Annoyed with boombox passengers

This would be incredibly annoying, and I would immediately complain to security. We were once on a cruise out of San Juan, however, where there was a group that had drums and other percussion instruments, and they would go through the ship making noise throughout the cruise, and security wouldn't do a thing about it. So rude.

2 hours ago, CntPAcruiser said:

This would be incredibly annoying, and I would immediately complain to security. We were once on a cruise out of San Juan, however, where there was a group that had drums and other percussion instruments, and they would go through the ship making noise throughout the cruise, and security wouldn't do a thing about it. So rude.

My family experienced this same thing a few years ago and it became a big problem. There was an all out confrontation between many guests and the group playing the percussion instruments all in the middle of cafe promenade.  Security and guest services had to intervene - it got nasty. The group with the music thought they had the right to do whatever they wanted and that everyone else should leave the area of they don't like it. Security isn't willing to be tough enough with the groups doing this. There are no repercussions so they stop for the moment, wait until security leaves, and then do it again. Same thing with my original boombox example. Security comes over, bad actors stop, security leaves, bad behavior continues.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, edspec said:

@chiguypaul I’d be skipping right down to Guest Services and throwing pool guy under the bus for not enforcing rules. The boom box nonsense has to stop…it’s not 1975, there are options. 

Agree...except for 1975...that was a great year for me. :classic_smile:

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2024 at 9:53 PM, Tlbecker1 said:

Consider yourself lucky.  We had a family with a boombox in the Windjammer during breakfast.  People just don’t get it and they think everyone enjoys their music.

A boombox in windjammer or pool area (both of which I disagree with) is just another thing Royal is now tolerating that they didn’t in the past.  However, I put it in the same class as people who dress casually in the MDR. 

Unfortunately, unless it hurts Royals bottom line, it’s not likely to change.  Maybe Royal’s next ship could be Carnival of the Seas?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

43 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

A boombox in windjammer or pool area (both of which I disagree with) is just another thing Royal is now tolerating that they didn’t in the past.  However, I put it in the same class as people who dress casually in the MDR. 

Unfortunately, unless it hurts Royals bottom line, it’s not likely to change.  Maybe Royal’s next ship could be Carnival of the Seas?

I would compare people with their boom boxes more akin to people who think they can smoke wherever they please than I would to casual dressers at least from an annoyance standpoint. 

I love listening to my music. I not so sure anyone else wants to hear it. That is why I rarely go anywhere without my ear buds coming along.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I would compare people with their boom boxes more akin to people who think they can smoke wherever they please than I would to casual dressers at least from an annoyance standpoint. 

Noise pollution (boom box in wrong areas), air pollution (smoking in wrong areas), and visual pollution (improper dress in MDR) are all equally annoying to me. 

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

Why would someone that dress causally upset you like someone playing annoying music ???  Has no physical effects on you what someone else wears.    Doesn’t ruin the taste of your food.   
sounds more like a personal problem that you have.  
maybe Royal isn’t the cruise line for you.   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

Noise pollution (boom box in wrong areas), air pollution (smoking in wrong areas), and visual pollution (improper dress in MDR) are all equally annoying to me. 

The visual pollution is a you thing.  You have the problem.  lol 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

The visual pollution is a you thing.  You have the problem.  lol 

Touchy touchy, guess as long as it is something you like to do, you’re okay with it.

Edited by Airbear232
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

You can't plug your ears to totally block out sound so you can't ignore it. You can't breathe different air than what is in the venue so you can't ignore it. You CAN, however, not look at the casual dressers and you can ignore it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

You can't plug your ears to totally block out sound so you can't ignore it. You can't breathe different air than what is in the venue so you can't ignore it. You CAN, however, not look at the casual dressers and you can ignore it.

You can’t if you’re judgmental and entitled.  lol.    Oh and the food doesn’t taste good if someone’s wearing shorts. lol 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

So, you can’t not hear, you can’t not smell, but you can not see? 

I tolerate all three, and accept that it is reality.  I’ll go to another venue to eat if the noise bothers me.  I’ll walk by smokers, if I don’t want to smell cigarette or cigar smoke.  I largely ignore the dress of man childs in the MDR who think tee-shirts are proper dress in a dining room.  I don’t make anyone feel bad about their choices.  However, all are against Royal’s policies.

I personally wish they’d enforce all three.  You on the other hand are against two but the third you’re alright with.  Now aren’t you the entitled ones?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

I tolerate all three, and accept that it is reality.  I’ll go to another venue to eat if the noise bothers me.  I’ll walk by smokers, if I don’t want to smell cigarette or cigar smoke.  I largely ignore the dress of man childs in the MDR who think tee-shirts are proper dress in a dining room.  I don’t make anyone feel bad about their choices.  However, all are against Royal’s policies.

I personally wish they’d enforce all three.  You on the other hand are against two but the third you’re alright with.  Now aren’t you the entitled ones?

You're right.  If people aren't dress in Black tie & tails, they're under dressed and shouldn't be allowed in the MDR!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

Absolutely! Glad to see you finally get that…

5 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

I tolerate all three, and accept that it is reality.  I’ll go to another venue to eat if the noise bothers me.  

Why not go elsewhere to eat if people are “improperly dressed” in the MDR?

I’ll walk by smokers, if I don’t want to smell cigarette or cigar smoke.  I largely ignore the dress of man childs in the MDR who think tee-shirts are proper dress in a dining room.  I don’t make anyone feel bad about their choices.  However, all are against Royal’s policies.

Glad to hear you never go against a policy. Have you ever exceeded the speed limit?

6 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Actually, my noise-cancelling setting on my ear-buds, combined with mid-high level audio from my phone, blocks out enough that I can concentrate on my music.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

You're right.  If people aren't dress in Black tie & tails, they're under dressed and shouldn't be allowed in the MDR!

What are you 90.   RC isn’t the titanic.  
   Go cruise on the high class cruise lines.      

this is the sign outside my cabin on odyssey.   Lololol     🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

I never bring pants on any cruise.  I’m on vacation. Not going to the Royal ball.     

IMG_7784.jpeg

Edited by Cruise5life
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cruise5life said:

this is the sign outside my cabin on odyssey.       🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

I never bring pants on any cruise.  I’m on vacation. Not going to the Royal ball.     

IMG_7784.jpeg

You might want to call either your doctor or your mechanic because your sarcasm detector needs some work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Cruise5life said:

IMG_7784.jpeg

And I think S.A.M.J.R. was being facetious.

2 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

IMG_7784.jpeg

I believe the black tie and tails comment was sarcasm. 

Love the sign!! 

The only pants I bring on a cruise nowadays are the ones I wear to the airport if flying out in winter. They stay in the closet the entire cruise.