Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

Thank you for taking us all along on your cruise. Can't wait to read about the rest of your adventures! I'm sure DH will love the surprise upgrade.

we'll see - he's got the gold card and doesn't seem to have clued in. sapper1 thinks he's figured it out and is playing along

The future cruise thread has been pretty dead. While it will be hard to top this cruise I hope many of you will visit the future cruise desk and come back with some work for me.

Roy

Unfortunately we will not be following the sail away as we have a funeral to go to this afternoon. I'm sure it will be a good one, we where looking forward to seeing everybody waving good bye, maybe we'll catch you going through the Panama. Wishing everybody a great cruise fair weather & smooth seas.

Allan & Marlane

So far, I have been very pleased with HAL (remember unlike most ofthe "Gang" this is my first). Only negative so far (and it is minor) is the lack of trays in the Lido.

Plenty of pluses, however. Embarkation was amazingly smooth. Less than an hour from the shuttle dropping me off until I was in my cabin.

Internet service. Westerdam is the only HAL ship right now (according to the tech guy) with unlimited service. $229 for unlimited internet for 16 days! You never have to log off unless you are changing devices. Very, very pleased!

I am in a forward facing OV cabin and I like the layout.

Muster drill at 4:15 and then sail-away. More later.

Edited by Scrapnana

So far, I have been very pleased with HAL (remember unlike most ofthe "Gang" this is my first). Only negative so far (and it is minor) is the lack of trays in the Lido.

Plenty of pluses, however. Embarkation was amazingly smooth. Less than an hour from the shuttle dropping me off until I was in my cabin.

Internet service. Westerdam is the only HAL ship right now (according to the tech guy) with unlimited service. $229 for unlimited internet for 16 days! You never have to log off unless you are changing devices. Very, very pleased!

I am in a forward facing OV cabin and I like the layout.

Muster drill at 4:15 and then sail-away. More later.

You can up date the tech guy (we didn't have a tech guy on the Zuiderdam) -- Zuiderdam has the unlimited Internet on our Feb/Mar cruises.

Here's what we were able to get. Click on the photo for a big version of the photo, in which you can make out most of the people (if you know who they are and what they look like.) I know that this photo is a little wide, and I apologize. It's really wide when you click it. :)

Underneath the photo is a link to a DropBox shared folder where you can see the photos in full size. They're a tad blurry because the camera was zoomed and the ship was moving. You don't need to login or supply any personal information to view the pictures in DropBox. (It's a file sharing service we use for our business.)

westerdam-banner-small.jpg

Here's the link to the full set of photos on DropBox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eq004vbnaai8lai/AACiU6owWuEDr_4BJLuwf76oa?dl=0

In case you're wondering, I did amp up the color saturation on the photo on this page. I wanted the sky to be blue - and now everyone's already got their vacation tan! The ones in the DropBox folder are normal though.

Edited by POA1

Here's what we were able to get. Click on the photo for a big version of the photo, in which you can make out most of the people (if you know who they are and what they look like.) I know that this photo is a little wide, and I apologize. It's really wide when you click it. :)

Underneath the photo is a link to a DropBox shared folder where you can see the photos in full size. They're a tad blurry because the camera was zoomed and the ship was moving. You don't need to login or supply any personal information to view the pictures in DropBox. (It's a file sharing service we use for our business.)

westerdam-banner-small.jpg

Here's the link to the full set of photos on DropBox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eq004vbnaai8lai/AACiU6owWuEDr_4BJLuwf76oa?dl=0

In case you're wondering, I did amp up the color saturation on the photo on this page. I wanted the sky to be blue - and now everyone's already got their vacation tan! The ones in the DropBox folder are normal though.

Great job POA. Thanks so much.

Underneath the photo is a link to a DropBox shared folder where you can see the photos in full size. They're a tad blurry because the camera was zoomed and the ship was moving. You don't need to login or supply any personal information to view the pictures in DropBox. (It's a file sharing service we use for our business.).

Thanks Brian! Good shots. Good to finally meet you yesterday, would have loved to pick your brain but another time.

The Voyage Value Plan for infernet is $149 for the full cruise. This gives access to unlimited everything except for video conferencing and music streaming service. Very nice deal.

Sail Away was great! Much dancing and waving, hooting and horns. Thanks everyone for the great send off.

Thanks Brian! Good shots. Good to finally meet you yesterday, would have loved to pick your brain but another time.

The Voyage Value Plan for infernet is $149 for the full cruise. This gives access to unlimited everything except for video conferencing and music streaming service. Very nice deal.

Sail Away was great! Much dancing and waving, hooting and horns. Thanks everyone for the great send off.

Great meeting you as well! If you want to test the limits of your unlimited Internet, here's the link to download a ZIP file of all the photos. It will be a pretty big file.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eq004vbnaai8lai/AACiU6owWuEDr_4BJLuwf76oa?dl=1

Thanks for the wonderful photos, POA1. It was great to meet you, and I hope we can cruise together sometime - although you live in Paradise, don't you? Will check out all the Dropbox when we get home.

First day is over, I think we will sleep well tonight, and dream of Half Moon Cay tomorrow.