WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

Jamie Petts is the new hotel director on the Silhouette. He is excellent. He is truly interested in making sure that everyone on the ship is having a good time. He is often seen talking to guests asking them how things afe on the ship. Half eay through the cruise, he sent out a letter asking if there was anything that could be improved. As an elite plus Captains Club member, I was impressed. My cruise during the lady 2 weeks was superb. The only improvement that I would make is to make the staff aware of the free coffee/tea for elite plus guests. There were many times that I had to ask the server to cancel the charge for my coffee. Only once during the 2 week cruise did anyone look at my card and say thank you for sailing on Celebrity. Everything else was perfect.

You are so right about the coffee. I was recently on the Silhouette and no one emphasizes the fact that the special coffees are free for we elite plus. I learned about it late in the cruise.

Jamie Petts is the new hotel director on the Silhouette. He is excellent. He is truly interested in making sure that everyone on the ship is having a good time. He is often seen talking to guests asking them how things afe on the ship. Half eay through the cruise, he sent out a letter asking if there was anything that could be improved. As an elite plus Captains Club member, I was impressed. My cruise during the lady 2 weeks was superb. The only improvement that I would make is to make the staff aware of the free coffee/tea for elite plus guests. There were many times that I had to ask the server to cancel the charge for my coffee. Only once during the 2 week cruise did anyone look at my card and say thank you for sailing on Celebrity. Everything else was perfect.

Agree 100% with your remarks about Jamie. We enjoyed his work a while back while on CENTURY;he was everything you describe, and then some !! A good example to follow by other aspiring upcoming F&B crew members.

Jole Jacoby's schedule is as follows:

10/14 - 10/23: Seine River Cruise (working as a destination concierge)

10/25 - 01/17: Silhouette (Caribbean)

01/19 - May: Solstice (Australia -New Zealand)

Hope this helps everyone who is wondering where Jole is.

Seems my memory for Silly and Solstice was right, LOL.

Thanks Janice!

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Agree 100% with your remarks about Jamie. We enjoyed his work a while back while on CENTURY;he was everything you describe, and then some !! A good example to follow by other aspiring upcoming F&B crew members.

We sailed with Jamie several years ago before he got his promotion to Hotel Director.

We became very friendly with the activities director who was his girlfriend at the time , Sara. They were an adorable couple. Hope they're still together!

(And Sara was a REALLY good, really involved activities director - I hope she also got a promotion!)

Thanks -- Glad to hear that Jole is still with X. :)

Another familiar face from Summit is also missing from Arno's chart: Hotel Director Paul Kelley. On our last cruise, I heard that he was no longer with the company :( (hope that's not true). Anyone know?

It seems, according to one source, that certain captains will be switching ships on the next rotation. No one has moved as yet but the yellow on the grid might indicate possible changes.

Onboard%20Oct%2023_zpsosqhgtyd.png

It seems, according to one source, that certain captains will be switching ships on the next rotation. No one has moved as yet but the yellow on the grid might indicate possible changes.

Onboard%20Oct%2023_zpsosqhgtyd.png

Arno - Following are the bands on Reflections 10/23/15

House Band L.A.X

Duo & Vocal - Ear candy

Jazz Quartet Capricorn

DJ Drag@n

Cocktail Piano Alexey, Big Mike

Ballroom DJ D'lay

Guitar Rafiki

Where is Lionel a captains club host?

For some reason he did not show up on Constellation.

Graeme is on vacation, a hostess is on board but I do not know her name as yet.

tbmrt: and Captain Panos Mantzavinos will be the master on board.

Thanks Jim for Reflection update..

Would anyone have a brief description of the bands on the Silhouette (style of music-- for example, one of the groups is clearly jazz by their name but could be anything from smooth jazz to be-bop, and the dj could be playing anything from electronica to country) and their impressions of how good they were? Thanks in advance!

Where is Lionel a captains club host?

Lionel was on the Summit Canada/New England cruises as a co-host with Ashley. He was scheduled for vacation but was ask to stay onboard because of the large number of Elite & Elite + members. I think he was heading off on vacation after the last sailing but I don't remember what ship he was returning to.

Just off the 10/12/2015 Constellation sailing. Maria, newly promoted from Guest Relations, was the CC Hostess. It was her first cruise as hostess. Don't know if she is vacation relief or not.

Would anyone have a brief description of the bands on the Silhouette (style of music-- for example, one of the groups is clearly jazz by their name but could be anything from smooth jazz to be-bop, and the dj could be playing anything from electronica to country) and their impressions of how good they were? Thanks in advance!

Google "The Spitfires Party Band". Pretty good.

Jonette from the Philippines is in CS, based on her Facebook posts.

Rick

We are presently on the Equinox and Alejandro will takeover from Rick as cruise director tomorrow (October 27). Rich states he will have two weeks off before heading to the Silhouette.

Would appreciate your input on the Equinox house band, DJ and other current entertainment.

Thanks!

Do you know when Capt Panos will be rejoining Equinox? We sail on the 9th and would be very pleased if he was back.

Do you know when Capt Panos will be rejoining Equinox? We sail on the 9th and would be very pleased if he was back.

For now I only know that he will be on EQ on the 20th. I'll let you know if I hear anything from my spies.... ;)