Water cartons are here! At least on Solstice

cruisestitch

$ 3.50

Glad we have the bev package!

Great til they discontinue soda!

Have Classic beverage package on Equinox. Will we still get bottled water or should I bring an empty water container with me

Have Classic beverage package on Equinox. Will we still get bottled water or should I bring an empty water container with me

Bring your own water. We always bring our own -- just slap a luggage tag on it and give it to the porters at the pier. When we are in Europe, we always bring those 1.5 liter 6 packs and just put a luggage tag on it. They're only around 2-3 Euro.

Bring your own water. We always bring our own -- just slap a luggage tag on it and give it to the porters at the pier. When we are in Europe, we always bring those 1.5 liter 6 packs and just put a luggage tag on it. They're only around 2-3 Euro.

Sorry- am flying in to port. Not possible

Drink beer and wine like they did ages ago because of the water quality and don’t worry about it. 🍻🍷

Drink up 🍷🍹🍻🍺🍸🥂🍾

Haha, I was going through this thread and was literally about to say the same thing. You beat me to it!

There have been many posts and threads about this over the years...some say it isn't so to the bloating believers, but I for one always puffed up and gave up the ship's water years ago...Result: No bloat!

The amount of salt that could possibly be in any water compared to the salt in prepared food at any trough onboard in microscopic

The bloaters aren’t all that realistic

Wonder if they go this route, will they ban plastic water bottles from being brought on the ship? If they are trying to eliminate plastic water bottles onboard the ships, it would be foolish to allow passengers to bring them on.

I don’t think the ship is concerned with plastic being brought on, its cutting down on their purchasing of it, is my bet.

As to ship water and bring water. Blaming ‘bloating’ and too much salt on ship water has been posted hundreds of times and can never be disproven to those that insist it is the cause. Go ahead and bring your water bottles, but if it’s distilled, its the same as the ship’s. The ship’s water is purer then almost any city water and most bottled water. I realize it comes from saltwater, but it isn’t saline at all. If it was, it would damages the entire ship’s systems beyond adding salt to you. It isn’t so it won’t ‘damage’ you. It’s the same or less salty than anything you can buy.

But nothing will convence people not to buy useless bottled water. Go for it. Spend money on it; lug it; tag it; store it. You’ll feel better and thats the point of the cruise, and know-it-alls such as myself will never convence you not to do it.

I buy bottled water, but that’s because I live in Florida Panhandle and ready for hurricanes......oh no, I said that banned word!

Den

Wonder if they go this route, will they ban plastic water bottles from being brought on the ship? If they are trying to eliminate plastic water bottles onboard the ships, it would be foolish to allow passengers to bring them on.

BINGO!! We have a winner.

(Rant starting)

I have been watching this thread from afar... and really didn't want to dip my toe into this quagmire. However, many of the responses by any number of folks leads me to believe that almost nobody cares about the environment when the change being made is "inconvenient". At my employer, the cafeteria vendor provides a "GREENWARE" range of products, both plastic and paper, for use when obtaining beverages and food. These products are disposed of as part of our compost waste because they are biodegradable. Even the straws (feels like plastic) are plant based and biodegradable. There is a strong employee culture to do the right thing, including proper recycling and finding better alternatives when creating waste. Do all employees do right to follow the rules? Of course not, but the bins are available, clearly labeled (even with pictures if you are unsure) and employees are given all the tools to do right by the environment. After that, it is your choice if you care enough to do the right thing. However, with that said, I have heard from folks at the location where the waste is sorted that if the waste is not better sorted by individuals when it is created, it creates other problems and issues the defeat the ability to be effective in this endeavor.

Hence, I do see cruise lines changing rules over time to eliminate the ability to bring your own case of water onto the ship. While the ship infrastructure and staff are their to provide a service to you during the cruise, they don't have to be responsible for all of the "waste" that a cruiser will bring on board the ship through things like a case of water and the empty bottles that are left behind.

(Rant over)

I do hope that a happy medium can be found that does more than pay "lip service" to LLP and Celebrity to feel good about something that really doesn't make a dent in the problem.

Go ahead and bring your water bottles, but if it’s distilled, its the same as the ship’s. The ship’s water is purer then almost any city water and most bottled water. I realize it comes from saltwater, but it isn’t saline at all. If it was, it would damages the entire ship’s systems beyond adding salt to you. It isn’t so it won’t ‘damage’ you. It’s the same or less salty than anything you can buy.

