How many days until your next cruise??? Part 2

Host Kat

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have had facial hair since 1962.Mrs.66 likes my beard as long as I keep it neat.

For many years I had very long hair and a beard longer than anyone here could possibly imagine.

I've seen old pix of Bob when he was pretty disreputable looking.

9 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I find that hard to believe.

But true, I arrived at her place one day to be asked “What are you doing on the 15th of August?” I said “I don’t know but it sounds familiar” her “Well I have booked our wedding for that day.” Turned out it was mum and dad’s anniversary.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have had facial hair since 1962.Mrs.66 likes my beard as long as I keep it neat.

For many years I had very long hair and a beard longer than anyone here could possibly imagine.

First thing I did after retirement was grow the beard.  Mrs Ldubs likes the beard too.  Sadly, my days of growing long hair on top of my head are long past. Haha.  

19 days to airport, 26 days boarding (I think).   

Edited by ldubs
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, ldubs said:

First thing I did after retirement was grow the beard.  Mrs Ldubs likes the beard too.  Sadly, my days of growing long hair on top of my head are long past. Haha.  

19 days to airport, 26 days boarding (I think).   

I went to many job interviews from 1970 to 1972 .I was always told that I am exactly what they are looking for but I would have to get rid of the beard.I refused on principle.

In January 1972 I went for an interview and was hired.I spent 25 years at the company.

I did trim my beard somewhat but not my hair and my beard was still quite long.Now my hair and beard are neatly trimmed but both are white.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I went to many job interviews from 1970 to 1972 .I was always told that I am exactly what they are looking for but I would have to get rid of the beard.I refused on principle.

In January 1972 I went for an interview and was hired.I spent 25 years at the company.

I did trim my beard somewhat but not my hair and my beard was still quite long.Now my hair and beard are neatly trimmed but both are white.

Yeah, I don't remember my original hair color. Lol. 

My company was one of those that frowned on beards.   For the sake of my financial well being I opted to toe the line.  I'm making up for it now.  Haha.  

3 hours ago, ldubs said:

Yeah, I don't remember my original hair color. Lol. 

My company was one of those that frowned on beards.   For the sake of my financial well being I opted to toe the line.  I'm making up for it now.  Haha.  

I went from red hair to blond to reddish brown to grey to white.

59 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I went from red hair to blond to reddish brown to grey to white.

I remember hearing that redheads are becoming less common.  But not to worry.  Extinction isn't likely as long as there are some still around having sex. 😀😀😀 

I once interviewed someone for quite a senior role. From the cvs one guy was clearly more qualified than everyone else. I expected to offer the guy the job within 5 minutes.

He turned up with a beard. My colleagues knew I hated them. ( reminds me of 1970s coppers in the uk)

I ended the interview after 5 minutes he didnt get the job.

My colleagues couldn't believe in had turned him down for having a beard.

I didnt.

He turned up wearing a Dickie bow tie.

No way could I work with someone wearing that comedy attire.

Just to clarify there was no dress code. No ties or grey suits. 

20 hours ago, DarrenM said:

I once interviewed someone for quite a senior role. From the cvs one guy was clearly more qualified than everyone else. I expected to offer the guy the job within 5 minutes.

He turned up with a beard. My colleagues knew I hated them. ( reminds me of 1970s coppers in the uk)

I ended the interview after 5 minutes he didnt get the job.

My colleagues couldn't believe in had turned him down for having a beard.

I didnt.

He turned up wearing a Dickie bow tie.

No way could I work with someone wearing that comedy attire.

Just to clarify there was no dress code. No ties or grey suits. 

I am with you, some people like a dickie bow just below a guys chin but I am not one of them.