Blu questions

Rearding Edge class ships:

1) Does Blu provide complimentary sparkling water and iced tea at meals if you do not have any drink package?

2) Do they ever provide the free Elite/Elite Plus Happy Hour drinks if dinner is during those hours?

3) Can the free in-room bottle of sparkling wine be sent down to Blu and is there a corkage fee?

4) For breakfast, do they offer waffles, hot oatmeal and made-to-order omellettes?

5) Can you get a burger there for lunch on sea days and, if so, is it similar to the Luminae burger?

6) Can you get any of the "everyday items" from the MDR menu?

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, OceanCruise said:

1) Does Blu provide complimentary sparkling water and iced tea at meals if you do not have any drink package? 
Tea, I believe so, sparkling water would be a charge I believe..ice water from a pitcher is included

2) Do they ever provide the free Elite/Elite Plus Happy Hour drinks if dinner is during those hours? I do not believe so

3) Can the free in-room bottle of sparkling wine be sent down to Blu and is there a corkage fee? No idea..

4) For breakfast, do they offer waffles, hot oatmeal and made-to-order omellettes?

I believe so

5) Can you get a burger there for lunch on sea days and, if so, is it similar to the Luminae burger? I’m not sure they are open for lunch..

6) Can you get any of the "everyday items" from the MDR menu? No idea, I order from the menu for the restaurant I’m dining in. 

I don’t know some of the answers as I always sail with a drink package..

Edited by PTC DAWG

13 minutes ago, OceanCruise said:

2) Do they ever provide the free Elite/Elite Plus Happy Hour drinks if dinner is during those hours?

3) Can the free in-room bottle of sparkling wine be sent down to Blu and is there a corkage fee?

5) Can you get a burger there for lunch on sea days and, if so, is it similar to the Luminae burger?

Some answers...

1) Sparkling water is not complimentary anywhere on board. It's in the premium package.

2) No. Happy hour drinks are not available in any dining room.

5) Blu doesn't serve lunch at all

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, OceanCruise said:

Iced tea yes. Sparkling water no

not in Blu

yes, no fee

yes

Blu does not serve lunch

Some but probably not all

Edited by cruisestitch

4 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

not in Blu

yes, no fee

yes

Blu does not serve lunch

Thanks. I had no idea they did not serve lunch any days. I assumed it was a similar schedule to Luminae which is open sea days for lunch.

You can take the bottle of sparkling wine to Blu and there is no corkage fee. 

You can get Classic items- chicken, salmon, sirloin steak, shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad, French onion soup.

If you’re willing to pay the room service fee you can get the Beyond Burger (meatless) through room service for lunch. I tried one and really liked it. Others say it’s awful. 🤷🏼‍♀️ After trying one for lunch I don’t know if I’d order one for dinner as it was somewhat messy - in a good way! The regular Celebrity hamburger you can get through room service is very good! I’m single and never cook burgers for myself, so it’s a real treat for me!

Have you been in Blu before but did not like the food?  Is that why you ask about the MDR?

If you search this forum there are many threads about what you can order in Blu.

2 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

not in Blu

yes, no fee

yes

Blu does not serve lunch

Waffles are not on the blu breakfast menu. Are you saying you can request them and they will make them? That would be wonderful. Last year in Blu I didn't think to ask since they were not on the menu. Likewise for hash browns. However I recently saw a cruise vlog with people who had hash browns they ordered there with breakfast, so it sounds like you can request simple things like that, even though it's not a menu item. 

30 minutes ago, SSFrance69 said:

Waffles are not on the blu breakfast menu. Are you saying you can request them and they will make them? That would be wonderful. Last year in Blu I didn't think to ask since they were not on the menu. Likewise for hash browns. However I recently saw a cruise vlog with people who had hash browns they ordered there with breakfast, so it sounds like you can request simple things like that, even though it's not a menu item. 

I haven’t ordered off menu but in Blu and across the ship I see that staff tries to take care of you.  But if you don’t ask, you don’t get.  

