Laura Hodges Bethage responses to Questions are an insult !!!!

3 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I've always wondered about this.  For the crew, it's all about luck.  In a perfect world, the passenger writes "John Doe, our waiter from Blu, was the best"e, yet how often does that happen (rhetorical)?  More realistically...

-No last name, name tags only list first names

-If no last name, hopefully, no one else with the same first name

The passenger doesn't mention the job/section

-Passenger can't even remember how to spell the name well enough for X to identify 

That is how we do it. We keep a running list on our phones and also take a picture to make sure we get the name correct. On our last cruise we had eight different people that we highlighted for great service.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I assume you think it’s too high..what do you expect her to say? Others book it and say they really enjoy it..do you want a special discount? 

FWIW, it seems high to me too..I prefer the Rooftop Grill on E Class myself..although the bar in Eden during the day is sometimes a nice place to get a drink.

As stated, I expected the courtesy of a response and that was the expectation of this exercise.  If she (or more to the point an underling at Celebrity) had not intention of asking questions submitted than it should never had asked for questions to be sent.  

• Like 1

Interesting that the deadline for her responses was today and a lot of questions were left with no response, particularly in the first couple pages of thread. Interesting she chose to reply to the most recent questions first and ignored many of those who submitted early in the process.  The whole thing seemed like a pointless exercise in marketing.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

Interesting that the deadline for her responses was today and a lot of questions were left with no response, particularly in the first couple pages of thread. Interesting she chose to reply to the most recent questions first and ignored many of those who submitted early in the process.  The whole thing seemed like a pointless exercise in marketing.

It was advertised correctly, we write the questions and she (and/or her team) writes the answers.  They even stated it's possible she might not even answer

I do agree that the older questions should have appeared first

Edit to add:  It seems like people believed it was presented as "What actions can we take to improve your experience on X?"

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

It was advertised correctly, we write the questions and she (and/or her team) writes the answers.  They even stated it's possible she might not even answer

I do agree that the older questions should have appeared first

Edit to add:  It seems like people believed it was presented as "What actions can we take to improve your experience on X?"

It also said it would be interactive 🤔

Rules for Participation
- Forum is closed to new questions; thank you all for participating!
- Once Ms. Hodges-Bethge has responded, you may discuss.  However, please understand that 
she may not respond.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike981 said:

That is how we do it. We keep a running list on our phones and also take a picture to make sure we get the name correct. On our last cruise we had eight different people that we highlighted for great service.

I've seen people take pictures of name tags, yet for most, that probably means they didn't ask for their last name.  Then who knows what they actually said in the survey "Gabby was the best, promote her immediately!".  Worst case scenario, another girl named Gabby gets promoted...lol

2 hours ago, IDL said:

As stated, I expected the courtesy of a response and that was the expectation of this exercise.  If she (or more to the point an underling at Celebrity) had not intention of asking questions submitted than it should never had asked for questions to be sent.  

I assume you did read the part that stated that not all questions may be answered.  The expectation set in the beginning was that they would pick and choose questions to be answered never that they would answer each and every one.  

I asked multiple and think only one was answered. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I assume you did read the part that stated that not all questions may be answered.  The expectation set in the beginning was that they would pick and choose questions to be answered never that they would answer each and every one.  

I asked multiple and think only one was answered. 

Really a cop out to cherry pick questions over the course of two weeks and even those responses said very little.  A fruitless exercise. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I doubt very much that LHB cares about a poster here characterizing her answers as an insult.  Maybe got a chuckle out of it.

If you have a better idea why she stopped her responses at the same time this threat started along with numerous insulting posts elsewhere, please share. You probably remember the previous series of Q&A with the previous X official (was it in 2019 or 2018?) - at that time the similarly crafted answers did not get that much animosity

6 hours ago, IDL said:

Similar to the Jerry Seinfeld’s rental car stand up comedy routine; she may be willing to accept all questions but answering them not so much.  I submitted a question July 4th concerning the price of the meal at Eden and not even the courtesy of a response. 

You can thank your fellow CC members for the overwhelming animosity toward Laura. I would not bother to answer the questions from disrespectful audience

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, voyager1964 said:

You probably remember the previous series of Q&A with the previous X official (was it in 2019 or 2018?) - at that time the similarly crafted answers did not get that much animosity

I do remember but at that time, Celebrity hadn't yet been gutted as a brand.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, voyager1964 said:

You can thank your fellow CC members for the overwhelming animosity toward Laura. I would not bother to answer the questions from disrespectful audience

Her replies to many questions, with marketing lingo and no substance were imo disrespectful. Why even bother. That is not a good way to “treat” the people who fill the ships and in turn pay her salary.
I haven’t read all of the Q&A but it appears most of the comments from CC members have been courteous .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lovecruzin said:

Her replies to many questions, with marketing lingo and no substance were imo disrespectful. Why even bother. That is not a good way to “treat” the people who fill the ships and in turn pay her salary.
I haven’t read all of the Q&A but it appears most of the comments from CC members have been courteous .

But not all of the follow on comments 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, voyager1964 said:

- at that time the similarly crafted answers did not get that much animosity

Perhaps something along the lines of the old adage "Fool me twice..." ?

5 hours ago, IDL said:

Really a cop out to cherry pick questions over the course of two weeks and even those responses said very little.  A fruitless exercise. 

I disagree. I appreciate LHB taking time out of her busy schedule to answer some of our questions. And what she answered and how were telling to me, if no one else.

3 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I disagree. I appreciate LHB taking time out of her busy schedule to answer some of our questions. And what she answered and how were telling to me, if no one else.

Probably someone on staff decided what to answer and not answer and then wrote the responses which she may have reviewed and approved prior to posting.  Basically boiler plate responses. 

• Like 2

Aloha.  In my opinion it seems that the old guard who really knew and loved ships, cruising and passengers are no longer involved and have either retired or passed on sad to say. This is true with so many businesses.  The new ones are a dime A dozen. It's not in their blood and most of them recycle thru the industry from company to company in different positions. I wish her well but would not be surprised if she moves on in a few years if that long.

• Like 1

Companies have SOME interest in feedback from existing customers but MORE interest in targeting potential new customers.

Most policies, changes, new products, etc. are created by highly paid in house teams and consultants.

I am unhappy about many changes in the cruise industry, auto industry, the state of the world in general.

I can vote with my feet, dollars, etc.

But I think many people here have an unrealistic sense of what an individual opinion can or will impact at any corporate level as well as how much deference they will be shown.

JMO.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I thought that the answers were disappointing, and some were not answered.  I was not impressed...

Why offer to do this if you are not going to impress most people?

Edited by NMTraveller
  • Like 2

From some of her responses it just shows that she has no clue of the actaul onboard experence and seems not to care from this superficial approach.

• Like 4