Den

You see now normally I might agree with this as on all but our last cruise we have drunk the ships "tap" water in the MDR at meal times rather than bottled water. To us water is pretty much water and although we are on the premium drinks package we see no need to have a bottle of Evian at meal times, just wine. However on our last cruise, on the Constellation, the assistant waiter came to the table on the first night and poured the water, my wife drank some, looked at me to try it so I did and as I raised the glass, it just smelt like a swimming pool, I took a sip and it tasted awful, even leaving a slight catch in the back of the throat. The waiter assured that the ships water met all standards, however I told him we had been on every Celebrity ship and at no time had the water ever tasted so strongly of chlorine. No problem for use we just had, for the first time ever in the MDR, bottled water. We were not the only ones as we noticed nearly every other table in our section of the MDR were doing the same, something was clearly not right and thats how it stayed for most of the cruise. The ship eventually running out of Evian before the end of the cruise.

I'm hoping that was a one off event.

I may be wrong but I think that the ship loads up with potable water to use when in port if possible. That may be the cause of discrepancies in taste. They only use water processsed from sea water when necessary.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Hcat and others

Just as people drink directly from plastic bottles w/o straws, so they are drinking directly from the cartons35d9a2226c04d30471ec170f61017381.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, but I won't be doing that...nor do I guzzle milk from the carton in my refrig.. bet alot of spillage as well..! Ick!

So far no more spillage than drinking from plastic water bottle I got on shore. You can always pour from the carton to a glass or mug. ymmv.

Esp on an excercise bike elliptical or on an excursion...

We'll deal with it when we have to...

Water is a high profit item for Celebrity. The tap water in most places is ok. Why should a cruise ship have bad water? If the water filtration system is maintained, the water should be just fine. If the cruise line really wanted to be green it would eliminate selling water.

What I could never understand is why people always put the cap back on a bottle of water? When they drink a beer they don’t put the twist cap back on it and the same with a soft drink.

What are they afraid of? Spilling the water? I am more concerned about spilling my beer.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I just don't get it. The part you drink out of is pretty much EXACTLY the same as a water bottle. Why wouldn't someone drink from it, assuming they would drink from a water bottle. I know some people use straws for everything but most of us don't.

We did the “water tasting “ today (for real). It was set up in Wine Cellars just like a wine tasting, so glasses set up pre-poured with 3 different waters. There was a survey with questions about bottled water usage as well as what we thought of the new packaging. I do have to give Celebrity credit for surveying passengers. We gave feedback on the packaging. One of the waters was definitely at a more chilled temperature than the other two, not sure if this was purposely done to influence our choice of taste. The three different waters included in the blind taste were tap, new packaged water, and Evian. Once we completed the survey we were given an onboard credit that paid for a wine tasting we attended earlier in the week.

They seem to be taking the feedback seriously about the packaging. My husband asked if we could take one of the new cartons apart to look at the inside, and we noticed a foil type liner. More information needed on what the liner is made of.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did the “water tasting “ today (for real). It was set up in Wine Cellars just like a wine tasting, so glasses set up pre-poured with 3 different waters. There was a survey with questions about bottled water usage as well as what we thought of the new packaging. I do have to give Celebrity credit for surveying passengers. We gave feedback on the packaging. One of the waters was definitely at a more chilled temperature than the other two, not sure if this was purposely done to influence our choice of taste. The three different waters included in the blind taste were tap, new packaged water, and Evian. Once we completed the survey we were given an onboard credit that paid for a wine tasting we attended earlier in the week.

They seem to be taking the feedback seriously about the packaging. My husband asked if we could take one of the new cartons apart to look at the inside, and we noticed a foil type liner. More information needed on what the liner is made of.

Hello? We need more information. What were the results. Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

d asked if we could take one of the new cartons apart to look at the inside, and we noticed a foil type liner. More information needed on what the liner is made of.

My guess is lead. 😱🤗. Make it as elegant as drinking from lead crystal.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

My husband asked if we could take one of the new cartons apart to look at the inside, and we noticed a foil type liner. More information needed on what the liner is made of. Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok. So now the container is made from three different types of material (plastic spout/cap, treated paper construction, and some sort of thin polymer (mylar?) liner). Recycling that container is sure going to be easy!!:confused::D

Expect the price of water to go up.

My guess is lead. . Make it as elegant as drinking from lead crystal.

Happy cruising

I like the image of the water containers being shaped like classic ship's decanter. We would all look so elegant on Chic Nights, quaffing packaged water, and getting our lead poisoning in style.

https://www.amazon.com/Waterford-Lismore-Decanter-Crystal-Ireland/dp/B078R85J1T?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B078R85J1T

Now, that's Modern Luxury.

Hello? We need more information. What were the results. Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

Please tell! Boarding in a week's time, wonder if they will still be offering 'water' tasting...

I like the image of the water containers being shaped like classic ship's decanter. We would all look so elegant on Chic Nights, quaffing packaged water, and getting our lead poisoning in style.

https://www.amazon.com/Waterford-Lismore-Decanter-Crystal-Ireland/dp/B078R85J1T?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B078R85J1T

Now, that's Modern Luxury.

Somehow I do not think you drink that much water to worry about lead poisoning... LOL

bon voyage