Bon Voyage to RuthC & RevNeal - April 13th, 2015

kazu

Bon Voyage, Ruth and Greg! I'm sure you'll have a great cruise with your friends.

Trouble! The Rev and The Ruth on the same ship! :D

Nah, they both play well with others, but they are great fun together (and individually :)). We were with them when they received their chocolate medallions from one HotMan. :D

Trouble! The Rev and The Ruth on the same ship! :D

Bon voyage.

LOL :D

Greg and I have over 100 sailing days together on any number of HAL ships. None have sunk (due to us) yet.

As Mary Ellen says---we were awarded "chocolate medallions" back in '09 when we reached the 100-day mark. It was a really fun surprise.

Thanks, everyone, for the very kind Bon Voyage!!!! It's been a year and 3 months since I last had deck under my feet, and am so very much looking forward to this voyage!

I'm especially looking forward to seeing Ruth again. Being aboard ship and enjoying the dining room conversation with her is always a joy. She makes for the best table-entertainment! And, she's such a stirling soul ... God has given me a good friend in Ruth, and I will forever be thankful for that. Of my 421 days on HAL ships, 137 of them have been on cruises where Ruth graced my table and was always around for conversation and sing-alongs in the Piano Bar. I'm about to tack on an additional 31 "HAL Days with Ruth"! I should get another special medallion for that!!! :D

Edited by RevNeal

Are most of these ports new to you Ruth and Rev Neal? Just wondering why you selected this specific itinerary.

In January 2014 I did the 14 day cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore. That was a wonderful cruise, with many stops in Vietnam, a port in Cambodia, 2 in Thailand, and of course Singapore. This year I'm doing going the other direction. :) I've never been to the People's Republic of China before, so this will be a "first" for me, as will South Korea. I've been to Tokyo before -- 3 days pre-cruise before my Southeast Asia cruise last year. However, that time I was only in Tokyo ... this time I'm visiting 4 other ports in addition to Tokyo.

Bon Voyage, Ruth and Greg! I'm sure you'll have a great cruise with your friends.

Thanks, Mary Ellen! I know we will! :D

Nah, they both play well with others, but they are great fun together (and individually :)). We were with them when they received their chocolate medallions from one HotMan. :D

What a great cruise that was ... and how much fun it was to be presented with those "Chocolate Medallions!" :D

We were celebrating an accumulated 94 days together on different HAL ships that night ... and, by the end of that cruise, we had hit 100 days. It made for a great picture:

ruthgreg94days.jpg

Edited by RevNeal