Bon Voyage to RuthC & RevNeal - April 13th, 2015

kazu

When I first joined cruise critic HAL was building the Eurodam. I got to virtually know both Ruth and "The Bombastic Reverend" as they posted aboard the Eurodam inaugrall voyage and have followed both ever since. Ruth, your posts have meant so much to me, and Greg your photos and "live from" were a fantastic find for me as we sailed on the Eurodam just a couple of weeks after. Jane

Both of you, have a wonderful voyage.

Are most of these ports new to you Ruth and Rev Neal? Just wondering why you selected this specific itinerary.

I've been to Asia Minor, and ended a cruise in Singapore a few years ago, but have never been to China, Korea, or Japan. Three more countries to add to the list! Yippee!

I had planned the cruise for last year, but then the first portion was chartered out from under me, :(, so I canceled the second part. Why fly all the way to Japan just to sail home? If I'm going all that way, I want to see something!

I am going to walk on The Great Wall of China! :D I may only be able to take 5 steps, but I am going to do it!

I've been to Asia Minor, and ended a cruise in Singapore a few years ago, but have never been to China, Korea, or Japan. Three more countries to add to the list! Yippee!

I had planned the cruise for last year, but then the first portion was chartered out from under me, :(, so I canceled the second part. Why fly all the way to Japan just to sail home? If I'm going all that way, I want to see something!

I am going to walk on The Great Wall of China! :D I may only be able to take 5 steps, but I am going to do it!

Ruth

The Great Wall was the highlight of this cruise for me. I never, ever thought I would get to this historic site, let alone walk on the wall!!

There are a few photos booths where you can get a wallet-sized laminated card with you and the Wall in the background. We did as a bit of a lark, but it is something I have on my night table and see everyday now!

Shanghai is a highlight, as well, and Japan is an all-time fav of ours!!

Hope you LOVE this cruise!

There are a few photos booths where you can get a wallet-sized laminated card with you and the Wall in the background. We did as a bit of a lark, but it is something I have on my night table and see everyday now!

Thanks for the idea! I didn't know about it, and know it would make a wonderful keepsake.

I hope they are near the "accessible" entrances to the Wall.

My friends and I have a tour set for the two days in Shanghai and the two days in Beijing. I expect to be exhausted, but happy about them. After that I can slow down a bit.

Thanks for the idea! I didn't know about it, and know it would make a wonderful keepsake.

I hope they are near the "accessible" entrances to the Wall.

My friends and I have a tour set for the two days in Shanghai and the two days in Beijing. I expect to be exhausted, but happy about them. After that I can slow down a bit.

Glad I mentioned it!

After China, Korea is not as big a deal. No matter what ports we've gone to there, they seem to be more "China" than anything.

You can slow down after Shanghai and get ready to gear up for Japan!

I am so happy for you! This voyage is so looks so fantastic I booked on the one that was cancelled. So happy Ruth you are doing it. I can hardly wait to hear the stories and pictures.

Bon Voyage and smooth seas!

Your indomitable spirit will prevail and inspires us. I don't envy you the flight but the itinerary will be memorable. What great company you will have and what wonderful sights you will experience and see. I am happy for you too and look forward to updates/pix.

Edited by qsuzi