Some Early Build Photos of the Britannia

need2cruisesoon

Here are some early build photos. Looks like the aft of the ship is not built, balcony's look small and see what looks like the promenade deck on picture number 12.

Really am curious as the size of the aft pool when completed.

ds38446.jpg

http://cruisemiss.com/2013/11/19/building-britannia-britains-largest-cruise-ship-progress-photo-blog/

Thank you for posting the pictures, if you get any more please post them!.

I just can't imagine how big this new monstrosity will be :-(

My mum used to say, if you cant say anything nice don't say anything :p

Here are some early build photos. Looks like the aft of the ship is not built, balcony's look small and see what looks like the promenade deck on picture number 12.

Really am curious as the size of the aft pool when completed.

ds38446.jpg

http://cruisemiss.com/2013/11/19/building-britannia-britains-largest-cruise-ship-progress-photo-blog/

Thanks for posting. Balconies are small, a common complaint on the Royal Princess version.

That's exactly what I mean. I do like a ship to look like a ship and not a block of flats, but that's the way they are all going unfortunately.

Did you see the new RCI ship on the lunchtime news, due for launch just after Britannia and to replace Independence (according to the BBC).

Targetting younger people!

Did you see the new RCI ship on the lunchtime news, due for launch just after Britannia and to replace Independence (according to the BBC).

Targetting younger people!

I ain't ain't young and I'll be sailing on the Anthem. Can't wait :)

• 3 weeks later...
Another Carnival Monster, sister ship of Royal and Regal Princesses. I read some poor reviews of the Royal Princess.

I just got off a cruise this morning from the

Royal Princess. The ship is magnificent. One

Of the most enjoyable cruises I've been on.

Just loved the Royal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry CCFC but she does rather look like a boring block of flats going up along the quayside........ :(

If you are going to criticise think of something original to say the term "block of flats" has been used to criticise all large ships being built in the last 5 or so years.

If you are going to criticise think of something original to say the term "block of flats" has been used to criticise all large ships being built in the last 5 or so years.

Sorry you feel that way so I will say Office block is that better

• 3 months later...

I do not live on the outside of a ship or a building for that matter. When buying a house is one thing a fortnight or so cruise does it really matter as long as the holiday is what you require. Thank god everyone is different otherwise life would be very boring.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another Carnival Monster, sister ship of Royal and Regal Princesses. I read some poor reviews of the Royal Princess.

I've also read lots of absolutely excellent views. I thought the ships sounded great with lots of amenities and I can't wait to try Britannia. There will always be people who prefer the traditional older ships but there's something for everyone in the P&O fleet and it doesn't make any of us wrong or bad people for preferring one type over the other!

Thanks to need2cruisesoon for OP

I do not live on the outside of a ship or a building for that matter. When buying a house is one thing a fortnight or so cruise does it really matter as long as the holiday is what you require. Thank god everyone is different otherwise life would be very boring.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Today I believe there is a trend for people to think they know better than everyone else. I see it everyday at the supermarket I work in. I've noticed over the past several years more and more people are quick to give their "opinion" on stuff they have no knowledge of. I believe when cruisers say this ship or that ship is a block of flats or the layout is all wrong. They are trying to feel superior.

Unless you are a ship architect or some big wig of a line how would they know a ship is designed bad? I've been cruising for a long time. Ships today are amazing. When I took my first cruise back in the 80's when all the public rooms were on one deck and the dining room was all the way at the bottom of the ship. Who would of thought back then ships would hold 6,000 passengers and have ice rinks?

I cruised the Royal Princess in December. Lots of reviews were coming back before I sailed that were horrible. It might as well of been a crack house at sea. When I sailed the Royal. I just fell in love with that ship.

People need to relax and enjoy the cruise ships of today for what they are. Times have changed. Ships are spectacular with lots more amenities than decades ago. Plus cruises are a lot cheaper today than in the past. Who would ever think we could cruise for a few hundred bucks.

It will be a fairly ugly thing, same as Royal Princess is no stunner!

But modern ships are being built to give the customer what they want and like it or not Balcony cabins are popular sellers, The more you can cram in the more money you make

The Royal Princess is a stunning ship.