Concierge v Deluxe Balcony

capegirl

Is it worth paying extra for the Concierge cabins?

Depends on the class of ship and how much extra. M class ships have better options as far as room size for concierge while S class ships do not. If an S class ship I wouldn't pay more than $100 more per person per cruise. Most of the perks are not a big deal and mostly advertising fluff.

What Don said. On the M class ships the CC cabins are bigger so that is worth the extra money. The rest of the benefits of CC are not worth the extra money unless you are chasing Captains Club points. You get 5 points per night in CC and 3 in a balcony.

As long as it's only a few bucks more. You're getting a cheap bottle of bubbly, a few pieces of fruit and a foot stool on the balcony. Other than the additional CC points the other stuff is just fluff. And you get a gold key card that lets everyone know you probably paid too much.

I love Concierge status and wouldn't sail in any lesser cabin. In addition to the welcome bubbly and fruit in cabin, there are:

--Embarkation lunch in the MDR (no buffet crowd hassles)

--Daily canapés (tiny, but nice) in your cabin

--Concierge lounge with coffee, tea, pastries at Disembarkation (no hunting for a spot to wait to disembark)

--Dedicated on board Concierge (who was very helpful during my last Thanksgiving cruise)

Yes the Concierge cabins are larger on M class ships. They are better located on the S Class ships.

The only changes I would ever consider would be Aqua or Suite class on future cruises.

Perhaps it might assist your decision-making if you ignore the word Deluxe when thinking about the balcony cabin. Celebrity uses Deluxe to describe every balcony cabin category from 2D to 1A.

I agree with many of the earlier posters - the extra features of the Concierge cabin are of little importance to me. Location of available balcony and concierge cabins may be a big consideration for you.

It's not worth it to me. I'm not impressed with the embarkation lunch menu. I'd rather eat in the buffet. The foot stool is NBD. I bring the desk chair out if I want a foot stool. The Concierge and Veranda cabins are basically the same, except some of the Veranda cabins have larger balconies. I think Concierge is supposed to get better robes, but we don't use the robes. You would get extra Captains Club points, that might be worth it will move you to the next category.

If the price is right, I would consider a move up to Aqua class so I could try Blu.

It's not worth it to me. I'm not impressed with the embarkation lunch menu. I'd rather eat in the buffet. The foot stool is NBD. I bring the desk chair out if I want a foot stool. The Concierge and Veranda cabins are basically the same, except some of the Veranda cabins have larger balconies. I think Concierge is supposed to get better robes, but we don't use the robes. You would get extra Captains Club points, that might be worth it will move you to the next category.

If the price is right, I would consider a move up to Aqua class so I could try Blu.

I don't get the appeal of the foot stools, could probably find a dozen things in the cabin you could use. If they come with the cabin that's fine but we've seen people on this board booking the Concierge cabin because of the foot stool. Each to his own.

I am definitely a foot stool fan! On sea day heavy cruises, I spend hours and hours and hours sitting out on my balcony reading or just taking in the sights (I am not a pool person). The footstools make it so much more comfortable. I have certainly sailed without them and lived to tell the tale, but I love them. Would I pay extra $$ for them? Not unless we were talking chump change. I have been known to prop my feet on the side of the balcony or drag a chair out there if need be.

For me personally, I would only choose CC over any other lower level balcony on M class ships to get the bigger room, or if the price were very close to the same. I would consider also paying a bit more if the location was significantly better, but that is rarely the case unless I can score a CC1 on the hump (when I am traveling 3 to a cabin; otherwise it is definitely AQ for me).

I love Concierge status and wouldn't sail in any lesser cabin. In addition to the welcome bubbly and fruit in cabin, there are:

--Embarkation lunch in the MDR (no buffet crowd hassles)

--Daily canapés (tiny, but nice) in your cabin

--Concierge lounge with coffee, tea, pastries at Disembarkation (no hunting for a spot to wait to disembark)

--Dedicated on board Concierge (who was very helpful during my last Thanksgiving cruise)

Yes the Concierge cabins are larger on M class ships. They are better located on the S Class ships.

The only changes I would ever consider would be Aqua or Suite class on future cruises.

In my eyes you are right. Others may only look at cost.

It would depend on the cost difference. Some may be willing to pay the extra if they are chasing points.

Don’t let the priority privedge fool you either as it seems everyone on board has a priority of some sort and it is almost useless.

On the S Class CC doesn’t offer much more than fluff but sometimes there are promos that offer one or two perks or more SBC for CC and above where the extra cost is worth paying. I have actually seen CC cabins for less than a regular balcony.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Don't get too hung up on the cabin name, that's just marketing......We always try to book a larger balcony.

On S class a 1A cabin on the slant beats a "regular" C cabin everytime.

On M class try to get a "sweet 16" with a double deep balcony.

Don't get too hung up on the cabin name, that's just marketing......We always try to book a larger balcony.

Would you please refresh our memories re: which are the sweet 16 cabins? I believe they are on deck 6 at the front but don't remember the cabin number range. TIA

We had Concierge Class on one of our sailings. I agree with previous posters alot of advertising fluff. Luncheon to me is nothing special I’d rather hit the buffet a little later. I really dont want to board the ship and rush to sit down in the MDR. Need a cocktail or two and decompress to start my vacation and then explore the ship. Canapés are really not much of anything. Robes we really never wear and footstools well ok if you are sitting on balcony for hours on end.

I mean nice gestures but not enough for me to pay another $100 a person. This is just my two cents worth.

Didn't see anyone mention it but you get better and more stuff on room service menu, If you ever use it is way better than the standard menu. I know cause my wife tends to use it a lot on sea days.

Actually, there’s not much difference anymore.

I also book for the balconies. On a Hawaii cruise next year, the 1A cabins were/are $200 more per person than a C3. I try to book a C2 (at the C3 price) on the hump (equiv to a 1A but higher up) primarily for the points. I'm a solo cruiser and take longer cruises. The 10 pts/night in concierge vs 6/night in a regular balcony is worth $100-$200 to me and that's usually what it costs.

A buddy just got off the Reflection a few days ago and sent me photos and it is a difference from what I had seen the prior year. More egg dishes and better lunch menu with more sawwiches and even a few burgers to pick from.

Didn't see anyone mention it but you get better and more stuff on room service menu, If you ever use it is way better than the standard menu. I know cause my wife tends to use it a lot on sea days.

Do they do full english breakfast or only continental?