The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday October 18th, 2024

Thank you for today’s FR&D, Sandi & Rich! It is another lovely morning. A tiny bit warmer at 65. The past two mornings have been below 60 and quite breezy. 

Vanessa, happy to read the descriptions of your days. Hope the trend continues for a long time. Thank you for keeping up with all of us. 

No gym today. It is the Friday of Bike Week. The last time I did my Friday class during Bike Week - it took me 90 minutes to do a 20 minute drive. NEVER again! Bindi walks, chores, having some friends over for supper and my generator folk are coming to see why my generator did not turn on when I lost power during Milton. 

IMG_3676.jpeg.88d0401591eeaa68db8e979d7853db0e.jpeg

IMG_3666.jpeg.4aba972b0c75dcf8c2474873e52f9305.jpeg

IMG_3678.jpeg.813f927c98dcede33597ff1dfe5e19d7.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Prayers for Tana, may she not give up hope, Terry & family, Melisa & DH, Chuck & Annie, Sandi (and Dennis) & DB, Nancy’s DB - Nick, Sam, Roy, Jacqui, Elizabeth- hope all goes well with your knee surgery today, Sue - hope all goes well with your knee replacement today, Tony, Debbie, Dixie, Terri & Jim, and all our caregivers. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

@Seasick Sailor & @SusieKIslandGirl

Joy & Susie, hope your new years are filled with laughter, love, great health & a cruise or two!

IMG_3005.jpeg.7341689fc738b67574e3f8cd8caedf6d.jpeg

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Muriwai Sauvignon Blanc

This New Zealand SB has lots of consumer fans, but is a bit elusive. I just barely found some descriptive info that was more than a one-liner. I found two places that ship to me, but no brick & mortar stores showed up. Online price was $18.99.

Distributor notes

Fresh, lively lime citrus notes with hints of melons and passionfruit. The palate unfolds to reveal layers of flavor as hinted on the nose and all underpinned by a rich texture and solid mineral acid spine. Powerful, yet crisp and utterly delicious.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 10

Good morning,

Molly had me up early and was barking at something. With the variety of wildlife that passes through the yard and up my steps to the back door. Who knows what was out there. A nap will be in my future. 

My thumb stopped bleeding but if I hit it wrong or take off the bandage it starts bleeding again but not near as bad. It will take a few days to seal back up. My wonderful DDIL came over and helped me clean up the kitchen so I did not get it wet. The DGK’s were out of school since Wednesday afternoon. They will be over later this afternoon to ride bikes and go to the park. 

Happy birthday day to my fellow Libra’s @Seasick Sailor and @SusieKIslandGirl  I hope you have a wonderful day. Prayers for our surgical patients @Haljo1935 and @DWAliaschief and all others in need. 

It is very dry here in Kansas. It is a double edged sword when you have beautiful fall weather with sunshine and no rain. All sorts of red flag warnings are coming through on my phone. They are keeping our sprinkler systems on until November to help with the grass. 

Have a great day. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Good morning to all! Please excuse the shortness of my posts but for it isn’t as easy to post on a phone than my laptop.

Prayers for those in need, celebrating happy birthdays,  and remembering those that were special in our lives.

The ship has been rocking and rolling since yesterday with 3-4 meter seas and it was announced yesterday that we could see up to 6 meter seas today.

I stopped at Guest Services this morning as there wasn’t a line. I was curious as to how many passengers were onboard as it has felt very crowded. The gentleman told me 2,648 passengers! The double occupancy is 2,678 but I am sure there are some triples, quads, and solos onboard as I have seen the young girls. Still, pretty full.

Stay safe, and prayers for all in need.

- Jack

IMG_3105.thumb.jpeg.cc2faa8ad3fbc112d1d4d90ef5dc13b3.jpeg

IMG_3099.thumb.jpeg.3aee73533d6e86a87cae49f0808ff6da.jpeg

IMG_3104.thumb.jpeg.287d50c768291a889974654acdc26109.jpeg

IMG_3114.thumb.jpeg.229422b32a01af6429e2d0b02f2831b3.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

Good morning, everyone!

We are off to a chilly start here in mid-Michigan at 35F but have promises of sunny skies and a high of 67F.  Heading into the 70s this weekend.  

@Haljo1935 and @DWAliaschief best wishes for successful surgeries today.  Keeping you in my thoughts.

