The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday October 4th, 2024

Posted (edited)

Thank you for today’s FR&D, Sandi & Rich! Though lovely out now, there are some threatening looking clouds off the coast & the breezes are blowing them my way. 

@dfish Debbie, congratulations on Abraham joining your family! I seemed to have missed your original post! 

Vanessa, glad you are using your rollator. When my Sister was released from rehab in March and started using hers, we both suddenly realized that even the best maintained communities had sidewalks with lots of hidden pitfalls. Hope you & BFF enjoy every moment, and your leg garment behaves. I confess when I read you were using a “leg garment”, I pictured your leg dressed in a cute little cruise outfit. Thank you for keeping up with us! 

Bindi walks, if weather permits- a hike in a state park with my friend & her brother visiting from Seattle, dinner with them and probably a few chores will sneak in, too. 

IMG_3544.jpeg.2d0c38e1af3fdf2908b61db3d3a20e97.jpeg

IMG_3546.jpeg.fa36dd0d61c75bb785cc7b7f2f2b71bb.jpeg

IMG_3548.jpeg.ad7f046dc7c80e94e038ad48afc71886.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Prayers for Tana, Terry & DB, Melisa & DH, Chuck & Annie, Ann & Pat, Roy, Jacqui, Sam, Sandi & DB, Nancy’s DB - Nick, Jane & Tony, Elizabeth, Dixie, Debbie, Terri & Jim and all our caregivers. 

@seagarsmoker Jody, hope you get some answers and a plan that works!

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

Roy, bravo on a good day at rehab. 

@JazzyV

May your new decade be filled with laughter, love, great health and a cruise or two! 
IMG_3005.jpeg.0bc0971835aed971470d6adba08ffedf.jpeg

Happy Anniversary, Terri & Jim! Here’s to many more!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Josh Cellars Chardonna

Pick up whichever vintage you find. They also have a Reserve Chardonnay that they market as being buttery and the price is not much different. 
Not usually a fan of Chardonnay, but there have been a few that I have really enjoyed. Online prices start at $10.47. Not sure; pick up a 375 ml bottle at Wal-Mart for $5.98

Winemaker notes

Our Chardonnay is crafted with care to ensure that no single flavor overpowers another, creating a delicate, bright glass filled with subtle sweetness and a hint of oak.

Flavor Notes

Well-balanced, with bright citrus, honey, and juicy peach notes rounded with a hint of oak to bring a light complexity.

Food Pairings

Pairs well with shrimp, steamed mussels, creamy pasta, roasted chicken, and grilled vegetables.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 4

Good Friday morning to all.

Thank you to Sandi for your dedication in keeping the FR&D going.

Thank you Vanessa for the Cares and Celebration List, despite being on a cruise.  Hope you are having a wonderful time with BFF.

Thank you to Debbie, Dixie and Ann for the recipes and wine.  They all look good today.

The quote is funny.

I have not been to the destination.

We have not yet found Jim’s Driver’s License.  He has always kept it in his wallet and all of a sudden it is not there.  While it is true that he no longer drives, he does need it for ID, He seems so unworried about it, while I am looking all over the house for it.  I have called every doctor’s office we have been to, and no one has it.

Yesterday was a crazy day.  i was all ready to leave for my hair appointment when DH tells me that the temporary crown has come off the tooth the dentist is working on.  So I call the dentist, who is booked solid, but will find room for him if we come right away.  So I have to cancel the hair appointment and PT at the last minute and get him to Hilton Head.  The whole day got turned around.  I did manage to get to the Caregiver Support Group in the afternoon for a while.  I ended up so tired. Also got to the butcher.  One thing I like is that the butcher has lots of prepared meals (all made there).  I picked up something for dinner.

Today we will take it easy and celebrate each other.  

Thank you all for the lovely anniversary wishes.  They are very much appreciated.

I hope everyone has a good day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 34
  • Thanks 4

Good morning, everyone!

Slept well again last night and I hope I am establishing a pattern.  We did not do leaves yesterday as we decided they would still be here today.  Instead we went shopping and got some things that were greatly needed.  Today I will go to the gym and then maybe we'll work on leaves.  Things have quieted down with Sue's son.  At least for now.  

I'm happy to be reading all the good news on the medical front.  A former colleague of mine has been declared cancer free.  She was never a smoker, but was diagnosed with lung cancer a few weeks back.  They removed a third of her lung and some lymph nodes.  There was a malignant tumor in the part of the lung that they removed, but the lymph nodes were all clear.  That was a huge celebration!

