New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

By paying out part of the $45 per day charge they get to offer you the discount and add to their overall commission. I'm not sure I would take that offer. I would rather that they pay for my gratuities. Even the OBC wouldn't work for me because I book select dining. With paid gratuities and the classic drink package I would be set.

Understand where you're coming from.

What I was looking at was a B2B on Constellation -- total of 9 nights. The upcharge for two to "Go Best" under their ad would be $540. For that amount you're getting $600 in OBC ($300 for each segment), gratuities, internet and Premium Beverage package. As has been stated many times on this thread already, the "Go Best" plan works best for shorter voyages. Even better when you combine two short voyages into a B2B.

What I was looking at was a B2B on Constellation -- total of 9 nights. The upcharge for two to "Go Best" under their ad would be $540. For that amount you're getting $600 in OBC ($300 for each segment), gratuities, internet and Premium Beverage package. As has been stated many times on this thread already, the "Go Best" plan works best for shorter voyages. Even better when you combine two short voyages into a B2B.

Brilliant! I'll have to start researching B2Bs instead of our usual 12+ night cruises.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Jane

It certainly is a bargain when putting it like that, doing the math for each and every cruise is best practice as it may be a bargain for one and not the other. In addition, some people may value the internet the drink package and extra OBC while others may not. People need to work out what is best for themselves.

Today I received an email from a Travel Agent advertising to upgrade to the "Go Best" plan for $30 per person per day instead of the normal $45. Going to be interesting to see what schemes other companies come up with to be creative and stimulate sales!

By paying out part of the $45 per day charge they get to offer you the discount and add to their overall commission. I'm not sure I would take that offer. I would rather that they pay for my gratuities. Even the OBC wouldn't work for me because I book select dining. With paid gratuities and the classic drink package I would be set.

If it is the same TA as the one I have been checking out they are marketing their cruises with the Bev package and grats (2 perks) as well as $100 OBC in a weekend special. So it looks like they are really giving one free perk (or giving the better price for the big price) when you book at the BIG and hoping you will add the final 3 perks for an extra $30pp per day.

The deal as mentioned before due to the OBC is so much better on short cruises. I too prefer to book longer cruises but will look at back to backs more now.

Agree 100%. I would not buy a package, because I'd probably not get my money's worth back. However, on our Jan 16 Eastern Caribbean cruise, we got the Classic plan instead of the $200 OBC for the cabin. It will not take much for me to get my money's worth, ie $200 of drinks, bottled water, and fresh juices, and canned soft drinks.

I agree, we would rarely get a package, if we had to buy due to our normal spend but as a perk I will take the drink package before the $150 OBC each or the gratuities as we do spend more than what they are worth.:D

Agree 100%. I would not buy a package, because I'd probably not get my money's worth back. However, on our Jan 16 Eastern Caribbean cruise, we got the Classic plan instead of the $200 OBC for the cabin. It will not take much for me to get my money's worth, ie $200 of drinks, bottled water, and fresh juices, and canned soft drinks.

It is easily done, 20 drinks a day for a couple (4 coffees, 8 waters and 4 sodas and 4 wines) easily gets you there even with a 3 day cruise.:D

It is easily done, 20 drinks a day for a couple (4 coffees, 8 waters and 4 sodas and 4 wines) easily gets you there even with a 3 day cruise.:D

Our 20 drink a day list would be very different to that one Mic !:rolleyes::D

You couldn't possibly get your money's worth on a cruise. As I see it, you would spend more time in the bathroom as opposed to any bars. :p ;) ;)

Our 20 drink a day list would be very different to that one Mic !:rolleyes::D

I didn't count the beers, spirits or cocktails, it was just an example that showed $200 or even 4300 per cabin doesn't cover many drinks.:D

You couldn't possibly get your money's worth on a cruise. As I see it, you would spend more time in the bathroom as opposed to any bars. :p ;) ;)

The advantage of being on the ship is there are bathrooms everywhere, especially for men.:D

Hehe.

I wondered about that, not really keen on spending my time chasing bars and waiters and bathrooms, but we all have different prefs. :D

The advantage of being on the ship is there are bathrooms everywhere, especially for men.:D

And there is never a line for the men's room like the one for the women's room. What are they giving away in the ladies room?

And there is never a line for the men's room like the one for the women's room. What are they giving away in the ladies room?

A photo of the bathroom sink. I really like the public bathrooms on the S-class ships.

IMG_8429_zpseuyzusdo.jpg

]

t.

The beautiful little washcloths to dry your hands! :D

Okay...but...

We don't take three night cruises on Celebrity...7 would be the shortest, 13 or 14 the norm...pricing is still computed to charge you MORE than that $200 OBC or the $13 a day in tips...

But, more importantly, as an Elite Plus Captains Club member, I already get free specialty coffees...and drinks from 5 to 7 each night...(also 200 minutes of Internet each)...

There is no way to get my money's worth with any of the forced perks...I'm not on the ship while in port...my juice and coffee and hot cocoa with breakfast is already included...as is my iced tea with dinner...

So...are you suggesting that, along with my juice, coffee, hot cocoa, iced tea and all of my free wine, alcohol and soft drinks during cocktail hour...not to mention whatever I drink in port...plus during the Elite wine tasting, afternoon tea and Captain's Reception...that I should also consume another TEN DRINKS A DAY??? Four 16 ounce bottled waters, 2 late night 6 ounce wines and two late night 12 ounce sodas (remember, I'm off ship of getting them free other times) plus maybe two more 6-16 ounce drinks to make up for those coffees you drink?

So...maybe 120 ounces of liquid between dinner and bedtime? Just to break even on the free drinks perk?

