Gift bag

phabric

I will on the Westerdam Dec 26, Eastern Caribbean.

I plan on giving a little gift bag to everyone in our group. 8 out of the 18 have never cruised before. I am flying so has to be small.

I have so far -

For the ladies - little hand held fan, towel clips for the chair

For the men - towel clips for the chair

What other item can I get for the men?

Edited by phabric

I plan on giving a little gift bag to everyone in our group. 8 out of the 18 have never cruised before. I am flying so has to be small.

I have so far -

Why not also give the men the small hand-held fan? Or maybe a cool towel? ("cool" as in to keep you cool - temprature-wise)

Edited by Shmoo here

Highligher to mark things that interest them on Daily Program.

Pen/pencil/notepad to slip notes into mailboxes of people with whom you are traveling.

A few power bars to take ashore if they will be touring and don't want to stop for lunch.

Bright coloured post-it notes so you can leave messages for one another, or for your cabin stewards.

2 or 3 different sizes of zip lock bags (1 each size); they come in handy for many different things.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Lanyards or whatever they are called - cords with plastic pocket thingys attached - that your room card can slip into - and can be worn around your neck - to keep them handy. I have seen lots of people with these.

Such a nice idea to do this for your friends.

On the line of mini flashlights- Home Depot sells LED key chain / clip on circles that work well. They come in white, red or multi. I carry one with my room key on a retractable whenever I cruise now. Also have one on my keychain. I think they are water resistant ( or water proof).

When we cruised as a group my daughter ordered (online) packages of small battery-powered motion sensor night lights. We always take then with us now, they are wonderful in the bathroom, so you don't have to turn on the light.

Battery-powered is definitely the way to go. We took a night light last week on the Maasdam to plug in the shaver outlet. It worked like a charm... until we turned out the bathroom light. It turns out that the outlet is on the same circuit. :(

I have so far -

In hot climes we find the cool-scarves a boon, and you can get them in "masculine" patterns or bandanas. Just a thought. They are filled with gell beads and you just soak them in cold water for a few minutes. It is a huge help in hot and humid weather.

I bring the little battery powered votive candles for the bathroom. You can get a package of two or more from the dollar store. I switch one on at night and the light is dim enough that it doesn't wake me up too much. I find that one votive lasts about a week. I have used one for up to 10 days, but it gets pretty dim after about a week. Also, it's not something that I have to bring home with me at the end of the cruise.

I also have some clock nightlights. One style plugs into an electrical outlet and another is battery operated. I like that I can combine a clock with a nightlight in one item.

In my gift bags [the size of brown lunch bags] I include the following

Post it notes

Highlighter

pen

night light[even balcony cabins can use one at night]

clothespins

Sewing kit

Tide spot remover pen

2 small magnets [walls and doors are metal]

2 rain ponchos

Tums

Quality chocolates like Dove or the like

Bandaids, antiseptic cream

Aspirin or Tylenol, not the whole bottle, I use a tiny clear medicine pouch

Cotton balls and Q-tips

Everybody loves them!

Edited by sugcarol

AHOY SHIPMATES,

DW and I have found that a MESH laundry bag with a 3 inch safety pin that

works for hanging it on the wall hook, bag is very useful for soiled clothes and numerous other things and not very expensive.

Happy sailing.

SEA YA

Great idea. Thanks.