721428656273.jpg

FB_IMG_1721438429807.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

49 minutes ago, SusieKIslandGirl said:

@Cruising-alongWhat month was it when you visited Komodo Island? Although I suppose most any month is going to be hot. I always take a zip top bag with a wash cloth in it, filled with ice, on hot weather tours. Bet my ice won't last long there. Thanks!

As Rich said, we were there February 7.  But I have a feeling it's very hot and humid there most of the time! You're right, the ice wouldn't last more than a few minutes.  I found the best thing was the battery-operated fans and lots of water.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I managed to get through the rest of the posts that I did not read since the power outage.

@kazu Jacqui, I am glad that the surgery went well. Prayers that you heal well.

@smitty34877 Happy Birthday to your DB. Glad he is there to help.

@Seasick Sailor I am sorry to hear that your DS needs a double mastectomy.  Prayers for her.

@marshhawk prayers for you and Chuck.  Hope you get your AC back soon.

Bon Voyage  to @cunnorl and @StPeteCruiser

@Lady Hudson Happy Anniversary.

i don’t know who I am missing. But prayers for everyone, and Cheers to those who are celebrating and cruising.

God Bless and Good night

Terri

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the HAL Fleet locations, and daily news.

@kazu  thanks for the update, best wishes for successful healing.

We visited Komodo Island back in 2014, during our Australian Circumnavigation on the Volendam.  It was a great cruise with Captain Baijens, Hotel Manager James Deering and Cruise Director Bruce Allen Scudder. 

Thanks for your photos @Cruising-along. We went on the first excursion of the day (November 1st) used  an umbrella as a parasol, wore my Katmandu neck cooler and carried lots of water. Unfortunately we chose the long walk,up and down hills searching for dragons, only saw marks in the soil where a dragon had been. Finally came to the dragons which were a few yards from where we began the walk.!!  It was wonderful to re board Volendam and appreciate the Air Conditioning.

Do not remember the steep steps at the pier, thought we had stepped from the tender on to the pier.

When we did the Australain Circumnavigation on the Maasdam, we just stayed on board during the Komodo Island visit.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

Is it still Friday?  Gosh what a long day.  Watched a lot of FIA interviews, qualifying and practice, went and got lunch, came back almost snoozed, worked for 4 hours, made 1 sale. I worked enough to make up for the lost time, but if I work at 5 hours tomorrow, I will be over by 3 hours.  I really ticked off my boss yesterday. And I didnt really want to work more hours, and see?  the God of electricity took pity on me blew over a tree took out the power to the whole neighborhood and a telephone pole,  The power has been fixed but the wires are hanging down with pink ribbons to let you know that there are low wires.....and I did drive past the entrance to the hood, and while the power is back on, the remnants of the tree are still in the street.  I usually go out the back way anyway.

A few other trees blew over yesterday, odd as we really didnt have much wind. But tonight, DH says he is going to bed, I have to fluff his pillow for his feet, turn on the sound of rain and waves for him, and hit my sofa.  I am tired!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3