Captain's Club Website updated NOW

omeinv

Yes, you woul be Diamond on RCCL when you are Elite on Celebrity. The status is transferrable, but the points are not. If and when I take my first RCCL cruise, I will be Diamond, with 0 points on RCCL.

Why does anyone care how many points they have, if they already have reciprocity?

Just curious...maybe nobody does.

So Celebrity has removed the links to their new programs but they still left the templates up for their new programs. Pretty easy to figure out their URL's scheme by looking at the address.

Here is the template for Zenith. If is not there then they have read this and took it down. (looks like a copy of Elite)

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do#captains_club_tier_elite/captainsclub/membershipTierDetails.do%3Fpagename=captains_club_tier_zenith

Can you guess for elite plus? or should I say elite_plus?

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do#captains_club_tier_elite/captainsclub/membershipTierDetails.do%3Fpagename=captains_club_tier_elite_plus

No I am not a web designer I just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

Based on your URLs i went to the elite page...and it has the new credits listed lol

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do#captains_club_tier_elite/captainsclub/membershipTierDetails.do%3Fpagename=captains_club_tier_elite

300-749 points.

We have currently have 7 points (4 cruises, 2 were 14 days and one in Concierge), but it works out to 42 days.

So, if the conversion is 42 days x 7 points (which someone says likely won't be the case) we would have 294 points.

If it is current points x 30 then 7 current points x 30 = 210.

I think the first way benefits those who sail less cruises but longer cruises.

I have no idea what they will do, but obviously, based on the above, would love the days x points conversion, but as someone pointed out, I won't hold my breath!! :D

We are 3 points away from Elite right now, all of which are already booked cruises (so would have been elite after our cruises next Nov), so all I want is still to be Elite after those 3 cruises are done. I know that isn't guaranteed, and I won't say I would stop sailing Celebrity if that doesn't happen, but I will be disappointed if that isn't the case.

Hey, I'd have 4000 points with you method. I cruise Celebrity a lot and I am not even close to being near the currently anticipated Zenith level. Your math has no logic to it.

So getting to Elite plus gets you $50 of additional Internet, a specialty restaurant discount that is generally offered anyway, and free coffee.

No big deal.

I'm surprised that there isn't an additional tier between 750 and 3000.

For someone like me that has 810 points, there isn't any incentive within reach to aspire to.

Not all of the website changes are gone. See X, Captains Club -> Benefits -> Elite still shows Elite as 300-749 points. As stated there were no conversions mentioned…(and I looked everywhere, under terms & conditions, etc) Only the Photos of Tiers had the new point requirements listed. The 30 points for 1 tier credit was an "educated guess" by OP and makes the most sense that the critical breakpoint (to become Elite) is the same. 10 x 30 = 300. Same with making Select. Using days makes it more difficult in a number of situations.

Spot on but the "Classic" tab also shows the new 2 - 149 points. But only on the US .com site

So getting to Elite plus gets you $50 of additional Internet, a specialty restaurant discount that is generally offered anyway, and free coffee.

No big deal.

For someone like me that has 810 points, there isn't any incentive within reach to aspire to.

Is it me or does elite and elite plus have the same internet offering (90 minutes). You'd think they'd raise it for elite plus....

wait nevermind...it would appear these templates are just copies of eachother ;-) That's what we get for creative searching.

Edited by ariawoman

No big deal.

I don't see the big deal in the perks with. There is the same large gap on RCI between Diamond Plus and Pinnacle which makes me think that the programs will be similar.

Don't worry about the zenith level the benefits don't look that good

Zenith Member Benefits

lorem impsum, doleor aknijuwoi[ slajfodiu0pi0iefr bhdahundsa;fdal'

sjfjahfisfisjfkjahtueihuibvajf;foiasjfiojsaiofjoisajfioejfoiaejfioewjfoijioejoiaoijiofjoiweasjfjahfisfisjfkjahtueihuibvajf;foiasjfiojsaiofjoisaj

sjfjahfisfisjfkjahtueihuibvajf;foiasjfiojsaiofjoisajfioejfoiaejfioewjfoijioejoiaoijiofjoiwea

sjfjahfisfisjfkjahtueihuibvajf;foiasjfiojsaiofjoisajfioejfoiaejfioewjfoijioejoiaoijiofjoiwea

fioejfoiaejfioewjfoijioejoiaoijiofjoiwea

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do#captains_club_tier_elite/captainsclub/membershipTierDetails.do%3Fpagename=captains_club_tier_zenith

Us to. We also joined when you had to pay and credits were 1 point per cruise. They didn't have Concierge Class cabins and even longer cruises were 1 point.

