Things that Celebrity does not tell you…

IDL

There may be a list of things standard things Celebrity does not tell you but since it is not pinned who knows.  I’ll start here:

*On E class ships you can order any item from any of the for dinning rooms regardless of which dining you are in. 
* On E class ships you can do anytime dining or just go to the host stand on the first day at any of the 4 dining rooms and request a specific time and table to ensure the same wait staff.

*Can carry a drink from the Elite class happy hour to any dining room to drink with your dinner.

* Can have your cabin attendant clear out your mini bar fridge to make room for your own drinks. 
* The locker room facilities in the spa are open to all passengers; not just people using the spa services.

*The snack foods at Cafe Al Bacio are included, though there is no signage stating that nor does it state that on the Celebrity app.

*Can get Elite happy hour drinks at Cafe Al Bacio which is handy to take bottled water and soda back to the cabin but can get wine as well.

*I shower with bar soap so always ask for extra bars of soap.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

On E class ships they do not have forward looking views unless you are in a suite.

I guess the 9 forward facing deluxe ocean view (DO) staterooms on each of decks 8 & 9 on Edge don't have windows?

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On M and S class ships the elevators ding once if going up and twice if going down

in the restroom there are separate bins for the cloth towels, and all other trash, so don’t put the cloth towels in the wrong bin.  

• Like 16
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I guess the 9 forward facing deluxe ocean view (DO) staterooms on each of decks 8 & 9 on Edge don't have windows?

Also, when on deck, you can’t look forward over the railing at any time…things our New Mexico buddy also doesn’t tell us…

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, NMTraveller said:

On E class ships every cabin has a real balcony 🙂

On E class they have the best forward-looking views for non-suite guests 🙂 

Better?🤣🤣🤣

That’s not true either, so you’re still batting a 1000.. 😆

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

On E class ships every cabin has a real balcony 🙂

On E class they have the best forward-looking views for non-suite guests 🙂 

Better?🤣🤣🤣

My Mom used to say if you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

You need a new bar of soap every day? 

They leave only soap for the sink and none for the shower; never stated I need or request a new bar of soap daily. 

Edited by IDL
  • Like 5

@IDL  This is an interesting topic especially for newer Celebrity cruisers.

Some will take an opportunity to be negative.  But many will offer good tips and advice as you have done.  Thank you.

• Like 17

51 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

On M and S class ships the elevators ding once if going up and twice if going down

Those are the standard sounds for all elevators, everywhere (land or sea). One ding for up, two dings to indicate going down. 

• Like 1

There are crossword and suduku puzzles free every day at Guest Services. Any unused refundable OBC ( as in from your TA) may be cashed out at GS on the last day of your cruise. You can get any regular type cocktail at most bars regardless of that bar's special drinks menu. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Those are the standard sounds for all elevators, everywhere (land or sea). One ding for up, two dings to indicate going down. 

This. ^^^

Tho, judging by how often one hears "going up?", "going down?" on ships, not a lot of people know this, so its a good reminder. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, IDL said:

Can get Elite happy hour drinks at Cafe Al Bacio which is handy to take bottled water and soda back to the cabin but can get wine as well.

Do you know where can you get fresh orange juice to take back to cabin .... not the beverage type out of the machine.  I assume this would be at cost?

22 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Do you know where can you get fresh orange juice to take back to cabin .... not the beverage type out of the machine.  I assume this would be at cost?

The restaurants (Main, Luminae, Blu) will have it available, generally provided by the beverage staff. Blu actually brings fresh squeezed juices (no extra cost) around on a tray, as part of the Blu benefit and healthy dining. You can also get fresh juice in Oceanview, through the bar service/servers there. If you have the Premium drink package the fresh juices are included.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The Spa Cafe is open for light breakfast and lunch and anyone can dine there. You do need the Premium Beverage package to get their juices and smoothies. Even though their price falls below the Classic package price limit they are not included. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EatonDoolittle said:

This. ^^^

Tho, judging by how often one hears "going up?", "going down?" on ships, not a lot of people know this, so its a good reminder. 

They must also miss the lighted arrow on the frame of the elevator showing its direction, as well as the light on the call button going out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thebutlerdidit said:

The Spa Cafe is open for light breakfast and lunch and anyone can dine there. You do need the Premium Beverage package to get their juices and smoothies. Even though their price falls below the Classic package price limit they are not included. 

This was a game-changer for me on the Millenium - I would grab what I wanted from the buffet and then head to the Spa Cafe for breakfast.  I'd get my coffee with no lines and then help myself to the pastries, yogurt etc. - and of course it was easy to find a table. So relaxing! 

3 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

You need a new bar of soap every day? 

I like having a separate bar for the shower and sink, and if I can score an extra to take home all the better... Celebrity has really good bars of soap! haha. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

If that were actually true then Cruise Critic would cease to exist.

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, 39august said:

You can get any regular type cocktail at most bars regardless of that bar's special drinks menu. 

This is so true! My wife loves martinis and I don't. I discovered that the Martini Bar bartenders on the Solstice made the second best old fashions on the ship (best were at the World Class Bar, but who wants to walk up a whole flight of stairs when handing out at the bar! 😉 ). You just have to ask and they were happy to do it so long as they have the right materials.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

3 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

If that were actually true then Cruise Critic would cease to exist.

And my supervisor used to say "If you can't say anything nice, come sit next to me"

• Like 1
  • Haha 6