Anthem of the Seas Diamond Plus Shows in Theater?

Jimbo

Priority seating at theater ......Diamond Plus

How does that work on that ship? Do you still have to reserve shows ahead of time or can that be done through the Concierge once onboard?

Jimbo:):)

How does that work on that ship? Do you still have to reserve shows ahead of time or can that be done through the Concierge once onboard?

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any D+ seating in theater.... I'm D+ and was only sailing in a JS.

Another question, how does the free drinks now work for happy hour on Anthem. Haven't cruised on RCCL since 2015.I know things have changed?

If only one person in the cabin is Diamond Plus and the other passenger is not are they allowed in lounge also for free drinks?

Jimbo:)

Another question, how does the free drinks now work for happy hour on Anthem. Haven't cruised on RCCL since 2015.I know things have changed?

If only one person in the cabin is Diamond Plus and the other passenger is not are they allowed in lounge also for free drinks?

No they aren't....but you can easily use the pre-loaded 3 drinks on your SeaPass card at many of the bars during the happy hour timeframe.

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any D+ seating in theater.... I'm D+ and was only sailing in a JS.

Interesting. We were on the Oasis and although the seating said "Reserved for Pinnacle and Suite Guests", we were told by the person guarding the section that it also included Diamond+ folks. We've sailed twice on Oasis now and that's always been the case. No sign but D+ included. Theater, Aqua Theater etc...

I don't know if this is true on all ships.

No - and they never were. You do get three free drinks loaded onto your card that you can use at any bar, so you can join your cabin mate for drinks there. Only good for drinks available in the lounge.

Have seen it on various ships many times. Have they changed it recently? Were on Rhapsody in June 2018 and they allowed it.

Who really knows the ruling?

From memory. On Oasis class, there are 2 rows in the 2nd level (center) assigned to D+. Also 2 rows assigned to D+ in the AquaTheatre. Did not see special D+ in the Ice Skating Arena.

Anthem, same as Oasis for the main theatre.

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

Interesting. We were on the Oasis and although the seating said "Reserved for Pinnacle and Suite Guests", we were told by the person guarding the section that it also included Diamond+ folks. We've sailed twice on Oasis now and that's always been the case. No sign but D+ included. Theater, Aqua Theater etc...

I don't know if this is true on all ships.

Know few other ships have Diamond + seats. Serenade and Brilliance have sign with seating next to the Pinnacle and Suites. I don't use it, up in Balcony at back of the Theater...

Have seen it on various ships many times. Have they changed it recently? Were on Rhapsody in June 2018 and they allowed it.

Who really knows the ruling?

As with many policies, there are three versions:

1. the official RCI line

2. what most people experience

3. and the outlier

None of those changed recently regarding DL access.

1. the official RCI line

3. and the outlier

None of those changed recently regarding DL access.

Thanks for the official clarification. LOL

From memory. On Oasis class, there are 2 rows in the 2nd level (center) assigned to D+. Also 2 rows assigned to D+ in the AquaTheatre. Did not see special D+ in the Ice Skating Arena.

Anthem, same as Oasis for the main theatre.

All my sailings in different classes thus far have been like you say above re the theatre.

In the ice rink the PN/D+ seating is first two rows on the left side (port side) of the rink as you walk in. Depending on ship/CD, sometimes there's a separate "line" of Suite/PN/D+ they allow in first to get the primo seats (ie. facing forward rather than the side). I have also noted once during a high PN/D+ cruise (Harmony) they did not allow D+ into this seating as there were too many C&A cruisers to deal with, taking away seats from suite guests.

1. the official RCI line

3. and the outlier

Biker, this is the best answer ever... this could be the answer to almost any thread you see here on CC.

Re "priority"seating in theatre

Jewel

DSC00551_zps2j2rmkkk.jpg

Brilliance (2 months ago)

IMG_4993_zpsin7tmrui.jpg

I can go back further into my photos in other ships but likely RCL has changed every sign in the fleet yesterday.... and will change them again in September. :rolleyes:

I did not see any signs for Suite access for shows on the 8/4 sailing of the Anthem, but we never got there early enough for it to make a difference. ;)

My card was purple. Is this brand brand new or super special suites? : )

Also, FWIW, the concierge in the Diamond lounge was not letting in friends, cabin mates, kid brothers... no D, no entry.

No D+ access to suite seating in the theater, suite lounge , or concierge access on this ship. Only if you are gold card in a GS or higher.

I've always been able to go to the D+, Pinnacle, Suite seating on Anthem, both in the theater and 270. (17 cruises) I've also gone nightly to the CL lounge on deck 12. Has something changed since May?

Can Diamond Plus go in the Concierge lounge on Anthem?

Yes...we could (this past October) as D+ it had a nice view...(and it's own convenient restroom) but thought it was in a strange location so far aft and past cabins. The DL we didn't care for at all.

I did not see any signs for Suite access for shows on the 8/4 sailing of the Anthem, but we never got there early enough for it to make a difference. ;)

My card was purple. Is this brand brand new or super special suites? : )

Also, FWIW, the concierge in the Diamond lounge was not letting in friends, cabin mates, kid brothers... no D, no entry.

Been on the Anthem 3 times and the Quantum once and the concierge never checked my tier status . Once I scan my seapass to enter the DL we simply try to find a decent seat to enjoy our appetizers and drink. Most of the times we wind up in the overflow area of the Music Box.

Been on the Anthem 3 times and the Quantum once and the concierge never checked my tier status . Once I scan my seapass to enter the DL we simply try to find a decent seat to enjoy our appetizers and drink. Most of the times we wind up in the overflow area of the Music Box.

I know that it varies from concierge to concierge and sailing to sailing but Leroy was not trifling on Aug. 4:D when I was there, he asked every single person to show their card. He got “my mother/father; my cabinmate; my kid isn’t using their card” and he didn’t let anyone in without the D. The D lounge was mobbed.

The concierge lounge, OTOH, was empty and had two entrances. Would have been a better place to try that:p