Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

An interesting view from the MC looking forward.

enhance

The way the bow extends out is wider than I imagined. I really hope there will be no public access. Those forward deck 6 cabins have less downward view than those partially obstructed by the life boats!

We're booked in an S3, deck 10 on forward side, trying to figure out how they divide 4 suites across 3 "openings". Would love a photo that would clear this up. Thanks!

Sent from my P00C using Forums mobile app

This is the way I think they are divided - a slider with the two larger panels and then a smaller window panel for each suite. I have labeled the 11th deck S3's. I'm not sure yet if they can be connected. The aft S1's can be, so hopefully these will be able to be connected as well, if desired. What a large, beautiful balcony you would have if all were connected! :D

enhance

I do have to say that the apparent dividers for the 4 S3's are difficult to figure out. In the picture below, I have pointed out what I think makes sense for dividing them up with the blue arrows (3 windows per suite), but there appears to be some sort of partition marked by the red arrows. If those are partitions, it would make the two center suite balconies smaller, which doesn't make sense. I would go with the first picture divisions until proven otherwise. Maybe we will get more pictures at an angle to tell for sure. :D

enhance

Edited by vtcruising

This is the way I think they are divided - a slider with the two larger panels and then a smaller window panel for each suite. I have labeled the 11th deck S3's. I'm not sure yet if they can be connected. The aft S1's can be, so hopefully these will be able to be connected as well, if desired. What a large, beautiful balcony you would have if all were connected! :D

enhance

I do have to say that the apparent dividers for the 4 S3's are difficult to figure out. In the picture below, I have pointed out what I think makes sense for dividing them up with the blue arrows (3 windows per suite), but there appears to be some sort of partition marked by the red arrows. If those are partitions, it would make the two center suite balconies smaller, which doesn't make sense. I would go with the first picture divisions until proven otherwise. Maybe we will get more pictures at an angle to tell for sure. :D

enhance

Thanks a lot! I think your blue arrows are right one, and the red lines are just like the poles in the port and starboard S1s and S2s. If so, we lucked out being on the end: no pole and a "window" facing forward on the deck. Nice. Thanks again for the photo and analysis.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

The way the bow extends out is wider than I imagined. I really hope there will be no public access. Those forward deck 6 cabins have less downward view than those partially obstructed by the life boats!

I am sorry to report this, since I know it will be upsetting for some, but I found these explanation boxes today when looking at deck plans for deck 6 (they were not there the last time I checked, as far as I know). It describes a metal walkway past all cabins from 6124 forward starboard and 6125 forward port side, but unsure if it is just for crew or will be public.

I know we had seen these previously, but some had thought they might be temporary walkways used during the building process.

enhance

enhance

VT, what I find annoying is that Celebrity should have known about walkway in front of 1A etc before booking began. These and davit and lifeboat deck 6 cabins should have been listed as partially obstructed from the beginning. If we could figure this out from simply studying deck plans, they could too. That said, I do like IV cabin, a bit spartan in design but nice connection to ocean and bright. Also love arm chairs and arm on sofa.... DH has bad knees and needs that support to stand.

Thanks to all the good folks who have been providing such great photos of the Celebrity Edge, especially Lloyd555. From her early beginnings to the present day we have been kept up-to-date with her progress, as she has grown into the proud lady she is. The latest photos, including a tender moment with the boss man, are indicative of what awaits those of us fortunate to be among her first passengers. We will continue to enjoy our introduction to this lovely vessel and when we step aboard her on 1/27/2019 to begin our voyage, perhaps there will be a familiar recognition of the good times to come.

Wonder if the Infinite veranda has a hair dryer. I liked the makeup table that was in the other style of ships cabins. Hope a decent spot for ladies to do hair and makeup- Other then the bathroom.

Bathroom looks really upscale..no more splashy sinks! I think that space looks quite well done,..enough storage there for us.

Frankly, I am underwhemed by the furnishings of that Inf Veranda cabin It does not look like my idea of modern luxury. More like a hostel or dorm room.

The Veranda furniture looks like Fla lanai furniture style 20 yrs ago..with what looks like a small table...Hope AQ will have a foot stool.. maybe the round thing next to sofa is one??? .and the table will be larger and higher than it appears so we can use it as a place to eat breakfast.

The chair in the cabin is at a small surface..perhaps a pull out but has, legs perhaps for a lap top? Tight space around bed and little desk ...ours will be bed by veranda...maybe easier?????

Edited by hcat

Some early pictures from the Edge shipyard visits, courtesy of Sue Bryant, cruise editor of the Sunday Times

Chandelier in the Grand Plaza

edgegrandplaza.jpg

Eden

edgeeden.jpg

Inside a tender w/ Richard Fain

edgetender.jpg

My take:

Love these shots.....tenders look first class! Won't be packing us across bench seating. Eden windows are cool looking; it will be a very nice and bright space. The chandelier is very beautiful...upscale but not too glitzy!

Wonder if the Infinite veranda has a hair dryer. I liked the makeup table that was in the other style of ships cabins. Hope a decent spot for ladies to do hair and makeup- Other then the bathroom.

https://britsonaship.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/edgeiv.jpg

That pull out table in front of the lighted mirror... is the vanity. Not a large table top... Now, I am hoping that the dresser is deeper and wider than in the S class. I am hoping, frankly that they have storage space instead of a fridge... but my guess is that the fridge is still there with a drawer on top for hair dryer and safe in the closet ... instead of over the fridge.

I am guess that the drawer is deeper than on s class... because they do not have a coffee table which would normally be between dresser and sofa. guessing width of cabin the same as S class so if dresser deeper... less room for coffee table... anyway that is my guess.

The pics of the IV are disappointing since it looks like the final product is true to the renderings with no cubbies over the dresser area, no coffee table (where do you put a breakfast tray for two? - maybe need to remove everything from the dresser/desk area?), very small side table next to the couch, small balcony table and uncomfortable looking balcony chairs.:confused: Wish there were some pics of the closet.

Carole

Oops...

649696945590c58b0399e7de18d5d0f3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

No worries, all table settings will be bio-degradable regardless of their appearance! ;p

Any resemblance to sterling silver, bone china and lead crystal glasses are purely co-incidental and need not be thought of as real items... LOL

bon appetite & bon voyage

Great pictures everyone that contributed. Thanks for sharing.

Assuming that the Magic Carpet will be used while the ship is moving, do you think the side glass panels could be higher for better wind protection? Or was the thought to make them like the standard balcony height? Thoughts anyone?

WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW, WOW

AMAZING photographs and information/

Thank you SO much to everyone who is posting - to Lloyd especially

Have to say we were not keen on the exterior of the ship but she is turning in to a beauty

:-)

Great pictures everyone that contributed. Thanks for sharing.

Assuming that the Magic Carpet will be used while the ship is moving, do you think the side glass panels could be higher for better wind protection? Or was the thought to make them like the standard balcony height? Thoughts anyone?

looks like high in the front but on the side... railing height. I wonder if they will use MC for diner/lunch.... when either in port or when going between two islands that are close...ie low speed. Also not when wind is high.. I think it would be uncomfortable with 35 mile per hour wind coming from the side.