@kazu I hope cataract measuring goes well and that surgery gets scheduled!

@Seasick Sailor and @SusieKIslandGirl

HappyBirthday3.jpg.36f19ceb6192184c103e51c4b6bd8a97.jpg

Today's meal is a great one for the fall and winter season.  Nothing better than a good soup to warm the bones, as mom used to say.  This first one sounds very interesting.  White Bean Chicken Soup

chickenandwhitebeansoup1.thumb.jpeg.493f03782adc7ae7210bca8b0570aedd.jpeg

While the last recipe used lemon and dill, this one uses sage for flavoring.  Both call for shredded rotisserie chicken making it an easy meal to prepare.   Chicken and White Bean Soup

chickenandwhitebeansoup2.jpeg.67d8310386a9dee7abcac431fc5e76be.jpeg

And while the last two recipes make a brothy soup, this is a creamy one.  Creamy Chicken and White Bean Soup

chickenandwhitebeansoup3.thumb.jpeg.5e7f4d49b9e0db7ddb656e6b626d261c.jpeg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 16

Hugs for Pauline and Graham. 💙
Cheers for Joy and Susie 🎂

Blessings 😇🤞for Elizabeth and Sue, your DHs and Care Teams. 

Smooth travels for Susan to the dentist far away!  🚙. And a smooth day for Jacqui and Ivan. 

Good recovery ❤️‍🩹 and rest for Vanessa and Roy.
Rest and peace for Sandi this weekend before the treatment plan gets laid out. Try to keep from borrowing trouble, there’s a plan coming together just for you!  Breathe! 

It’s chilly here again this morning but it’s been a beautiful autumn. I think today we’ll take a short drive northwest to visit a small but famous mineral museum in Franklin. Rock enthusiasts everywhere know of the colorful, fluorescent rocks of Franklin which are showcased under UV “black” lights in mineral displays around the world, and they’re right in our “backyard”. Should be fun for this old geologist!  

We made arrangements yesterday to go north 3hrs next weekend to visit a cousin who lives east of Albany. Our fall cousins gathering won’t happen this year due to scheduling issues so DH and I will try to visit some cousins on our own. I am the youngest of my generation and I’m happy to be “back east” closer to all of them, glad to take the chance to get to see some of them, and so grateful DH can do it with me. We lost 5 of the cousins in just over a year between 2022-2024 and we are still numbering 22 including spouses. My siblings are the farthest-flung; most of us live in in this pocket of the NY-NJ-CT tri-state. 

Also yesterday DH got info and submitted a request for approval to attend an upcoming organ concert at West Point, about an hour from us, in early November.  Those with military ID can just show up; those without must be cleared in advance. Looks like it might become a regular happening for us👍 

No advance on looking at travel options; we’ll get back to that soon but France/Paris is coming out as the choice so far. 

Life is Good🌈.  That’s especially good to remember in the tougher days. Warm hugs to those struggling with difficulties. 

Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope, all on our Care list and in our hearts near and far. 

🥂 Cheers to those celebrating! 
Smooth travels to all away! 
Have a good day this Friday! Thank you all for being here. 
Maureen 

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 4

Good morning!  Just checking in. I read when I can but there are days that I skip. I’m at the airport right now, going to my auntie’s Celebration of Life tomorrow. She was 96yo. Fortunately she was always at home, only the last couple months she had to go into a hospice facility. 

Thank you for the HAL fleet report and all the daily information. And especially thank you all for caring and sharing.  Prayers for everyone who needs them.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

• Like 28

Good morning and happy Friday everyone.  Thanks for today’s updates.  I’ll gladly celebrate meatloaf, one of our favorite comfort meals.

I like the quote, I hope that pixie dust gets scattered over our daily friends who have upcoming medical procedures and ongoing health issues.

The meal sounds very nice but I’ll pass on the drink.

I have not been to today’s port, I think I need to get out more.

Prayers for those on our prayer list and for those who need them.  Cheers to everyone celebrating happy events!  Happy birthday to @Seasick Sailor and @SusieKIslandGirl! 🎂

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1

Good Friday morning!  Thanks for the daily and maps Rich and Sandi.   Meatloaf is a sore subject here.  While we were in Baltimore I went to Wegmans and bought two large prepared just bake meatloaves.  They used to be so good.  The one I baked last night was squishy and not well seasoned, completely different formula.  Sadly another in the freezer, I may add ground pork and seasoning to it when we cook it.  Boo Wegmans, don't mess with perfection.  A cute quote and I look forward to photos of Wales.  The soup sounds good, pass on the cocktail but another NZ SB sounds good. 

