Aqua Class - Not what it used to be

Take5

We just boarded the Celebrity Equinox for a 10 day Caribbean cruise. We were originally booked in a Concierge class cabin, but upgraded to Aqua class due to the many amenities. One of which was bottled water and tea delivered daily. We were just informed by our cabin steward that the two small bottles of water and half carafe of cold tea (no ice) were all we would get for the entire cruise. Celebrity has discontinued daily bottled water with Aqua class! I know it is a small thing, but for the price of about $2 for 10 days, they have made at least one couple disappointed. It makes us wonder what is next - now we question whether Celebrity is still our cruise line of choice.

I agree that you should check with guest relations. Celebrity web site still lists daily water and tea delivery as an Aqua Class perk:

In addition, AquaClass staterooms include:

Services

• A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange AquaSpa® treatments
  • Daily delivery of bottled water and tea
  • Priority check-in
  • Express luggage delivery
  • Priority disembarkation based on travel needs
  • Complimentary shoeshine service

May just be a misinformed or lazy steward.

We just boarded the Celebrity Equinox for a 10 day Caribbean cruise. We were originally booked in a Concierge class cabin, but upgraded to Aqua class due to the many amenities. One of which was bottled water and tea delivered daily. We were just informed by our cabin steward that the two small bottles of water and half carafe of cold tea (no ice) were all we would get for the entire cruise. Celebrity has discontinued daily bottled water with Aqua class! I know it is a small thing, but for the price of about $2 for 10 days, they have made at least one couple disappointed. It makes us wonder what is next - now we question whether Celebrity is still our cruise line of choice.

I would be making a stop by Guest Relations. It appears your state room attendant is either wrong or lazy or both. According to the Celebrity website just now DAILY water and tea is still one of the perks of Aqua class:

In addition, AquaClass staterooms include:

Services

A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange AquaSpa® treatments

Daily delivery of bottled water and tea

Priority check-in

Express luggage delivery

Priority disembarkation based on travel needs

Complimentary shoeshine service

Perhaps what he meant is you would only get two bottles of water and tea each day. It might have been an English as a second language problem. I'd give housekeeping a buzz.

Also, I don't recall ever getting ice with the tea.

Please let us know what happens. Thanks

Edited by Oville

We just returned from Reflection December 28th and water and/or tea DAILY. Hide the two bottles of water and stock pile. :)

Edited by 20pluscruises

It's not only NOT true that it's only 2 per cruise if the TWO bottles PER DAY aren't enough they will bring more. I think either the OP misunderstood OR the cabin steward didn't know his own job. We drink ALOT of water and on our recent Connie cruise went through AT LEAST 4 of those bottles a day....FREE

Ice is sort of by request...we asked for ice to be delivered in the afternoon each day and it was always there.

Occasionally there is someone who doesn't understand the job or misunderstands their instructions. Hope this is the case.

I would double check with the room steward one more time to make sure it is not a language issue. If that doesn't work, instead of Guest Relations, I would ask to speak to their supervisor. We only had to do this on one of our 24 Celebrity cruises due to a really bad room steward (a very rare occurrence, and we are not complainers by nature) and once we had that conversation our service was sterling after that. But I'm sure this really gets them in trouble so I definitely would give him another chance first to make it right.

I have never had any ice in the so called tea. Never had a problem with the bottled water and I have never had a attendant tell us how many bottles that we would get a day. Most times we always had more than we wanted or needed and we would tell them to not bother with the colored water.

.💨🍸🍻

We just got off Equinox today, and were in AQ. Our bottled water was always kept at two full bottles (even if we had one partially-used still there,) and we got new tea every day - plus offers of refills when we drank it all. Also, the fresh fruit was always kept at 3 (plus a bunch of grapes, which I had requested on the first day, and were there every day after that.)

Ditto what others said about ice and, in our case, sweetener and spoons, being available for the rest of the cruise once requested.

We absolutely loved AQ, and although Blu was the primary reason, the easy availability of healthy snacks was a strong second.

Perhaps what he meant is you would only get two bottles of water and tea each day. It might have been an English as a second language problem. I'd give housekeeping a buzz.

Also, I don't recall ever getting ice with the tea.

Please let us know what happens. Thanks

Yes your right we did not get a ice bucket in Aqua until I asked for one on day 6. Richard

• 1 month later...

I wonder if this was resolved. Did the OP, Take5 contact Housekeeping or Guest Relations and get it cleared up?

Just wondering; we're due to leave in 3 weeks and I'm a huge fan of the in-room tea (which I add ice to).

I'm probably going to bring a Nalgene bottle so I can refill in my room and drink my tea around the ship. I know the bottles aren't allowed at drinking fountains, but hopefully I can bring my room tea. If I could order it as a "drink" I would.

Seeing as the OP posted this two months ago, it would have been nice for them to come back and report the outcome. It's really annoying when someone posts a complaint that is obviously an error, and then either doesn't bother to get it resolved or come back on CC and let others know the outcome.

Agree it would've been nice. Having been slammed with work/kids/return home craziness and all three at once after getting back, this one probably just slipped their mind.

But I'm happy: in three weeks we leave for a 3+ week vacation and the tea will be in my cabin. :D

Nothing has changed...2 bottles a day of water and a carafe of tea...ice on request....and don't forget the three fruits. I'm not sure you want to carry that iced tea around with you...it's more of a very weak herbal tea. The iced tea out of the dispensers in the buffet area is actually better.

While we did have the tea and water in each of our AQ cabins, what we didn't receive were refills of the bathroom amenities once we used them up. From leaving notes, along with the empty bottles on the desk, to speaking with guest relations, didn't change the situation. My sister begn to wonder if cabin stewards got bonuses if they gave out the fewest bottles.

Geez people, cut someone a break. From looking at the OP's posts, it looks like this was their first experience using Cruise Critic on a cruise, as all of their few posts were about one cruise. If I were them, and looked at some of the responsive posts telling me how wrong I was, I am not sure I would be coming back..........ever. I think many people tend to go onto Cruise Critic just before and sometimes after they cruise, and then do not log on again until the next time. As they are relative newbies, I would give them the benefit of the doubt as they had already indicated that they had tried to resolve the problem and were perhaps trying to be helpful and warn other people about what they perceived to be a change in a perk they had been looking forward to. They no doubt did not realize they were breaking a protocol.

We were in AQ on Silhouette in late January. We received 2 new bottles of water every time the cabin was serviced. (I put the water in the fridge so we always had plenty.). Interestingly, we didn't receive the iced tea - but we didn't miss it.

We did also receive the bangs with the lip balm, spray, slippers, and everything else.