I think we should also automatically become Zenith.

ITA!!! We have been cruising Celebrity since 1990. Elite use to mean something back in the day. They should also want to keep the orignal Elite's happy, too.

No big deal.

Is it me or does elite and elite plus have the same internet offering (90 minutes). You'd think they'd raise it for elite plus....

wait nevermind...it would appear these templates are just copies of eachother ;-) That's what we get for creative searching.

Our Elite Plus members** In recognition of our most devoted Elite members, we have created Elite Plus - delivering a higher level of recognition with greater benefits, including additional beverage and specialty dining discounts, complimentary 200-minute internet package, cappuccinos, lattes, and more.

I still have the now taken down benefit page open on my computer.

Any other questions?

If I am correct someone D+ on RCCL would not have access to Michael Club on CC ? The D+ equivalent would have the use of coupons like what RCCL is possibly going to do , three drinks a day at certain bars at certain times of the day.

The new system is no better than the old. I have 19 cruise credits, 134 actual sailing days on X. The cruiser that takes 10, 3 night Bahama hops, 30 days at sea, which equals 10 cruise credits is also Elite. Big difference between 30 days and 134 days. Why didn't Celebrity switch over to an actual days at sea system? Another question: Why didn't D+ become E+?

Nobody knows. Stay tuned.

Just an idea but what about 25 points for every "old" point plus a bonus of 50 points for all existing club members at any level.

If i do the maths (and yes in the UK we have an s at the end of math) everyone would retain the same level and the distance from the next level however any future members would take longer to get to each stage

For example

Current 10 points = 10 x 25 + 50 = 300 For existing But 12 x 25 = 300 for new

Current 8 points = 8 x 25 + 50 =250 (which is still 2 x25 short)

current 1 point = 1 x 25 + 50 = 75 ( which is still 9 x 25 short of elite)

result

Celebrity keeps us all happy

Harder for new members and restricts growth of elites etc

high points value give range of marketing options

just an idea VIEWS?

Stuart

X is going out on a limb thinking you'll stick with them in future nonetheless. ;)

The new system is no better than the old. I have 19 cruise credits, 134 actual sailing days on X. The cruiser that takes 10, 3 night Bahama hops, 30 days at sea, which equals 10 cruise credits is also Elite. Big difference between 30 days and 134 days. Why didn't Celebrity switch over to an actual days at sea system? Another question: Why didn't D+ become E+?

It appears that nobody knows whether they do or not yet (except for some people at X).

No big deal.

I think we have to wait to see what the perks are for elite plus. I agree, if it's only what you suggest, there is not a great deal of incentive to become elite plus....and I have no intention of cruising on any cruise line enough to get to 3000 points. If I use 30:1, we have just over 1000 points so we'll probably enjoy and appreciate whatever additional perks come with elite plus.

Edited by ghstudio

But I am not convinced that the new way will necessarily make it more difficult to become Elite. I suspect that it is more focused on creating new improved higher levels.

I am not sure about what you said.

Let said I have 7 points when it converted to the new systemI will get 210 plus 50 bonus point equal to 260 points,you may need to cruise 6 times of 7nights cruise to become Elite if you stay in a regular veranda cabin.

From the present system you only needed 3 cruises.:D:D:D

To become Elite Plus,let say is 750 points.

It will takes an extra 64 cruises if you are in the regular veranda cabin:confused::confused::confused:

Edited by iSailor

I just checked my Captains Club page. It used to say Elite + 4 Credits because we were Elite as a result of being Diamond on RCI. Now it says Elite 14 Credits. It seems as though they gave me 10 credits for Elite and added on my credits from Celebrity.

This morning, when I checked the Celebrity website, I couldn't find anything new. Now I cannot even access the website!

A couple of questions:

Is the 30 x existing points formula a fact?

And where does the +50 come into play?

Are they eliminating the Elite breakfasts? If not, what's the deal with Elite Plus Caps and Lattes?

The only thing I can see extra for Elite Plus would be the extra Computer time.

As someone else said, specialty restaurant discounts are very common.