Today's meal would make a great breakfast, but there is no law against having breakfast for dinner.  Sometimes that is just what you need!   This first recipe can be gluten free if you make sure you get rolled oats that are gluten free and not cross contaminated.  They look pretty good to me.  Healthy Apple Pancakes

appleproteinpancakes1.thumb.jpg.35cb34eb075af4e7c8f2ca0232ff5df6.jpg

The next recipe is not gluten free, but does have a ton of protein in the pancakes.  Whole Wheat Apple Pancakes

appleproteinpancakes2.thumb.jpg.e3fe279ee7b1ce4cace20be0f5d0e0d3.jpg

The last recipe is naturally sweetened with fruit and uses flaxseed meal as a flour for the pancakes.  Flaxseed is very healthy!  Apple Cinnamon Protein Pancakes

appleproteinpancakes3.thumb.jpg.8df95129e2241ea4d07d411f311a71b7.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 17

Good morning everyone. Sitting here waiting for the HVAC installers.  Somehow John forgot and headed to the grocery unannounced so when I woke to turn the porch lights on he was gone.  I am glad I remembered and got dressed.  Thanks for the daily Sandi and Rich!  I'll celebrate taco day!  A funny quote from Warren Buffett.  I look forward to today's photos from Greece.  Pass on the meal, the cocktail but would drink the wine. 

Thanks for the cares and celebrations reports Vanessa.  Happy birthday once more!  Jacqui I pray your legs are improving.  Prayers for continued healing Roy!  Prayers for Tana and Terry, Chuck and Annie, Jim and Terri, Ann, Bonnie, Melissa, LeAnn, Sandi and her DB and everyone else who are ailing or grieving.   Prayers for the people suffering from Helene. Prayers for all in war zones.  

Great fall tree your DD decorated Sandi. 

Another work day outside working on my front bed.  A fifth generation Monarch loading up on food for the flight to Mexico from the Food Innovation Center we visited Wednesday. Have a great Friday! Nancy 

IMG_20241002_113734303.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 9

🍾🥂Happy Anniversary Terri and Jim!  May you have a quiet, reflective day to enjoy together. Never enough anniversaries!  

🎂🎉 Happy 70th Birthday Vanessa!  May you and BFF enjoy it together on your cruise vacation!  Thanks for all you do for us!  

IMG_2783.thumb.jpeg.5a021d9e58db162229aee015bff68657.jpeg

(My recent 70th birthday celebration on Emerald Princess)

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Good morning and happy Friday!  I'm meeting some friends for coffee later.  One of our group moved away, and we haven't seen her for a while, she's in town this week.  Another day in the low 70's, it's cloudy right now.  

Happy Birthday to @JazzyVEnjoy your day!  Hoping you're seeing some pretty trees today! 

image.thumb.jpeg.05127e84f84f45bb90cabaf6d34138e7.jpeg

• Like 30

Another dismal cloudy day here but it’s not raining. 
I’ve been in a funk… multiple nights of too little sleep hasn’t helped. And yesterday DH’s bloodwork (every 6 months) showed another increase in psa, 4.5 years post cancer treatment; phone consult with oncologist next week. Maybe time for a scan? I need to shake out of my gloom, get back to grounded in gratitude!  And keep working on the stacks of paper to file. Next week we’re hosting family dinner with DH’s daughter visiting from Idaho and both granddaughters and their spouses. It’ll be tight but fun!  

So good to read of improvements in our Dailyites in need. Hoping we hear good news from Jacqui!  

Blessings to all in need! 
Extras for those recovering from fires, storms, floods…. too much!  And hope for all the war zones, for our country and yours. 
Cheers for all celebrating! Life is Good🌈. I could use a dose of that! And maybe a Rusty Nail! 
Maureen 

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  This morning it is 66F and the day will be cloudy with a high temp of 79.  It was a little warm yesterday but no stray showers appeared at my house or downtown during my hair appointment and errands.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for the Fleet Report and Daily for Friday!  Today some different days to recognize and celebrate.  Dick Tracy the comic book character, improving our offices, and ships in a bottle.  Okay, that's fine.  But did you know it's also National Cinnamon Roll Day, National Taco Day, National Vodka Day and National Golf Lovers Day??  The Buffett quote is a funny one.  I would try the pancakes, but would pass on the Rusty Nail.  A taste of the Josh Cellars Chardonnay would determine whether I wanted a full glass of it.  Chardonnay normally isn't my first choice.  A big change in the calendar back in 1582.  Can you imagine the confusion?  Worse than the fear of Y2K. 😬 A great day for the Orient Express in 1883. I can’t thank you ladies enough for the F&B reports…Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard!

