Dr. Odyssey

cmjars

I guess I’m in the minority. It was cheesy, unrealistic, and mindless entertainment. I will watch again because I like Joshua Jackson (he will always be Pacey from Dawson’s Creek), and as a Hamilton fan, I love Phillipa Soo, who plays NP Avery, and was the original Eliza Schuyler Hamilton on Broadway.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Do you remember when you cruised? We did the one that was in Bermuda on the 4th of July and they had American Flags on the pier when we got off the ship. It was so cool!

It was mid September right before a hurricane, and we were rocking and rolling on the way back.  What a first cruise! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mrs f. said:

This is filmed on what ship?

As another poster mentioned it is filmed at an LA set.  I doubt there is any real ship involved and what they are showing may well be AI. It does seem to be patterned after some of the higher end smaller luxury ships, such as those sailed by Seabourn, Oceans, and others. JMO.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I like Good Ship  Murder, theBritish series  that was recently filmed on a MSC ship.  I watched all episodes before my recent Utopia cruise.  The plots are not that difficult to figure  out but the scenery is amazing.And I enjoyed the end of each episode song.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leaveitallbehind said:

It does seem to be patterned after some of the higher end smaller luxury ships, such as those sailed by Seabourn, Oceans, and others. JMO.

This does seem to be a very upscale ship.  The finishes are very classy.  The doctor's cabin looks better than any royal suite cabin I have seen. [admittedly have not seen one on the newest ships.] Wonder what the captain's cabin looks like? Ha Ha Ha . . . and don't get me started on the food on the buffet and the formal dinner. 

I have visited medical with DH a few times over the years.  The ones I have seen are very utilitarian.  Think industrial metal walls painted white. [no fancy glass and wooden surfaces] There was an ante room for intake/information, a couple/few small exam rooms and a larger room for more complex situations. I doubt even on one of the mentioned upscale cruise lines medical looks like it does on this program. 

1 hour ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

This does seem to be a very upscale ship.  The finishes are very classy.  The doctor's cabin looks better than any royal suite cabin I have seen. [admittedly have not seen one on the newest ships.] Wonder what the captain's cabin looks like? Ha Ha Ha . . . and don't get me started on the food on the buffet and the formal dinner. 

Fictional Hollywood made for tv crap.....LOL

Watching the pool’s lack of real cruise ship motion- smh

And if ANY cruise ship doctor was actually kept that busy doing those bs things, they would quit in a NY minute.  But fun show to watch if you like sex and drama!

15 hours ago, ecslady said:

It was mid September right before a hurricane, and we were rocking and rolling on the way back.  What a first cruise! 

Funny, on our cruise there was also some storm coming near Bermuda and we had to leave a bit early and I remember the ship was rocking so much that night I fell out of bed twice!! And our beds (single beds each)  were FOLDED DOWN from the wall, they weren’t able to be connected. I had to wedge my leg in to the wall side to keep from falling out after the second time!

The cabin didn’t look anything like what they had on the TV show. 😆. But still my favorite cruise ever!!

59 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Funny, on our cruise there was also some storm coming near Bermuda and we had to leave a bit early and I remember the ship was rocking so much that night I fell out of bed twice!! And our beds (single beds each)  were FOLDED DOWN from the wall, they weren’t able to be connected. I had to wedge my leg in to the wall side to keep from falling out after the second time!

The cabin didn’t look anything like what they had on the TV show. 😆. But still my favorite cruise ever!!

Oh my - the beds.  I'm divorced, both my kids were finally in college, and I wanted to cruise.  So I found a woman on some online cruise site where you posted for cabin mates. She lived about 30 minutes from me and met once before the cruise at a mall for a short time.  She cruised a lot and planned the whole thing. We had an outside cabin and our single beds were at a 90 degree angle to each other. Very small cabin but we had a great time, and here I am 20+ years later and 45+ cruises later still going....

• Like 2

Was shown as being on the guide list on TV last night...but when I selected, it was definitely not Dr. Odyssey.  Not sure what our local station did with the actual show.  Maybe they already heard it was really bad?  😗

Finally watched the first episode last night.   What cruise company would allow the medical staff to party on the beach drinking shots?   I had a laugh at that.

On the internet it said most of the video shots are interior LA sets.  At the end (watch closely) they thank Crystal Crise Lines.  

Oh, they had some strange medical events - a person who stuffed himself with shrimp until he got very sick.  A poor guy who got injured in a very bad spot. A man overboard. Etc.  Now next week a rogue wave is coming.  That is a cursed ship!  Have to watch that but overall, not my type of show. 

17 hours ago, ecslady said:

My first cruise too! I think it was 1992. Celebrity horizon NY to Bermuda. Had to

leave a day early to cruise around a hurricane. Maria??? 

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

See my reply above! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ecslady said:

Oh my - the beds.  I'm divorced, both my kids were finally in college, and I wanted to cruise.  So I found a woman on some online cruise site where you posted for cabin mates. She lived about 30 minutes from me and met once before the cruise at a mall for a short time.  She cruised a lot and planned the whole thing. We had an outside cabin and our single beds were at a 90 degree angle to each other. Very small cabin but we had a great time, and here I am 20+ years later and 45+ cruises later still going....

Same for us! 90 degree fold down beds….outside cabin for us too.  I had the bed (if you can actually call it that) under the window. He never fell out of his bed. I imagine that’s whyThe Love Boat never showed the actual rooms, LOL. And same here…..still cruising more than ever! Great memories for us both!!

On 9/27/2024 at 5:23 AM, Scottdalfonso said:

They probably grew up watching the Love boat, lol 

Undoubtedly.  Love is in the air.  Seriously?

Methinks the writers will exhaust the tank of shipboard medical fodder if they don’t slow down.

Wait!  I can hardly wait for the Noro virus outbreak episode.  It’s almost obligatory.

Edited by logan25