Onboard Eclipse Now. Big cutback in Classic Package Inclusions!

kevinyork

We just booked and the promo gave us the Classic Bev package.

I can't tell from the X site description

-- if it's limitless per day...

-- if wine by the glass can be ordered in the MDR. With a party of four--and various entrees there is no guarantee we drink the same wine at dinner

--are there any bars that Do Not accept the Classic package.

-- can it include bev ordered through room service

ALSO more than one thread mentions the cost per drink being over and above the "per drink" limit and having to go to Guest Relations for an info sheet on whats included. Why is this so complicated?

Folks on CC can make it sound complicated, it is not.

On the Classic pkg no matter where you buy something to drink,

"Throughout your cruise, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinks up to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving."

Anything over that price, you pay the full cost, there is no coverage.

With the Premium package.

"Enjoy our entire selection of fine craft beers, top-shelf spirits, premium cocktails and wines-by-the-glass up to $13 per serving."

Anything over that price you pay the difference. No coverage for room service.

Simple.

ps; IT IS LIMITLESS! NO DRINK COUNTERS, NO FROZEN SEA PASS CARD!

Edited by wallie5446

Folks on CC can make it sound complicated, it is not.

On the Classic pkg no matter where you buy something to drink,

"Throughout your cruise, choose from beers up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, liqueurs and frozen drinks up to $8 per serving, and wine-by-the-glass up to $9 per serving."

Anything over that price, you pay the full cost, there is no coverage.

With the Premium package.

"Enjoy our entire selection of fine craft beers, top-shelf spirits, premium cocktails and wines-by-the-glass up to $13 per serving."

Anything over that price you pay the difference. No coverage for room service.

Simple.

ps; IT IS LIMITLESS! NO DRINK COUNTERS, NO FROZEN SEA PASS CARD!

I would imagine that the Eclipse from the UK had a restricted classic package,

Gin-Gordon's / Beefeater, whiskey Grants /Teachers /Bells Vodka Smirnoff/ usual standard spirits offered in UK pubs, for around $12 a day just upgrade and have what you want, most will have the classic package for free, it's a holiday,

And by upgrading it includes everything.

To me it's a no brainer

Hm gotta have my Appletini! A smaller size I could handle - I will just have 2 :). Would like to know about this. Seriously might consider upgrading just for that!

If you want a Martini from the Martini Bar, that's the Premium Package. Supposedly you can get smaller versions of some at the Martini Bar but, that's not a given. I would wait until I was on board and decide from there if it is worth the upgrade in package.

I would imagine that the Eclipse from the UK had a restricted classic package,

Gin-Gordon's / Beefeater, whiskey Grants /Teachers /Bells Vodka Smirnoff/ usual standard spirits offered in UK pubs, for around $12 a day just upgrade and have what you want, most will have the classic package for free, it's a holiday,

And by upgrading it includes everything.

To me it's a no brainer

Why would the eclipse have a restricted classic package....the package is based on drink price, not the label on the bottle.

Note that on UK cruises, drink prices are changed to include the 18% tip. The limits of the classic package are also changed by adding the 18% so that you can get the same drinks.

Upgrading does not include everything...it too has it's drink price limit.

For you it may be a no brainer...others may be quite happy with the classic package offerings.

If you want a Martini from the Martini Bar, that's the Premium Package. Supposedly you can get smaller versions of some at the Martini Bar but, that's not a given. I would wait until I was on board and decide from there if it is worth the upgrade in package.

If you order a Pina Colada at the Sunset Bar aft, made with Bacardi dark, and float a shot of Myers, it is over the Classic cost.

It is the booze that goes into the drink that makes it Premium or Classic, not the bar where it is ordered.

Why would the eclipse have a restricted classic package....the package is based on drink price, not the label on the bottle.

Note that on UK cruises, drink prices are changed to include the 18% tip. The limits of the classic package are also changed by adding the 18% so that you can get the same drinks.

Upgrading does not include everything...it too has it's drink price limit.

For you it may be a no brainer...others may be quite happy with the classic package offerings.

I was on the cruise that the original poster was talking about, and the problem was that Celebrity did not just raise the drink price limit to cover the added 18% gratuity. As such, many drinks that would have been included without the tip being included were not covered after the tip was included. Hopefully there will not be the same issue this year.

The OP asked in his first post- " do I smell a rat here" - oh yes you do- and thats because there is a " rat " that smells! First those GREAT offerings- classic package included in the fare. Then all of a sudden the prices increase abot the 9.50 level that one has to pay anyway to get this or that drink- cocktail whatsoever! Seems typcial. That particular marketing strategie does not bother me because I seldom drink alcoholic beverages- the drinks that come with Elite cocktail hour suits me perfect- anyway if they do it that way- they should do away with their wonderful , special offerings all together.

