So Diamond and above...would you if they ?

With the introduction of the drinks vouchers across more ships and obviously heading to a fleet wide situation, I was wondering.

Would you be more likely to purchase a drinks package if they offered a reduced price to Diamond Members and above. At present many of those with access to a DL or CL choose not to purchase a drinks package, but if they reduced the price of the packages by an amount to reflect the 3 vouchers given each day, would you then consider buying the package to cover the times when the lounges are not open. I certainly would :D

No, I would not purchase it because I feel I would drink more and gain weight. I really don't consume that many drinks in a day, a couple in the CL each evening and about 2 frozen drinks for the entire cruise. Now hubby would purchase it immediately if they had a better selection of Cabernet wines by the glasses besides their Clos du Bois. If they offer a bigger discount down the road, I'm not telling him :)

Hmmm…a good question, but probably not! Neither one of us actually has 3 drinks nightly in the CL or DL anyway - usually just one or sometimes two. Beyond the evening drinks, the most I've ever managed is 2 drinks in the afternoon and DH may have had 3 on an afternoon or two. So our math says the unlimited drink packages would not pay off for us. Maybe if we were younger…..:o

We do like wine with dinner, though, so if they would let us swap a couple of vouchers for a discount on a wine package, that might work!:p

Judy

Yes, I would be more likely to purchase it if discounted. As it stands now,the packages are not cost effective for us.... most of our alcohol is consummed in the lounges during cocktail hour plus the occassional bottle of wine ordered in the dining room. If the price was right, I certainly consider a package.

Would have to see the price and calculate the value. For sure we drink beyond what we might get at Crown & Anchor, so it still would come down to the lower price and value for us based on our estimated consumption expectation for that cruise. I can tell you that we do drink more on warm weather cruises than when we sail cooler destinations. So.................

With the introduction of the drinks vouchers across more ships and obviously heading to a fleet wide situation, I was wondering.

Would you be more likely to purchase a drinks package if they offered a reduced price to Diamond Members and above.

The degree of discounting is a factor to me.

If we're talking in the neighborhood of 10% off, probably not a dealmaker. If we're talking 2 for 1, which would also negate the big thievery argument that's been debated extensively in other threads, that's a bit more enticing.

Truthfully, one of the little perks they should have been offering when you get to D or D+ is a discount on the package. Even if it's only the 10%. Just making the gesture.

Would you be more likely to purchase a drinks package if they offered a reduced price to Diamond Members and above. At present many of those with access to a DL or CL choose not to purchase a drinks package, but if they reduced the price of the packages by an amount to reflect the 3 vouchers given each day, would you then consider buying the package to cover the times when the lounges are not open. I certainly would :D

We're not entitled to the drink perks yet, but if we were and the drink package was offered at a discount, we would be all over it. It's not about the alcohol, but the fresh juice, specialty teas and bottled water for excursions that has us as buyers!! And we're not wine snobs so the wine offereings at dinner are OK for us.

We always buy the wine package so between wine with dinner, a few drinks in the Diamond or concierge lounge, the three drinks now loaded on the seapass and a few beers at the solarium during the day. That is more than enough alcohol for me.

The degree of discounting is a factor to me.

If we're talking in the neighborhood of 10% off, probably not a dealmaker. If we're talking 2 for 1, which would also negate the big thievery argument that's been debated extensively in other threads, that's a bit more enticing.

Truthfully, one of the little perks they should have been offering when you get to D or D+ is a discount on the package. Even if it's only the 10%. Just making the gesture.

Same feelings here!!!

nope. Dont drink enough. Three drinks a day is in fact more than I would pay for anyway. When I'm paying for my drinks on a cruise I buy a bottle of wine for the week and have maybe 1 drink a night.

Probably. We haven't bought it on RCI but have on Celebrity. At the time, Celebrity was cheaper and more bang for your buck although that may have changed. I am not a fan of DLs and CLs. They're just not comfortable to me and they don't carry my liquor of choice. Even on Allure, I preferred Blaze over the CL. If it was discounted, I'd probably buy it.

I like what I could do on MSC in Europe.

I sail in the Yacht Club, where all drinks are included. The problem is that you are restricted to use the all-inclusive at the private lounge, private dining room and private pool bar. Even the mini-bar is all inclusive. Those venues are fantastic, but are all restricted to all other passengers on the ship.

They sell a drink voucher type package with a 14 beer package, a 12 cocktail package and even a 10 premium coffee/gelato package. While these coupons are intended to be used on one sailing, I have used them on several cruises. As one voucher is used for each drink, you can even offer drinks to others.

Unused coupons can even be gifted to others for use on another sailing.

I have heard they operate differently in the Caribbean, but have used these packages on all sailings in Europe. It has been a couple of years now since I last sailed with them, so they might have changed things.

Haven't quite gotten there yet (should be next year though), but I a discount on the package would definitely increase the likelihood of buying it.

Based on our last few cruises we are on the edge, a heavy port itinerary makes it not worth it, a heavy sea day itinerary makes it work, a mixed itinerary makes it a toss up.

Discounting by 10% for example instead of a couple of free drinks would probably increase the likelihood of buying it.

We got the package on Celebrity as part of the 123 Go incentive and it was so nice not to have all the paperwork. On Celebrity the package was great since it included water, fresh squeezed juice, specialty coffee, beer wine and liquor.

On Royal, we figure that we would probably break even or pay less than if we purchased the package so we do not buy it.

If they offered a discount we would probably get the package.