Flip flops in mdr

Did a google search on wearing flip flops in the mdr and answers were old and all over the board.

If I have nice capris and shirt...or a dress, will there be an issue wearing flip flops to the mdr for dinner?

They are not plastic dollarstore ones, but decent black or tourquoise ones.

Still just flip flops though...they do not have a back nor a heel...nor are the sparkly.

I am hoping that is acceptable as I do not really wear other shoes except runners. 

Do you think I will have any issues? 

Paint your toes with sparkly polish and you'll be good to go! Just kidding a bit here. 😉

Personally I'd have no issue regardless of how your toes are painted. They count as shoes so go for it.

Just try and keep the flip-flop noise to a minimum and nobody will even notice! Yes, kidding again.

• Like 1

I think we need to define 'flip flops'...

Can you post a link to a photo of similar shoes, from online?

For me, if these are actual flip-flops that would be worn at the pool or beach, I wouldn't go for that.   I know that shoes, especially for some 'mature' women can be an issue.  It should not be too hard to find a comfy pair of slippers or sandals.

This is going to start another snobs-vs-slobs thread.

I am getting my popcorn!!!!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I just got off the 17 night Greenland cruise on the Emerald.  I wore flip flops every night (and day) everywhere on the ship.  They were solid black and I paid $5.99 for them.  My toes were painted bright purple.  I did wear long pants (black) in the MDR and Specialty Dining Rooms.  No one commented on my shoe choice nor seemed to notice.  I did receive complements from strangers on my tops and pants so some people did notice me.  I did take dressy shoes with me.  They were my mother-of-the-bride shoes.  But, I was pushing my husband in a wheelchair and I found I had better traction with the flip flops than with the dressy shoes.  So, for safety issues, I stuck with the flip flops.  Be comfortable and wear your flip flops.

• Like 7

Since you mention doing a search, there is nothing I can see on the Princess website about women's shows, except that shoes must be worn. Who hasn't heard a broken glass or plate in the MDR. With that in mind, encourage footwear with a protective solid sole. They can't vaccuum it all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Flip flops are all I've worn on my feet the last 40 or so Princess cruises. I never wear shoes unless going to a cold climate and then it's sneakers. BTW, last time I DID wear shoes (a pair of short heels) I fell - very embarrassing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, travelloverontario said:

Thanks !

The rest of me will be fairly 'dressy or smart', and I will paint my nails.. so I think flip flops it is.

As long as your wife is cool with this, that's all that matters. 😂😉

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Boku said:

Women wearing flip flops is fine, men wearing flip flops is gross IMO 🤮 😉

Well, then I guess I better wear socks with them.   🙂

• Haha 1