Thanks for the cares and celebrations reports Vanessa.  Prayers for Sue @DWAliaschief as she has her knee replacement surgery today. @Haljo1935I pray your surgery goes well today.  Great news that Bonnie is back to golfing. Jacqui I hope you will get your cataract surgery very soon. Prayers for Tana and Terry, Terri and Jim, Roy, Ann, Sandi, Sandi's DB, Annie and Chuck and everyone else who are ailing or grieving.  Prayers for all in war zones and the hurricane victims.  

We have a beautiful day here. It should get close to 70 with a string of beautiful days. Drought monitor calls us extremely dry, it is moderate drought at the cabin. I'll try to get every bit of my outside work done other than killing a Wisteria that keeps coming back, a gift from the previous owners.  I read on Facebook that our 35 Hawaii South Pacific cruise has a lot of open Neptune Suites so I may try to snag an upgrade. Have a lovely day!  Nancy 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Good morning. At surgery center. So it will be a long wait here in waiting room but they do have comfortable chairs. Sue is in great spirits and is ready for this. Enough walking around in pain. Next spring the other knee will have knee replacement.

It was 48 degrees this morning highlighted by a beautiful waning Gibbons Moon on the drive here.

Happy Birthday to our celebrants and well wishes for our other members having medical procedures.

Enjoy your weekend. B.

image.jpeg.bf6fa3e9c5516ff36b89cf9c9d21736b.jpegimage.jpeg.3baf4711b10e4b4b0acbe54b9c682a94.jpegimage.jpeg.b3ffbb497be419691272c99953d0782c.jpegimage.jpeg.9691c0c44f1bb24b9f7b7b293d9501da.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Good morning rom chilly central Texas.  It is 49F with a 3mph wind from the east, 67% humidity and a dew point of 39F.  Our predicted high will be 79F, and by next week, central Texas will be back in the 90s, but we'll be on our way to Arizona.  This morning I need to make a quick trip to the grocery store.  I have an appointment for a haircut early this afternoon; then, I'll do the last mowing and trimming for this year.  It will need mowing a few more times, but our neighbor will take over that chore.

Since I do not wear leggings, I'll pass on the day.  DH will definitely not be celebrating necktie day since he no longer wears them unless he absolutely has to wear one.  Meatloaf is a favorite here, so we'll both honor meatloaf appreciation day.

I like today's quote, and I hope some of us get the much needed pixie dust.

We'll pass on the meal, drink and wine today.

We have been to Wales, but not to Holyhead, so there are no pictures today.

The 1867 purchase of Alaska was one of the best real estate deals in history.  

Hats off to the BBC on their 102nd anniversary.

In 1937, this was not a good day for Al Capone, but tax evasion was the only charge that would stick.

@Haljo1935  Elizabeth, I hope your surgery goes well, and you recover quickly.

@DWAliaschief  Sue, I hope your knee replacement is successful and the recovery is quick and easy.  Let Bruce take care of you while you heal.

@grapau27 Graham, you and Pauline are in our thoughts as you remember and honor her Mam today.

@Heartgrove  Thanks for checking in, Jack.

@kochleffel  Paul, thanks for the suggestion of using super glue on the cut.  This was one that I doubt it would have worked on.  It was not a straight cut, but a slice down the side of the finger.  I think it was bleeding too much for the glue to work, and it needed pressure from a Band-Aid to hold it in place until it started healing.  

463405214_390275397489008_10299537462193693_n.jpg.a34ad7cf6cc2b532effc2c150be8ac55.jpg

463402807_122138144486319091_3571778202427913827_n.jpg.9d02617bb8996c32408cea782a7c2ba3.jpg

463406144_122170271792093544_5086867182549752326_n.jpg.39ee16bbf4a0c387ea555ebdd32a013a.jpg

463389179_122175030014167402_2018118892149796237_n.jpg.5cfc4e645269ba71acfc266d619a2c0b.jpg

463200608_1115850530163030_6230586533156401024_n.jpg.87ec20ba6408cde952a36025518ccfbe.jpg

Lenda

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 12

Most people love leggings but I'm not one who wears them. Neckties are good but not seen as often these days. Meatloaf was always a despised meal growing up, and I have no desire to try again. The drink is a maybe and the wine a definite yes! Never been to the port.

