MDR ? Do You Prefer Large group Table or Small Table

Gopher1934

I Like to be at a large table of at least 8

have also been at tables of 10. We have always met great people and enjoy meeting people from all over the country or world.

At times we have been able to organize a group from our roll call to sit together

that has always been fun. We just get our reservations linked for dinning

We always ask for an 8 top, even when we travel with friends. We've met some great people and keep in touch with some of them. A couple we met on our second cruise (Carnival) became good friends even though they live across the country (and in Canada) from us. We've cruised together twice since and they've been to our house for a few days. Anyway, we enjoy a large group and with the exception of one cruise, we have had wonderful tablemates and had a lot of fun.

Never have any desire to dine with anyone except my traveling companions. I hate at lunch when you have to share. I know that makes me a cruise grinch!!

Not a "grinch" at all....I feel the same..even at lunch or breakfast if we go to the MDR we'll ask for a table that will only accommodate the number of us that there are....my personal choice. I don't eat with strangers on land why would I at sea...after 20+ cruises with RCI it's never been a problem.

Two.

Me and my darling.

It is a luxury for to sit together and have a meal, just the two of us, usually it is either just one or we have others with us, so to us a table for two if possible thanks.

But perhaps we are strange in that we remain in love and love each others company.

I like an 8 top table, but hubby only wants the two of us together so that's what we usually get. He talks to people all day at work so he wants a quiet, relaxing cruise. I'm retired and like to meet new people and I think it's a great way to make new friends and perhaps meet them for a drink later. Occasionally, I can talk him into an 8 top table on one night of the cruise.

Finaly get away from our kids and family. Both dw and I work with people in our job. So yep, we will request a 2-top.

Also, I think most Europeans find it unnatural to dine with strangers.

I remember on a Radisson Blue here in Oslo, I was eating my breakfast in peace when some guy came and just sat down at my table.. (there was other tables available, just further inside). I had to tell him that I did not want company. Probably perfectly normal to him, but a big intrusion into my private sphere.

I understand that it is the norm to dine with strangers on aroyal, and we will accept it of we have to.

Edited by Mjoellnir

...perhaps we are strange in that we remain in love and love each others company.

Not strange. Lucky!! :)

Never have any desire to dine with anyone except my traveling companions. I hate at lunch when you have to share. I know that makes me a cruise grinch!!

Nah, you're not a grinch -- everyone has different preferences.

As for us, we like a large table (8-10) for the same reasons already stated. We love to meet new people. On all of our cruises, only one time did we get table-duds, so we switched to whatever the open dining is called on PCL. Then we met some really nice gals the very next night at dinner that we ended up spending quite a lot of time with throughout the remainder of the week. So in that way, we've had great luck every cruise.

I can certainly understand others wanting some private, quality time with their companions. It's nice that we get the choice.

Not strange. Lucky!! :)

Nah, you're not a grinch -- everyone has different preferences.

As for us, we like a large table (8-10) for the same reasons already stated. We love to meet new people. On all of our cruises, only one time did we get table-duds, so we switched to whatever the open dining is called on PCL. Then we met some really nice gals the very next night at dinner that we ended up spending quite a lot of time with throughout the remainder of the week. So in that way, we've had great luck every cruise.

I can certainly understand others wanting some private, quality time with their companions. It's nice that we get the choice.

Yes very lucky 35 years and still like each other, she deserves a sainthood.

And those choices are what makes Cruising so great for most.

Always ask for 8 or larger. Unfortunately, it seems like we often only have 4 show up on any given night

Yepper. The specilaty restaurants do indeed take a few nights away these days. We'll take two nights on the next cruise to enjoy Chops and also the Mystery Dinner. Undoubtedly, we will have one night where just not in the mood for the MDR so we'll hit the buffett. Because of this, we're doing a four top another another couple for this cruise.

I know that we prefer a larger table...8-10. We both enjoy meeting new people and a large table helps make that happen. We've been fortunate over the years to meet some really great folks and even made some friends along the way as well.