I can tell you in Luminae I ordered  dessert off menu and it showed up the next day.  It was difficult to make because it involves three kinds of ice cream, bananas and whipped cream.  And a cherry.  😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SSFrance69 said:

Don't remember if they were on the menu but I had waffles in Blu every day about 2 months ago.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SSFrance69 said:

we thought you had to go up to the buffet  for waffles..

but the French toast is amazing!

• Like 1

On 8/8/2024 at 5:54 PM, hcat said:

we thought you had to go up to the buffet  for waffles..

but the French toast is amazing!

It has been a few years since we ate in Blu. We were on Solstice Class ship. DH ask about getting a waffle. The staff in Blu went to the Oceanview Cafe to get the waffles.

Posted (edited)
On 8/8/2024 at 10:10 PM, OceanCruise said:

1 no sparkling, Ice Tea yes

2 no, no restaurant does

3 no… but tbh never tried 

4 yes

5 not open for lunch, love the Beyond Burger for dinner

6 yes

Edited by Miaminice

1 hour ago, bigbenboys said:

It has been a few years since we ate in Blu. We were on Solstice Class ship. DH ask about getting a waffle. The staff in Blu went to the Oceanview Cafe to get the waffles.

That was really kind of them. I'd feel guilty asking them to do that. Was it still warm by the time it got to you? I'll probably just stick to the pancakes, unless they have waffles in the kitchen now. The one thing I thought was odd in Blu last year was the eggs Benedict. It tasted like the hollandaise was made with vinegar instead of lemon juice. I wasn't a fan and remember the Benedict being really good in the main dining venue, so not sure if they use a different recipe in blu or if it was just the chef there doing it different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SSFrance69 said:

That was really kind of them. I'd feel guilty asking them to do that. Was it still warm by the time it got to you? I'll probably just stick to the pancakes, unless they have waffles in the kitchen now. The one thing I thought was odd in Blu last year was the eggs Benedict. It tasted like the hollandaise was made with vinegar instead of lemon juice. I wasn't a fan and remember the Benedict being really good in the main dining venue, so not sure if they use a different recipe in blu or if it was just the chef there doing it different.

There is nothing wrong with asking.  There is something wrong with expecting.

• Like 2

It depends on the staff and the maitre'd, some are not willing at all to go any extra mile others will try to make things happen especially if it's less complicated things like getting items from MDR.

43 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

It depends on the staff and the maitre'd, some are not willing at all to go any extra mile others will try to make things happen especially if it's less complicated things like getting items from MDR.

I’ve seen it happen where a pax asks for something special.  Once a scavenger hunt all over the ship.  Then the guy barely ate what they served and threw a $100 on the table.  It was more demeaning than appreciative.

Another time I saw a pax ask for something.  The staff brought out three choices and the pax asked for something else.  You could see how hard the staff tried to please them.

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

I’ve seen it happen where a pax asks for something special.  Once a scavenger hunt all over the ship.  Then the guy barely ate what they served and threw a $100 on the table.  It was more demeaning than appreciative.

$100 is a lot of money for a staff member.  Why was it demeaning?  One would think most staff would be delighted but I wasn’t there.

On E class ships where the Eden bar is in close proximity to Blu it is easy to carry drinks from the Elite happy hour to Blu during dinner if you don’t have a drink package. 

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

There is nothing wrong with asking.  There is something wrong with expecting.

That is true. Also just to make sure that the OP didn't misunderstand my comment... in no way was I suggesting anyone should feel guilty. Just now knowing they had to go to the buffet, I don't know if I'd ask personally. It would be tempting though... I do love waffles. 😁

45 minutes ago, Oville said:

$100 is a lot of money for a staff member.  Why was it demeaning?  One would think most staff would be delighted but I wasn’t there.

After everything they did he didn’t have the courtesy to hand it to someone and say thank you.  He threw it on the table like you would throw a piece of trash you expected them to clean up.  At least he didn’t hold it above their head and make them jump for it.  He was pretty drunk so I’m surprised he didn’t.

Just now, SSFrance69 said:

That is true. Also just to make sure that the OP didn't misunderstand my comment... in no way was I suggesting anyone should feel guilty. Just now knowing they had to go to the buffet, I don't know if I'd ask personally. It would be tempting though... I do love waffles. 😁

Pancakes are better than waffles.  🙂