Symphony of the Seas' Blocks Are in the House!

I can't say that I've paid too much attention to the theatres on the other ships but this looks like there is a large chandelier hanging from above. Is this on the other ships?

There was talk about the Broadway shows and one of the suggestions was Phantom of the Opera and it requiring a chandelier.

I wonder what happened to the Oasis MDR chandelier?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I believe it was removed as part of the dining room redecoration when they wanted to go to Dynamic Dining.

Correct, that's what I was referring to. I doubt it would work for Phantom.

But I still wonder what happened to it. Did Allure lose hers as well

Royal Theater

c22e036ae0dd975eb0200939a19cfa5f.jpg

4671c10c2b3d6fb159a47239284972a0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I can't say that I've paid too much attention to the theatres on the other ships but this looks like there is a large chandelier hanging from above. Is this on the other ships?

There was talk about the Broadway shows and one of the suggestions was Phantom of the Opera and it requiring a chandelier.

Can you point out to me where BOX NUMBER 5 will be :D I would like to request it.

dp

Those look similar to the hanging lights (not quite chandeliers) found on Harmony, Allure, and Oasis....likely a slightly different design as those ships all have different hanging light fixtures...

As for a show with Phantom having a chandelier...having seen the show on Broadway...we suspect they's have one positioned in the stage area in contrast to the audience area...

In the west end show the Chandelier is right above the audience at the start of the show and SPOILER ALERT is dropped down onto the stage at the end of Act 1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the west end show the Chandelier is right above the audience at the start of the show and SPOILER ALERT is dropped down onto the stage at the end of Act 1.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting...cool...but that's not what we experienced about 4 1/2 years ago on Broadway when we saw it.

Still...it's a great show (and classic) and would likely be a nice one on Symphony or another Oasis class ship that has the larger stage area.

Edit. After looking again I think you are right. It does appear that these are between the two rows of lowered stage lighting and there could be a second covered light in the background.
Hmm...the suspense. Just wish they would announce the show already. How far in advance did they announce that Harmony was getting Grease?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Hmm...the suspense. Just wish they would announce the show already. How far in advance did they announce that Harmony was getting Grease?

It was announced Dec 1, 2015. Symphony will launch about the same time as Harmony so it might be similar timing.

Wonder if we will ever see a ship that big sail the South Pacific waters from Australia? We would need a major infrastructure upgrade of ports to handle a ship of that size

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wonder if we will ever see a ship that big sail the South Pacific waters from Australia? We would need a major infrastructure upgrade of ports to handle a ship of that size

If you build it, they will come.

Neither, the carousel will be replaced by an iFly Ripcord ride.

Nooooooo, my mother is 76 and we've booked for next year and hasn't been on a hobby horse since she was a child and thought this would of been a great opportunity to get on one again. Gutted! [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on the 7th July sailing on Independence of the Seas. During his morning show, the Cruise Director (Joff Eaton) hinted that Footloose may be the show on board Symphony.

He had been asked the question 'what broadway style shows are on all of the Royal Caribbean ships?' Joff listed them all and said that the show for Symphony had not been announced yet. He then said that he had his own suspicions on what it could be before breaking into song and singing 'Footloose'. This may mean nothing of course. Joff may have no idea what the show is, and is just guessing like the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I won't hold my breath

Nooooooo, my mother is 76 and we've booked for next year and hasn't been on a hobby horse since she was a child and thought this would of been a great opportunity to get on one again. Gutted! [emoji53]

Don't worry, while I can't say for sure that the carousel will be there on Symphony I can say that it won't be replaced by Ifly.

Don't worry, while I can't say for sure that the carousel will be there on Symphony I can say that it won't be replaced by Ifly.
It is possible to get in touch with Carousel Works, the carousel maker, on Facebook, Twitter and at CarouselWorks.com to confirm. [emoji4]

At least it's in the deck plans.

d452699b4a16caf746f6b7337c3c3068.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

I was on the 7th July sailing on Independence of the Seas. During his morning show, the Cruise Director (Joff Eaton) hinted that Footloose may be the show on board Symphony.

He had been asked the question 'what broadway style shows are on all of the Royal Caribbean ships?' Joff listed them all and said that the show for Symphony had not been announced yet. He then said that he had his own suspicions on what it could be before breaking into song and singing 'Footloose'. This may mean nothing of course. Joff may have no idea what the show is, and is just guessing like the rest of us.

Oh the teasers!

It is possible to get in touch with Carousel Works, the carousel maker, on Facebook, Twitter and at CarouselWorks.com to confirm. [emoji4]

At least it's in the deck plans.

d452699b4a16caf746f6b7337c3c3068.jpg

Like the look of that. Thanks.