New Princess livery ugly?

Ian Kennedy

I actually like it and prefer it over the trend of the other colorful hull art that is out there. But then again, I'm not a huge fan of all white ships. This is one reason I really like the Holland American and Disney ships.

There's several extremely long thread about the new livery. (well, not so new not, 6+ months on Royal, etc) Like it or not, it's going on every ship, supposedly.

Personally, I happen to like it - a lot.

Either way, makes no difference overall as we'll continue to sail Princess whether they paint all the hulls or not.

When I first saw the new livery I didn't really like it. But it's grown on me. I like it now and think it will help Princess stand out and be easily recognized.

It is tasteful and is just a larger version of their logo.

I prefer a ship that looks like one. I prefer the elegance of an all white ship, and definitely don't care for the Aida or NCL ships, with their garish designs. That's just my taste, though, and will probably be outnumbered quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

While I greatly prefer the plain white hull the Sea Witch logo is vastly less offensive than the "decorations" on many other lines. It really doesn't matter one way or the other what I think as Princess has decided this is how they are going to proceed and I am a "pretty, pretty, Princess" when it comes to cruising. We will continue to cruse with Princess whether we particularly care for the new livery or not. It certainly won't affect our cruising pleasure and we won't even be able to see it when onboard.

I'm with the "who cares" crowd. I love Princess, they use my home port, but I have been on several other lines and never really was bothered by either their colorful hulls or halls. Yes, I notice the difference but I'm on vacation for a week or two, we're not living on the ship. Frankly I find Princess interiors on the bland side with everything always beige. Every hall looks identical regardless if it's an older ship or a new ship. Some call it classy, I just find it bland.

I like the new Sea Witch design on the bow and the new ships' ability to play The Love Boat theme. The design is superior to what I have observed on Aida and NCL ships.

My feelings exactly. Compare the OP's photo side by side with some of those lines' Modern Art Masterpieces and you will see what "ugly" and "tacky" are really like.

I was surveyed by Princess about it and was shown multiple designs to vote on and offer likes/dislikes for each.

The one I voted for is the one they went with. Must be just because I voted for it! [emoji6]

Wish my vote worked that way over the years of voting for politicians... [emoji15]

I like it clean cut look about it nothing too fancy like the ships that are covered in pretty paintings(So they think) now those look tatty.The Princess one is individual and clean cut.Just my opinion for what its worth;);)