Requesting Pre Boading Cabin Amenties

pete_coach

We are on a crusie in January.

It has been some time since we last took a Celebrity cruise. How and where can we ask for our cabin to have special items?

Like a coffee machine in the cabin? Like foam pillows? Refrigerator emptied?

TIA

Where is your sailing? Kettles may not be available unless you are sailing out of Southampton.  And a January cruise is unlikely to have any kettles for you.

Ask your room steward for foam pillows. He or she will also be the one to empty your refrigerator.

The mini fridge emptied and pillows can be handled by your cabin attendant, just let them know once on the ship.  
You didn’t mention where your sailing originates, but since it is January it wouldn’t be from Southampton where they do provide kettles.  

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

Where is your sailing? Kettles may not be available unless you are sailing out of Southampton.  And a January cruise is unlikely to have any kettles for you.

Ask your room steward for foam pillows. He or she will also be the one to empty your refrigerator.

Coffee maker, not a kettle.

46 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The mini fridge emptied and pillows can be handled by your cabin attendant, just let them know once on the ship.  
You didn’t mention where your sailing originates, but since it is January it wouldn’t be from Southampton where they do provide kettles.  

Yes, I know you can ask your cabin attendant .

I was wanting to know where you can ask prior to embarkation or at check in so it is there when we get to the cabin.,

Sorry ,I forgot to mention that.

Departure port is immaterial.

Edited by pete_coach

Even if in a suite and have communicated standard requests through the shoreside concierge you probably have a less than 50% chance it will happen.  At least that's my experience.  For pillow choice, extra hangers etc I just handle onboard now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pete_coach said:

We are on a crusie in January.

It has been some time since we last took a Celebrity cruise. How and where can we ask for our cabin to have special items?

Like a coffee machine in the cabin? Like foam pillows? Refrigerator emptied?

TIA

I don't think you'll find much change in cabin service on Celebrity.  Over many years/cruises the one that stands out is the cabin attendant doesn't have an assistant now so he/she is very busy.  We've never asked in advance for any requirements, suite or non suite.  A suite guest would USUALLY receive a call from the land concierge for their preferred items;  if in a suite or not, the butler or the cabin attendant will introduce him/herself almost as soon as you enter the cabin and  is very quick clearing the mini fridge and obliging with any special allowable requests.  I've never heard of a coffee machine in the cabin, nor can you bring your own.  Kettle from Southampton is ok, but not in the Caribbean.  Enjoy your return to Celebrity!

• Like 1

Celebrity doesn’t supply coffee makers unless you’re in an upper suite. And unless you’re in a suite, there’s no way to contact Celebrity before hand for your other requests.  Super easy to do once on board.  

• Like 1

Even if you did make the requests in advance, the odds of the steward getting the request is 50/50. Plus, I don't believe Celebrity stocks the minibar unless it is requested. I also believe the pillow thing is only for concierge cabins, minus an allergy of course. And as said, you can't request a coffee machine. It won't be provided.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

It's SOP in Royal suites and above.  Lavazza brand at the moment.  Functionally the same as this model:

Lavazza.jpg.60f36bd78d813941f4a1d8c1ec262594.jpg

Oops...never been in a royal suite so I'm sure the OP appreciates those who have, letting him know.  All is in the details, and going blind not knowing the cabin class makes a difference in trying to help.

3 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Oops...never been in a royal suite so I'm sure the OP appreciates those who have, letting him know.  All is in the details, and going blind not knowing the cabin class makes a difference in trying to help.

True enough - the OP still hasn't provided the cabin class, so thus far, there's really been no way to answer his question definitively - only with answers of the "if this, then that" variety.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, canderson said:

True enough - the OP still hasn't provided the cabin class, so thus far, there's really been no way to answer his question definitively - only with answers of the "if this, then that" variety.

I think there has been enough info and conjecture before you post to extrapolate an answer.

But, because it seems important to you,we are in a C1 Concierge cabin

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

Even if you did make the requests in advance, the odds of the steward getting the request is 50/50. Plus, I don't believe Celebrity stocks the minibar unless it is requested. I also believe the pillow thing is only for concierge cabins, minus an allergy of course. And as said, you can't request a coffee machine. It won't be provided.

Got off Apex a week ago and my minibar was stocked on arrival. Concierge class in case that makes a difference.  Was v easy to ask stateroom attendant to empty it for me though and to ask for the pillows I wanted.  Both requests were made when I boarded and fulfilled before we sailed away. 

Edited by Sarah_e_p
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, pete_coach said:

I think there has been enough info and conjecture before you post to extrapolate an answer.

But, because it seems important to you,we are in a C1 Concierge cabin

so no coffee maker!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hcat said:

so no coffee maker!

Seems so. We were on NCL and Oceania and they had coffee makers in the cabin. It was great. Sad Celebrity has not stepped up.

20 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I've used the term mathematically....however, now that the original answer has been  extrapolated ....lol....you have your answer(s).  😉

Yes,, had it quite a way back but folks like to repeat 🙂

In over 30 cruises, have never been denied a kettle on any ship and any time of year.  I realize the OP asked about a coffee maker, but we just take a box of Starbucks Via or our own tea bags.  The MiniMoo half and half comes in the little cups that don’t need to be refrigerated and comes in a small box from most markets. Room steward can easily bring a supply of sweeteners or creamers, but I usually grab some at the buffet to keep. Sometimes cups, napkins, etc come on a tray with the kettle… sometimes not.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pete_coach said:

Seems so. We were on NCL and Oceania and they had coffee makers in the cabin. It was great. Sad Celebrity has not stepped up.

Stepped up? 😂 

For me, a coffeemaker in my cabin isn’t a ‘step up’. It’s something else to clutter the counter space. If I want a ‘step up’ I will take a better quality gratis wine in my cabin. 🤣 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pete_coach said:

Yes,, had it quite a way back but folks like to repeat 🙂

I don’t drink coffee , so it is ok as a shareholder not to waste money by putting a coffee marker in every cabins where they will be broken in a couple of months  😉😁

• Like 1