Celebrity Dress Code Discussion Thread

Andy

Don't think so. There are two on a seven day. There will be at least four on an 11 nighter.

Hi, 4? I don't think so. I know I was on a 10 night cruise and there

were only 2 formal nights. Looking at the Celebrity website, both

10 and 11 night cruises have only 2 formal nights. The only cruise with

4 formal nights is a 16 night sailing.

Cruises from 7-11 nights have 2 formal nights.

Cruises from 12-15 nights have 3 formal nights.

Cruises 16 nights have 4 formal nights.

Edited by Lois R

Sorry about getting up on a soap box here, but I'll be quick...

a) Once a correct answer is provided, what compels another 7 people to attempt to answer the question?

b) If you think you are unsure of an answer, just don't post! (seriously!!!)

c) Including a link to the Celebrity FAQ that correctly provides the answer would have been more than sufficient.

Okay, I'm off the soap box.... carry on.

Sorry about getting up on a soap box here, but I'll be quick...

a) Once a correct answer is provided, what compels another 7 people to attempt to answer the question?

b) If you think you are unsure of an answer, just don't post! (seriously!!!)

c) Including a link to the Celebrity FAQ that correctly provides the answer would have been more than sufficient.

Okay, I'm off the soap box.... carry on.

Mainly because if a number of people give the right answer someone is less likely to be mislead when some other person gives the wrong answer.

Because so many posters post how they want it to be rather than how it is. After a link is posted and somebody persists in giving conflicting information, it is helpful for the person asking to know that person giving the wrong info is just being obstinate, and it is indeed wrong info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question - retired, casual husband no longer "does" formal or even suits. He would like to wear a nice corduroy sport coat on upcoming Alaska cruise formal nights. Is it allowed? Too tacky? Please advise.

I'd stick to a tradtional navy blue blazer. Corduroy coats really haven't been in fashion for a few decades.

same over here , navy blue blazers were late 80's early 90's.

I always see the standard blue blazer pretty much everywhere. I see corduroy pants,but haven't really seen any coats to really speak of. Go to a Macy or other type store & you see racks of navy blue blazers with the brass buttons.(usually a Ralph Lauren or similar)Still a standard.

same over here , navy blue blazers were late 80's early 90's.

I always see the standard blue blazer pretty much everywhere. I see corduroy pants,but haven't really seen any coats to really speak of. Go to a Macy or other type store & you see racks of navy blue blazers with the brass buttons.(usually a Ralph Lauren or similar)Still a standard.

think the operative words were 'over here' . No Macys in the UK- and very few Blue Blazers thank goodness , but they might come back one day

I don't know if this has been discussed before. In January in the southern Caribbean is a white dinner jacket with Tux pants okay. If I was Rick Blaine it would be OK but I am not. In the US white after Labor Day is a no no. But we will not be in the US. Discuss please.

Fashionistas would correct you when you say you have to ditch white after Labor Day. They would say that thinking is very old fashioned. ;) that's why various shades of white show up year round. I remember when there was no such thing as"winter whites" .

That being said, in the Caribbean and Mexico, Central and S Americas, white is worn all year round to keep cool. And dressy events have men in bright white cotton shirts, often with embroidery, perfectly pressed and looking dashing.

hot, yes. Formal? No way.

Although they are not technically formal according to Celebrity's dress code, they are accepted in the dining room for formal nights so therefore are formal. In all these discussions, I would hope that people don't get confused because posters can quote whatever magazines or other sources they wish but it is only Celebrity's rules that matter.

Although they are not technically formal according to Celebrity's dress code, they are accepted in the dining room for formal nights so therefore are formal. In all these discussions, I would hope that people don't get confused because posters can quote whatever magazines or other sources they wish but it is only Celebrity's rules that matter.

Spot on, especially in Alaska. :)

It's not my definition of formal at all, but it is acceptable to Celebrity, which is what matters.

& Happy Labour Day!

Edited by cruise kitty

Sorry, dress codes bring out the worst in me, enjoy Macy's, & have a great Labour Day.

Edited by cruise kitty
remove my own mean girl comment