It was a chilly 51 here this morning but will be up to around 80 by the time I arrive in Ft Myers this afternoon. Our happy hour last night was a lot of fun. The Laser Beam was unanimously declared "good but the painkiller is better". Still, fun to try something new. Looking forward to getting on the road at 10 for the drive south, dental appointment at 3, then meeting son's family for dinner at a restaurant new to me.  The plan at this point is for DH to stay home and meet me at Disney Sunday, but he tends to change his mind a lot. Won't know for sure until I pull out of the driveway - with or without a passenger 😉

@RMLincoln Maureen - wow, 22 cousins?? That's a big family, and how nice you're able to get together. Travel planning sounds fun too.

@kazu Jacqui - good luck with the cataracts measuring. Hope the procedure will be scheduled shortly once this is done.

@cat shepard I'm not a biker but have accidentally seen how those crowds affect the area! Too many people, too much noise, etc. Hopefully minimal "trouble".

@aliaschief Bruce - hoping Sue's knee surgery goes well today

@Haljo1935 - omigosh, what a way to start the day! On the way to one of my reconstructive surgeries the car died - it was so stressful! Fortunately we were able to contact a friend who came and gave us his car to get to surgery while he waited for AAA and went to a shop with our car.

Happy Birthday to the birthday girls @Seasick Cruiser and @SusieKIslandGirl

Warm thoughts to @grapau27 Graham & Pauline as they remember to Pauline's Mom today

Sue/WDW197

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5

55 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Hugs for Pauline and Graham. 💙
Cheers for Joy and Susie 🎂

Blessings 😇🤞for Elizabeth and Sue, your DHs and Care Teams. 

Smooth travels for Susan to the dentist far away!  🚙. And a smooth day for Jacqui and Ivan. 

Good recovery ❤️‍🩹 and rest for Vanessa and Roy.
Rest and peace for Sandi this weekend before the treatment plan gets laid out. Try to keep from borrowing trouble, there’s a plan coming together just for you!  Breathe! 

It’s chilly here again this morning but it’s been a beautiful autumn. I think today we’ll take a short drive northwest to visit a small but famous mineral museum in Franklin. Rock enthusiasts everywhere know of the colorful, fluorescent rocks of Franklin which are showcased under UV “black” lights in mineral displays around the world, and they’re right in our “backyard”. Should be fun for this old geologist!  

We made arrangements yesterday to go north 3hrs next weekend to visit a cousin who lives east of Albany. Our fall cousins gathering won’t happen this year due to scheduling issues so DH and I will try to visit some cousins on our own. I am the youngest of my generation and I’m happy to be “back east” closer to all of them, glad to take the chance to get to see some of them, and so grateful DH can do it with me. We lost 5 of the cousins in just over a year between 2022-2024 and we are still numbering 22 including spouses. My siblings are the farthest-flung; most of us live in in this pocket of the NY-NJ-CT tri-state. 

Also yesterday DH got info and submitted a request for approval to attend an upcoming organ concert at West Point, about an hour from us, in early November.  Those with military ID can just show up; those without must be cleared in advance. Looks like it might become a regular happening for us👍 

No advance on looking at travel options; we’ll get back to that soon but France/Paris is coming out as the choice so far. 

Life is Good🌈.  That’s especially good to remember in the tougher days. Warm hugs to those struggling with difficulties. 

Blessings to all in need of healing, comfort or hope, all on our Care list and in our hearts near and far. 

🥂 Cheers to those celebrating! 
Smooth travels to all away! 
Have a good day this Friday! Thank you all for being here. 
Maureen 

46 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

@grapau27 Graham, my thoughts for Paulines’s mam today. I too had a HAL English Breakfast today. Plus a Kippered Herring plate as well. 

-Jack

33 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@grapau27 and @Paw13, Graham and Pauline, sending my prayers for your dear Mam on this day. I think it was so nice that you went to a restaurant you enjoyed together after going to the crematorium. And. The food looks great!