Wow...that would make for an interesting cruise...

Edited by Bruin Steve

I suspect he was talking to me. But the fact remains, I, who only sits at the bottom rung of the Captain's club food chain and gets no freebies for advance status, can easily drink $200 worth of booze on a 7 day cruise, even with my wife being a teetotaler. She does like Barq rootbeer, which she can consume with no regard to money, plus get fresh squeezed juices in the morning, plus get bottled water before we leave the ship.

Last cruise, I had no classic package, and I spent a little over $100, and I was drinking very, very light since it was coming directly out of my pocket. This time, when I pick up a slice or two of pizza, I'll drink a beer instead of ships water, or what ever flavored water they are dispensing.

QUOTE=Bruin Steve;47108550]Okay...but...

We don't take three night cruises on Celebrity...7 would be the shortest, 13 or 14 the norm...pricing is still computed to charge you MORE than that $200 OBC or the $13 a day in tips...

But, more importantly, as an Elite Plus Captains Club member, I already get free specialty coffees...and drinks from 5 to 7 each night...(also 200 minutes of Internet each)...

There is no way to get my money's worth with any of the forced perks...I'm not on the ship while in port...my juice and coffee and hot cocoa with breakfast is already included...as is my iced tea with dinner...

So...are you suggesting that, along with my juice, coffee, hot cocoa, iced tea and all of my free wine, alcohol and soft drinks during cocktail hour...not to mention whatever I drink in port...plus during the Elite wine tasting, afternoon tea and Captain's Reception...that I should also consume another TEN DRINKS A DAY??? Four 16 ounce bottled waters, 2 late night 6 ounce wines and two late night 12 ounce sodas (remember, I'm off ship of getting them free other times) plus maybe two more 6-16 ounce drinks to make up for those coffees you drink?

So...maybe 120 ounces of liquid between dinner and bedtime? Just to break even on the free drinks perk?

I think it may be the Paper, must make very interesting reading:rolleyes:

Edited by MicCanberra

Okay...but...

No I was suggesting that the drink package often has more value to a lot of people (not all) than taking the OBC for the cabin. This may apply even for the shorter cruises. In your case perhaps not. (BTW, the example was 20 drinks for two).:D

I suspect he was talking to me. But the fact remains, I, who only sits at the bottom rung of the Captain's club food chain and gets no freebies for advance status, can easily drink $200 worth of booze on a 7 day cruise, even with my wife being a teetotaler. She does like Barq rootbeer, which she can consume with no regard to money, plus get fresh squeezed juices in the morning, plus get bottled water before we leave the ship.

Last cruise, I had no classic package, and I spent a little over $100, and I was drinking very, very light since it was coming directly out of my pocket. This time, when I pick up a slice or two of pizza, I'll drink a beer instead of ships water, or what ever flavored water they are dispensing.

QUOTE=Bruin Steve;47108550]Okay...but...

Yes, yours is a great example. If you have it you will use it.:D

Should you spend the extra money for Go Better? Let's look at the mathematics on a per person basis for a 7-night cruise with the following GBBB values:

Gratuities – $12.95 per day

OBC – value of $150 or $21.43 per day

Classic Beverage – value depends on the individual

Your rational choices are mathematically straight forward. Consider the following two cases:

A. You value the Classic Beverage option at greater than $15 per day and select either OBC or Classic Beverage for Go Big – whichever you value the most.

And paying $15 per day for Go Better will provide additional savings since the remaining choice of these two is still valued at greater than $15.

B. You value Classic Beverage at less than $15 per day and select OBC for Go Big.

Then at the $15.00 per day cost of Go Better, you would lose money by paying to add on either Gratuities or Classic Beverage since they are both valued at less than $15 per day.

Conclusion: You should never select Gratuities and should only choose to pay for Go Better if you value Classic Beverage at greater than $15 per day.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

Sorry - I forgot to include the Internet choice in my earlier post.

Should you spend the extra money for Go Better? Let's look at the mathematics on a per person basis for a 7-night cruise with the following GBBB values:

Internet - value depends on the individual

Your rational choices are mathematically straight forward. Consider the following two cases:

A. You value either Classic Beverage or Internet option at greater than $15 per day and select either OBC, Classic Beverage or Internet for Go Big – whichever you value the most.

And paying $15 per day for Go Better will provide additional savings since at least one of the remaining choice of these three is still valued at greater than $15.

B. You value both Classic Beverage and Internet at less than $15 per day and select OBC for Go Big.

Then at the $15.00 per day cost of Go Better, you would lose money by paying to add on either Gratuities, Classic Beverage or Internet since they are all valued at less than $15 per day.

Conclusion: You should never select Gratuities and should only choose to pay for Go Better if you value either Classic Beverage or Internet at greater than $15 per day.

Larry

Conclusion: You should never select Gratuities and should only choose to pay for Go Better if you value Classic Beverage at greater than $15 per day.

Incorrect as gratuities also vary by cabin class.

Incorrect as gratuities also vary by cabin class.

What is the highest gratuity? I don't think it's over $21. So on a 7 day cruise even paying the highest gratuity the OBC still trumps paid gratuity.

Edited by Iamcruzin

What is the highest gratuity. I don't think it's over $21. So on a 7 day cruise even paying the highest gratuity the OBC still trumps paid gratuity.

Suite gratuities are $16.45 pp/night. Definitely higher than $15.

Edited by JaneStarr

Suite gratuities are $16.45 pp/night. Definitely higher than $15.

Yes but the OBC has a value of $21. So on a 7 day cruise that's the way to go. However on longer trips the OBC becomes less valuable or an actual expense.

Edited by Iamcruzin