The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday August 21st, 2024

richwmn

1 minute ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I'm on the same cruise as @richwmn and @lindaler 53 day Majestic Japan.

That's fantastic!  I know you and Allen, Rich and Linda will enjoy this special cruise.  But we'll miss you so stay in touch.  The Wi-Fi works very well from what I've experienced.

• Like 10

Cat is not interested in the "catwater." Even though the labels (we got 4 jugs 🫣) say not for human consumption, DH says he's grabbing them if there's a zombie apocalypse 🤔 🙄

We'll keep the bowl filled w/the catwater hoping the cat changes his mind.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Katherine @Lady Hudson.

I hope you have a safe journey to Baltimore Maryland to join Vision of the seas in her home port tomorrow.

Best wishes for a wonderful cruise on a nice ship.

IMG_20240821_120949.jpg

Thank you, Graham.  DD has arrived to stay with her Dad and DS and I are all packed!  Looking forward to going north this time instead of the Bahamas.  Katherine 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

She says she's been keeping the pain pretty much under control and slept late this morning.  Her DH has been keeping her fed.  She got a hair dryer stand so she can blow dry her hair with one hand wielding the brush.  Apparently he hasn't figured out how to do hair!  lol

When I broke my hand I had to have Craig hold the hair dryer for me!  I didn’t know that there were dryer stands. 

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

@dfish and @Sharon in AZ safe travels!  What a lovely mug! 

Thank you Brenda!

2 hours ago, kazu said:

@Fish & @Sharon in AZ it sure sounds like you two are ready to go.  🙂. Safet travels tomorrow.

Thank you Jacqui!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Cat is not interested in the "catwater." Even though the labels (we got 4 jugs 🫣) say not for human consumption, DH says he's grabbing them if there's a zombie apocalypse 🤔 🙄

Catwater is filtered to remove minerals, so it's less likely to cause blockages, but is probably tasteless as a result. It's also treated with ozone instead of chlorine, and I think that a cat that had become accustomed to chlorinated tap water might think that it smells or tastes wrong. In the opposite direction, I remember from the Dr. Pol shows that farm animals, accustomed to well water, sometimes had trouble during the county fair when they were being offered municipal water. IOW, it may be more healthful for the cat, but it may take a while for the cat to take a chance on it.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

@Vict0riann I sorry you are dealing with so much!  Hope Pat and your DD recover quickly.   I’m sorry about the timing of your cruise,   It as others have said the BHB will still be there and you will enjoy it without worry,  when you are feeling better and have looked after your health. 

@dfish and @Sharon in AZ safe travels!  What a lovely mug! 

@Seasick Sailor glad Bonnie is doing well,  like Debbie says home is always more comfortable.  Hopefully the pain will subside quickly.  

@StLouisCruisers I think there should be a hairdressing course for DH.  Glad your sister is on the mend.  

@rafinmdhope your mouth settles soon and you feel right as rain! 

@luvteaching sorry to hear your dear friend has Covid.  Glad she was able to get the paxlovid. 

@Quartzsite Cruiseryou always seem to know exactly the right thing to say.  They did tell me to do the salt water starting tomorrow.   I forgot to ask how long the wait is after the implant.   I have to wait six months until they can do that part.  

Quite a wild ride for a lot this week, so glad we have some heading out cruising! 

Tnank you, Brenda .  I wish I always know the right answer.  With this dentist it is 3 months for the impressions and about foru weeks for the final visit with the post and crown installation.  With my first implant it was four months wait.

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

When I broke my hand I had to have Craig hold the hair dryer for me!  I didn’t know that there were dryer stands. 

Yep, here's the photo she sent me.  I needed that once when I had tendonitis and it required surgery and a splint and sling.

image.thumb.jpeg.81e2f348efe0a8d2734a8bba6237dd11.jpeg

I hope you, Debbie, Sue, Jake and Juan have a fantastic cruise!  Safe travels to all of you.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Cats are so finicky when they don’t like something!  I really hope your kitty gets better. I tried to transition Blue to wet food once when he had 9 teeth pulled and he hated it so I started just adding water to his dry food and heating it up about 10 seconds in the microwave then let it sit for a few minutes. It worked. I still do it because he has so few teeth and he gets a little bit of extra water each meal. Maybe you could try that with the “catwater”. 

10 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Yep, here's the photo she sent me.  I needed that once when I had tendonitis and it required surgery and a splint and sling.

image.thumb.jpeg.81e2f348efe0a8d2734a8bba6237dd11.jpeg

I hope you, Debbie, Sue, Jake and Juan have a fantastic cruise!  Safe travels to all of you.

Wow that stand looks perfect for one handed hair drying. And thank you for the well wishes for tomorrow. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

@dfish

@Sharon in AZ

@Crazy For Cats

safe travels and have a wonderful cruise on this beautiful ship!

Great crew! 
don’t miss “Breton Thunder” . It is a brand new show and they will be on until October. The shows they did were packed and received several standing ovations. Great lively show and everyone thought they were great! 

• Like 17

Thank you to everyone for wishing us safe travels tomorrow.  I will be sure to do my part on that!  

@cunnorl I saw Breton Thunder on the program and already made a note that we want to see that show.  Thanks!

The bags are packed and by the front door.  We are ready!

• Like 26

16 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good morning from Portland ME. (I’ll read the Daily later.)

We’re docked already. Doubt we’ll have time after our excursion to check out the old train near the dock. 

Heres a shot just after sunrise.

IMG_4841.jpeg

IMG_4836.jpeg

Please keep the pictures coming.  We will be getting on on the 31st.  How is the ship?

• Like 10

Thanks for the HAL Fleet locations and daily news.

Supermarket this morning then out for lunch.

Temperature forecasted to be 15 C today, pleasant after the snow flurries on Monday afternoon while driving down to appointment with Optometrist.  

@dfish , @crazyforcats  and @Sharon in AZ  wishing you all Bon Voyage.

@Vict0riann hope Pat quickly recovers and you and DD keep well.  Am pleased that you have your necessary appointment.

@kazu  sorry that you have to wait 3 weeks for the treatment plan.  Shame on the person who did not properly close the gate, thank goodness Ivan did not wander off, but stayed at home.

Best wishes to all on the care list.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Safe travels tomorrow and wishing you an amazing cruise @dfish @Sharon in AZ @Crazy For Cats

Thanks for the details about catwater @kochleffel and the suggestion about mixing it w/dry food @Sharon in AZ 🐈 welcomes you to his care team.

Thank you Elizabeth!

52 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for the HAL Fleet locations and daily news.

Supermarket this morning then out for lunch.

Temperature forecasted to be 15 C today, pleasant after the snow flurries on Monday afternoon while driving down to appointment with Optometrist.  

@dfish , @crazyforcats  and @Sharon in AZ  wishing you all Bon Voyage.

@Vict0riann hope Pat quickly recovers and you and DD keep well.  Am pleased that you have your necessary appointment.

@kazu  sorry that you have to wait 3 weeks for the treatment plan.  Shame on the person who did not properly close the gate, thank goodness Ivan did not wander off, but stayed at home.

Best wishes to all on the care list.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, luvteaching said:

Bon Voyage to @dfish @Sharon in AZ and @Crazy For Cats. May you have a lovely cruise. 

@VictOriann I hope Pat is feeling a bit better this evening and you are able to get some rest as well. Pneumonia is nothing to fool with. 

Karen

Thank you!

• Like 12