30 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

@grapau27and @Paw13 thinking of you both as you celebrate the memory of Pauline's DM. ✝️

18 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good morning rom chilly central Texas.  It is 49F with a 3mph wind from the east, 67% humidity and a dew point of 39F.  Our predicted high will be 79F, and by next week, central Texas will be back in the 90s, but we'll be on our way to Arizona.  This morning I need to make a quick trip to the grocery store.  I have an appointment for a haircut early this afternoon; then, I'll do the last mowing and trimming for this year.  It will need mowing a few more times, but our neighbor will take over that chore.

Since I do not wear leggings, I'll pass on the day.  DH will definitely not be celebrating necktie day since he no longer wears them unless he absolutely has to wear one.  Meatloaf is a favorite here, so we'll both honor meatloaf appreciation day.

I like today's quote, and I hope some of us get the much needed pixie dust.

We'll pass on the meal, drink and wine today.

We have been to Wales, but not to Holyhead, so there are no pictures today.

The 1867 purchase of Alaska was one of the best real estate deals in history.  

Hats off to the BBC on their 102nd anniversary.

In 1937, this was not a good day for Al Capone, but tax evasion was the only charge that would stick.

@Haljo1935  Elizabeth, I hope your surgery goes well, and you recover quickly.

@DWAliaschief  Sue, I hope your knee replacement is successful and the recovery is quick and easy.  Let Bruce take care of you while you heal.

@grapau27 Graham, you and Pauline are in our thoughts as you remember and honor her Mam today.

@Heartgrove  Thanks for checking in, Jack.

@kochleffel  Paul, thanks for the suggestion of using super glue on the cut.  This was one that I doubt it would have worked on.  It was not a straight cut, but a slice down the side of the finger.  I think it was bleeding too much for the glue to work, and it needed pressure from a Band-Aid to hold it in place until it started healing.  

463405214_390275397489008_10299537462193693_n.jpg.a34ad7cf6cc2b532effc2c150be8ac55.jpg

463402807_122138144486319091_3571778202427913827_n.jpg.9d02617bb8996c32408cea782a7c2ba3.jpg

463406144_122170271792093544_5086867182549752326_n.jpg.39ee16bbf4a0c387ea555ebdd32a013a.jpg

463389179_122175030014167402_2018118892149796237_n.jpg.5cfc4e645269ba71acfc266d619a2c0b.jpg

463200608_1115850530163030_6230586533156401024_n.jpg.87ec20ba6408cde952a36025518ccfbe.jpg

Lenda

17 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

Most people love leggings but I'm not one who wears them. Neckties are good but not seen as often these days. Meatloaf was always a despised meal growing up, and I have no desire to try again. The drink is a maybe and the wine a definite yes! Never been to the port.

It was a chilly 51 here this morning but will be up to around 80 by the time I arrive in Ft Myers this afternoon. Our happy hour last night was a lot of fun. The Laser Beam was unanimously declared "good but the painkiller is better". Still, fun to try something new. Looking forward to getting on the road at 10 for the drive south, dental appointment at 3, then meeting son's family for dinner at a restaurant new to me.  The plan at this point is for DH to stay home and meet me at Disney Sunday, but he tends to change his mind a lot. Won't know for sure until I pull out of the driveway - with or without a passenger 😉

@RMLincoln Maureen - wow, 22 cousins?? That's a big family, and how nice you're able to get together. Travel planning sounds fun too.

@kazu Jacqui - good luck with the cataracts measuring. Hope the procedure will be scheduled shortly once this is done.

@cat shepard I'm not a biker but have accidentally seen how those crowds affect the area! Too many people, too much noise, etc. Hopefully minimal "trouble".

@aliaschief Bruce - hoping Sue's knee surgery goes well today

@Haljo1935 - omigosh, what a way to start the day! On the way to one of my reconstructive surgeries the car died - it was so stressful! Fortunately we were able to contact a friend who came and gave us his car to get to surgery while he waited for AAA and went to a shop with our car.

Happy Birthday to the birthday girls @Seasick Cruiser and @SusieKIslandGirl

Warm thoughts to @grapau27 Graham & Pauline as they remember to Pauline's Mom today

Sue/WDW197

Thank you friends for your kind words on Ruth's 6th memory in heaven.

After lunch at the hotel which overlooks the beach we had a short stroll along the promenade.

IMG_20241018_134735.jpg

IMG_20241018_135235.jpg

IMG_20241018_133816.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 1