Prayers today for my DB, those who lost loved ones and property during Hurricane/Tropical Storm Helene, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages that we still hope will come home, and our troops in the war zone.  In addition, many prayers for Annie and Chuck, Roy, Tana and Terry, Nancy’s DB Nick, Joy’s DS Bonnie, Melisa and her DH, Ann and Pat, Jacqui, Dixie, Elizabeth, Terry and Jim, Carol and Sam, Debbie and anyone else in need of them.  Congrats to all celebrating special occasions, cruising and preparing to cruise.  So glad Vanessa @JazzyV is off on a cruise having a good time with BFF!  Thank you Vanessa for working on the Daily C&C list even while on your vacation.  We don’t know what we’d do without you!

The port today is Gythion (Sparta), Greece.  This is another brand new port for us to enjoy.  I haven’t been to that port before.  No links either.  Hopefully someone will have some photos and descriptions of their time spent there.

Have an excellent Friday y’all!  We will probably do our weekly shopping at Kroger this morning, then this afternoon the HVAC company will come by to check both furnaces in preparation for winter.  It will appear out of nowhere to surprise us when we least expect it.☃️

I like the "Days" you found better!  Please feel free to amend them while you are posting the Daily.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

hnow for our TGIF daily, Sandi and thanks to Vanessa and our F & B team.  We all appreciate your devotion.

Good morning from Sleepless in Saint John.  It’s been a hectic week with some negotiations and financial matters and cruise stuff that I’m not going on.  I have everything nearly attended to tour wise, just need to hear back from our transfer and one guide.  Honestly, it’s easier to cancel tours than transfer them to others but I didn’t want to leave people in the lurch at this late date.

I got tired of the stall and runaround on the fencing for Ivan so last Friday I asked our guy if it had been discussed with him yet.  When he said no, I explodedd (politely) and said my foot can’t take it.  Tolled him I should have listened to another resident and just put it up.  he said he couldn’t approve it but told me to order it - so I did.  It’s up and Ivan is much happier.

So far there’s been compliments by a number and one complaint which was dismissed.  As long as he doesn’t bark, I think we are home free 🤞. It’s not a cheap one and really not visible from any difference.  A table ate who knew I was doing it was shocked at how nice it looked.  It wasn’t what she expected.  LOL I don’t do cheap.   Here it is:

IMG_3224.thumb.jpeg.3972b9ece32fecabd4f1ca39574b04e4.jpeg

IMG_3225.thumb.jpeg.80c065dafe70acf2e5d6a3ee58d9ad0d.jpeg

I’ll have to take it down when corporate comes most likely and the lawn guys move one stake so I’ll have to buy a soft mallet (mine is in one of the missing boxes which it appears are gone into never ever land).

prayers for @rafinmd  @Vict0riann @ottahand7’s DB  @StLouisCruisers & @Nickelpenny .and family

@Cruzin Terri a very happy anniversary to you two.

@JazzyV Vanessa a very, very happy 70th to you.

@dfish congratulations on the new addition.\\

My day is going to be full trying to get the spread sheet done.  NEVER advise you are closing it off the next day - everyone posts additions.  LOL.

Hoping by the end of the weekend everything is done and I will ship the box  with the name tags, invites, sail away signage and M & G signage, etc off to a roll call member who has kindly offered to bring them on the cruise.

Prayers for all those on the Care list & those that need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and fortunate enough to cruise.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 14

Good cloudy and chilly morning. 
  It was rough sleeping last night as I had Mr Trouble on the bed with me. He likes to sleep on the center and makes it hard to move. DB usually ends up with all 3 of them in his bed by morning. 
The outside cousins have had an increase, last night I heard kittens crying and this morning I saw 3 curled up in a flower pot . 🐾🐾🐾
I hope everyone has a great day.

• Like 30

Good morning. @JazzyV Happy Birthday🎂. @Cruzin TerriHappy Anniversary. @ErwinI do hope the rain stops and you’re both safe.

Well, Another great nights sleep. No complaints there. Lot’s of rain in the forecast but so far it’s like Moses has parted the sea and the rain goes around us. Unlike many we could use a “little” bit.

Depending on the weather; we may go on a lunch date today.

This week sure went at warp speed. Have a great weekend everyone. B.

image.thumb.jpeg.1ecac0f2814c48ac170ea02c7a135db4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.23a2955b7dc27ac80a4ac39a3d42e5e7.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7436af636b32cc06ed632caab4345b50.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Haha 16