Elite breakfast / happy hour questions

pepele

DH and I enjoyed our first Elite breakfast in Tuscan Grille on Reflection last year.  It was a nice change of pace from the hectic buffet and the chaotic MDR breakfast experiences.  On this next Thanksgiving week cruise, I hope they will go to the buffet style for this breakfast, instead of ordering multiple plates with stuff we do and don't like. 

16 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

DH and I enjoyed our first Elite breakfast in Tuscan Grille on Reflection last year.  It was a nice change of pace from the hectic buffet and the chaotic MDR breakfast experiences.  On this next Thanksgiving week cruise, I hope they will go to the buffet style for this breakfast, instead of ordering multiple plates with stuff we do and don't like. 

It will all depend on how many other Elites, Elite Plus and Zeniths are your cruise

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It will all depend on how many other Elites, Elite Plus and Zeniths are your cruise

I'm on a B2B on Ascent next May, 27 days in total  and I imagine there will be many Elite and E plus onboard.  Being an early riser I try to get to the breakfast as close to 8 as possible. By 9 am it can get crowded.  

21 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I'm on a B2B on Ascent next May, 27 days in total  and I imagine there will be many Elite and E plus onboard.  Being an early riser I try to get to the breakfast as close to 8 as possible. By 9 am it can get crowded.  

8 am is time for second breakfast 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

8 am is time for second breakfast 🤣

We start early as well … hit Elite asa they open … slide into Blu/Mdr. Need to get an omelette or Eggs Benedict … something I don’t do at home (vacation.. right?)

14 minutes ago, SteveCascio said:

We start early as well … hit Elite asa they open … slide into Blu/Mdr. Need to get an omelette or Eggs Benedict … something I don’t do at home (vacation.. right?)

I do the same although don't want eggs Benedict every day I like to switch up with a French omelet with mushrooms once or twice in the cruise sometimes I just opt for toast and cereal. Try to eat as healthy as possible to avoid weight gain. So far been successful. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2024 at 7:26 PM, drakes2 said:

What makes it special is you can start your day with a mimosa or bellini, service is quick and efficient and not crowded. If you choose to and still hungry the MDR is open til 9 am. 

Are the breakfast cocktails complimentary? TIA

5 hours ago, hcat said:

Toasted bagel takes the hockey puck feeling away.. I can only have 1/2 anyhow..carb count..  Toasted with a  cream cheese shmear,  lox, onion, tomato,  capers..that's a NY Bagel.

I think I'll try one of those not a huge fan of lox but willing to try anything within reason once.  I usually just go with cream cheese if I can't get peanut butter, preferably crunchy. 

19 hours ago, drakes2 said:

I've taken Mimosas out of Elite breakfast they've never stopped me. 

I was not allowed the fruit or the coffee , Did not try the mimosa . Perhaps it depends on who is at the door

1 hour ago, gold1953 said:

I was not allowed the fruit or the coffee , Did not try the mimosa . Perhaps it depends on who is at the door

Anytime I've been there they seem more interested on who's coming in than leaving. 

On 8/26/2024 at 9:10 AM, DaKahuna said:

I should do the same but have not quite developed the discipline that I need.  Cruises are my weakness. The food is so good, there is a lot of it, and they feed you so often.  

@DaKahunabe careful the calories and sugar creep up quickly and more so as we age and become less active. I was one of the lucky ones as caught it in time. I know this thread is not about dieting but it doesn't hurt to warn people. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Had to laugh.  My kids came to the Elite breakfast exactly once.  They said it was both boring and too early.  The buffets was more their style.

Thats my take too and I’m 61. 🙂

2 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Thats my take too and I’m 61. 🙂

I'm 63 and on the same page as you. I want to know how these people are eating salami and mortadella first thing in the morning?

5 hours ago, gold1953 said:

DH tried to take a glass of plain OJ so he could take it to the cabin to take his pills.  The Captains Club Host stopped him and then made a very loud announcement to everyone  “under no circumstances is any food or beverage to be removed from the venue”. 
He then pointed out a tray and told my DH to place his juice there. 

On 8/26/2024 at 10:26 AM, Edsny said:

Who wants to be an old man?

I am already and old man and find that I quite enjoy it and would like to enjoy it longer.  I just need to exercise some restraint and self control, neither of which I have mastered yet. 

7 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I'm 63 and on the same page as you. I want to know how these people are eating salami and mortadella first thing in the morning?

You lay it on a piece of bread of your choosing, bite into it, chew, and swallow.  Pretty much like you eat any solid food. 

Just now, Edsny said:

I will be 65 in January. 

I'll be 75 a month after you turn 65. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I have a number of years on both of you. Don't even eat processed meat anymore. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2024 at 7:26 PM, drakes2 said:

What makes it special is you can start your day with a mimosa or bellini, service is quick and efficient and not crowded. If you choose to and still hungry the MDR is open til 9 am. 

Just wondering...

Could you order a proper Canadian breakfast drink - Bloody Caesar?

..or are you limited to the four cocktails listed on the menu board?

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

DH tried to take a glass of plain OJ so he could take it to the cabin to take his pills.  The Captains Club Host stopped him and then made a very loud announcement to everyone  “under no circumstances is any food or beverage to be removed from the venue”. 
He then pointed out a tray and told my DH to place his juice there. 

VERY TACKY!