How is Royal with price adjustments?

Posted (edited)

I am looking at a 5-day Bermuda cruise on Liberty for Aug. 2025, but the rate for inside cabins have increased by 50% in the last month or so.

Should I book now and call Royal for an adjustment if the price drops? I've never done a price adjustment with Royal before.

My other alternative would be to wait until the price drops before booking.

Thanks.

Edited by craig01020

38 minutes ago, craig01020 said:

I am looking at a 5-day Bermuda cruise on Liberty for Aug. 2025, but the rate for inside cabins have increased by 50% in the last month or so.

Should I book now and call Royal for an adjustment if the price drops? I've never done a price adjustment with Royal before.

Thanks.

Book now, prices aren't dropping.  If they do drop however, Royal will match the price up to the final payment date.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Book now, prices aren't dropping.  If they do drop however, Royal will match the price up to the final payment date.

But this is not automatic and you will have to call whomever you book through to get it repriced.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

Not sure if this applies to the Op but if you’re booking in UK or Ireland there are no price changes allowed. 

Great Point. Feel for you, in last year saved thousands in price drops in USA, sorry it doesn't apply to everyone

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Precisely, as the OP stated, he would call Royal and request a price match if available.

1 hour ago, craig01020 said:

Thanks.

Only book now if you are okay with the current price or you are booking with a refundable deposit.

Note that if your category doesn't drop, but another does, you can change to the other category for any price difference.  You can do that up to a couple days prior to sailing, but will only get a refund (if applicable) if the change is made before final payment date.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

August 2025 Bermuda cruises from NYC on all lines are running quite high.(Hey, it's summer). Only real chance to attempt to get a deal will be to wait until last minute.(But be willing to forego the trip, if prices never fall)

Edited by neverbeenhere

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Always book when you've made the decision on a cruise. The odds of pricing going up are much higher than going down.

This is soooo true.  We’ve not had a price drop on any of our cruises in over a year.  They have only gone up and some by 30-50% more! 

If it does drop before final payment you or your TA can call for a price adjustment.  

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

This is soooo true.  We’ve not had a price drop on any of our cruises in over a year.  They have only gone up and some by 30-50% more! 

If it does drop before final payment you or your TA can call for a price adjustment.  

I had 5 price drops for 2 cruises back in March/April. Not sure what was going on then since prices are way back up now

• Like 2

11 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I had 5 price drops for 2 cruises back in March/April. Not sure what was going on then since prices are way back up now

Same for our 2025 March cruise on the Odyssey.  We've saved around $2400 between our 3 balcony cabins since original booking.  Haven't seen an other price drops since May though.

20 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

August 2025 Bermuda cruises from NYC on all lines are running quite high.(Hey, it's summer). Only real chance to attempt to get a deal will be to wait until last minute.(But be willing to forego the trip, if prices never fall)

We are cruising this August out of NYC.   We booked 15-16 months ahead when new itinerary was released.  The price has always gone up.  It has never dropped below what we paid.  It shocks me what others paid to do this same cruise.  Summer prices, in my experience never drop, they just get higher and higher until the boat is filled.

Posted (edited)

So when I check RC’s website and it says “Our Best Price Guarantee lets you take advantage of a better price within 48 hours from the time you booked— just give us a call or use our online form. You’ll receive the difference as a non-refundable onboard credit inside final payment or rate adjustment outside final payment.” y'all are saying the 48 hours thing isn’t true? It can be adjusted at any time outside of the final payment? Including if the Black Friday pricing is cheaper? 

Edited by mooretraveling

1 hour ago, mooretraveling said:

It can be adjusted at any time outside of the final payment?

Including if the Black Friday pricing is cheaper? 

Yes.

Yes.

The 48 hour thing is for inside final payment (booked in the US market).

I booked Odyssey for a Nov cruise for  this year last yr on Anthem. I learned on the  Facebook page for the cruise today  some prices had dropped. I called RCCL and got about $140 off on  my jr suite.  I think if this had been after final payment it may have been different but not sure how.

32 minutes ago, elizabethbp said:

I think if this had been after final payment it may have been different but not sure how.

Correct. When cruising first started up after COVID, you could get OBC for price drops after final payment, but that was discontinued in 2022 if memory serves. These days, once you've made your final payment, you are locked into what you paid--unless, as was mentioned above, you book it in the first place within that window and the price drops in the next 48 hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elizabethbp said:

I think if this had been after final payment it may have been different but not sure how.

As others have said, no refund for price drops after final payment.  However, if another [higher] category drops, you can upgrade for the $ difference (or no $ if lower than your original fare).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

As others have said, no refund for price drops after final payment.  However, if another [higher] category drops, you can upgrade for the $ difference (or no $ if lower than your original fare).

I just booked to Bermuda today. Havent been watching but saw it when I was checking another booking and royal isnt doing any more Bermuda out of florida after sept or I wouldnt have booked. Only insides and OVs left. I booked a ov so if price drops only a more expensive ov I can upgrade to. Balconys and suites sold out. I was thinking about what if the price drops, safer to book a inside so I have room to upgrade. 

Got 12:30 arrival, boo hiss. I'm 43 days out, missed the 45 day check in by 2 days.

Edited by firefly333

15 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Correct. When cruising first started up after COVID, you could get OBC for price drops after final payment, but that was discontinued in 2022 if memory serves. These days, once you've made your final payment, you are locked into what you paid--unless, as was mentioned above, you book it in the first place within that window and the price drops in the next 48 hours.

I have experience of this today. I did not recall the 2022 change, so I contacted my agent

This was her reply. . .

"I spoke with Royal Caribbean about their Best Price Guarantee. They offer rate adjustments if a better price is found before the final payment is made. If there is a lower price within 48 hours of booking within final payment stage, the difference can be provided as onboard credit. However, again this option is only available if the booking is made within 48 hours and after the final payment.
"Unfortunately, since your reservation was made more than 48 hours ago and before the final payment date, Royal Caribbean is unable to offer a price adjustment or onboard credit.
"As a gesture of compensation, Royal Caribbean has offered to upgrade you to an oceanview category to reflect the price difference."
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, compman9 said:

I have experience of this today. I did not recall the 2022 change, so I contacted my agent

This was her reply. . .

"I spoke with Royal Caribbean about their Best Price Guarantee. They offer rate adjustments if a better price is found before the final payment is made. If there is a lower price within 48 hours of booking within final payment stage, the difference can be provided as onboard credit. However, again this option is only available if the booking is made within 48 hours and after the final payment.
"Unfortunately, since your reservation was made more than 48 hours ago and before the final payment date, Royal Caribbean is unable to offer a price adjustment or onboard credit.
"As a gesture of compensation, Royal Caribbean has offered to upgrade you to an oceanview category to reflect the price difference."

Even before final payment, UK-based reservations I don't believe are eligible for repricing.

Edited by smokeybandit

I had my grand suite drop in price a few times a few years ago , each time I called and had no problem getting the lower price, I was then able to get a owner’s suite for same price as my original grand suite.

10 hours ago, compman9 said:

This was her reply. . .

I don’t think I understand. Your agent said you can’t get an adjustment because your reservation was made more than 48 hours ago and before the final payment date?