Modern Luxury- Give a little take a lot!

This has been beat to death for the past year. Its tired! Can't we concentrate on the latest catastrophe; no lunch every day in Luminae?:eek::eek:

Unfortunately that does not affect the great masses as much as the drink package problems do.

And what topic hasn't been beaten to death on Cruise Critic?

Unfortunately that does not affect the great masses as much as the drink package problems do.

The topic about Brits getting special treatment from the Marine Officers when a Royal event takes place because the Queen's husband is Greek :eek:

Edited by gcgold

The OP asked in his first post- " do I smell a rat here" - oh yes you do- and thats because there is a " rat " that smells! First those GREAT offerings- classic package included in the fare. Then all of a sudden the prices increase abot the 9.50 level that one has to pay anyway to get this or that drink- cocktail whatsoever! Seems typcial. That particular marketing strategie does not bother me because I seldom drink alcoholic beverages- the drinks that come with Elite cocktail hour suits me perfect- anyway if they do it that way- they should do away with their wonderful , special offerings all together.

Modern Luxury- Give a little take a lot!

Just a quick check back as the OP for this thread. I see this keeps getting bumped back up the forum as someone posts new comments. My posts at the start of this thread were relevant to what happened May 2014 and as a result of this thread, and the following social media pressure, Celebrity reversed their cut backs. So this thread represents a snapshot in time. If our cruise critic Celebrity forum host HostAndy could close off this thread it would stop it being revisited every few weeks. Otherwise it will keep being regurgitated every few days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kevinyork

If you order a Pina Colada at the Sunset Bar aft, made with Bacardi dark, and float a shot of Myers, it is over the Classic cost.

It is the booze that goes into the drink that makes it Premium or Classic, not the bar where it is ordered.

Which one is the premium brand "Myers or Bacardi Dark"? Also, what is Bacardi Dark? I have been able to order pinas made with other Bacardi branded rums and floater of Myers without problems with the classic package. I have also enjoyed Bacardi 8 with the classic. My last cruise was in November.

I concur no doubt another issue will arise, let's put this one to bed as it was mostly resolved and it adds confusion for new passengers.

I am so sorry for those who cruised through this drink package issue, it was your reported experiences and dedication to CC and X that helped bring it all out in the light.

Thank you.

Amen!:cool:

Thanks to the OP who with a very recent post or two has been very helpful.

Happy Sailing! Cheers.

Just a quick check back as the OP for this thread. I see this keeps getting bumped back up the forum as someone posts new comments. My posts at the start of this thread were relevant to what happened May 2014 and as a result of this thread, and the following social media pressure, Celebrity reversed their cut backs. So this thread represents a snapshot in time. If our cruise critic Celebrity forum host HostAndy could close off this thread it would stop it being revisited every few weeks. Otherwise it will keep being regurgitated every few days.

I agree and that's why I hate doing a search if I have a question. Often it just brings up an old thread with outdated information. I second the motion to close the thread.

I agree and that's why I hate doing a search if I have a question. Often it just brings up an old thread with outdated information. I second the motion to close the thread.

Ive just emailed Host Andy to ask that this thread be closed.

Which one is the premium brand "Myers or Bacardi Dark"? Also, what is Bacardi Dark? I have been able to order pinas made with other Bacardi branded rums and floater of Myers without problems with the classic package. I have also enjoyed Bacardi 8 with the classic. My last cruise was in November.

Have not seen Bacardi Dark in years. It was basically a dark brown version of Bacardi Silver. There is a Bacardi Black, which is a slightly different tasting rum than Silver. Myers, Bacardi Silver, Bacardi Silver Flavors and Bacardi 8 are all part of the classic level package.

This has been beat to death for the past year. Its tired! Can't we concentrate on the latest catastrophe; no lunch every day in Luminae?:eek::eek:

Just as with the drink package issue, Celebrity has reversed course and will apparently now be serving lunch every day in Luminae as stated in its advertising. Another issue resolved by posting here.

Just as with the drink package issue, Celebrity has reversed course and will apparently now be serving lunch every day in Luminae as stated in its advertising. Another issue resolved by posting here.

Oh THANK goodness! What a relief!

What/where is the Luminae?
It's a new private dining room that is exclusively for suite guests. It's a notch above Blu and is another step into turning X into a multi class cruise experience. There is a current debate going on regarding whether lunch will be served everyday or only on at sea days.

It's a new private dining room that is exclusively for suite guests. It's a notch above Blu and is another step into turning X into a multi class cruise experience. There is a current debate going on regarding whether lunch will be served everyday or only on at sea days.

thanks for the update.

Great this year old drink package thread has morphed into another Luminae lunch thread. Fresh squeezed OJ anybody?

Too bad that people don't read the Topic or do a search before they hijack a thread. That would be so easy.