How often does a ship miss Grand Cayman?

cruiseapril

We're batting .500 on GC: one hit one miss. As to overnighting in Coz (or anywhere else on that itin), I'm guessing that staying overnight is not allowed especially if the berth space is needed for other arriving ships. I know that some itin's allow overnighting in Cabo but I believe the ship has to actually leave the harbor area and then return. I think ships also overnight in Bermuda.

Edited by joepeka

We were able to port 3 out of 3 times; all in March.

But I will say that March is typically, the driest month of the year for Grand Cayman, i.e. fewest rain storms. The wettest months are October, June, September, August, and November in order.

I dont know but ive been there twice and never missed it yet. *knock on wood*

I'm planning to go back next year so this caught my eye. I'm 1 for 1 here. We almost missed Costa Maya because of rough seas and that is a dock!

Edited by BillOh

We have cruised 11 times and the one time our cruise was to port in Grand Cayman the winds were so bad that we had an extra sea day. So we have yet to see Grand Cayman...so we are 0 for 1! Maybe next time...

Lauri

We missed it on our Thanksgiving cruise, however seas were so fough for three days the outside decks on Freedom were closed as well.

We were on that one as well. It was too bad. Had big plans for the day. Will have to try again someday I guess. :)

It may depend of the ship you're sailing with. Last year on Navigator we stopped in Grand Cayman and there were supposed to be two other ships there, but due to hard winds and rough seas they could not stop there.

I felt it was strange as it was not too windy.

It looked like this.

GrandCayman-1.jpg

Kryssn-11.jpg

/Erik

We missed it once. It was in September, but we were able to maKe the next day (was supposed to be a sea day) a port day at Costa Maya (Where we weren't supposed to go on the itinerary). That was with Carnival though. So we just made Grand Cayman a sea day.

Hi- Wondering how often a ship misses Grand Cayman due to waves?

If RCI does miss GC- do they ever overnight in Cozumel? Thanks

No .... When you miss GC there is no overnight in Cozumel ... just another At Sea day.

LuLu

~~~

What months did you miss it?

In the January/February time frame which is normally smooth seas in most of the Caribbean, seems not so much for Grand Cayman. Over the years we have missed GC about 40% of the time.

A long time ago they tendered us over when they really should not have and had one heck of a time getting us back to the ship.

When you miss it. Be glad it was cancelled. ;)

LuLu

~~~