"Some amazing changes coming to Celebrity fleet" announcement mid-week this week!

days@sea

We sail on Summit Feb. 13, 2016. Was hoping she went into refurb before, but I don't think so- looks like she has sailings all thru Jan.

Check out Arno's new ship itinerary thread. He has all the sailings for all the ships in easy to read tables. Fantastic!

Thanks,

From what I see, there are no sailings on Summit from 2/28/16 to 3/12/16,,,, I'd guess that is when she will be in drydock

Steve

From what I see, there are no sailings on Summit from 2/28/16 to 3/12/16,,,, I'd guess that is when she will be in drydock

Steve

That is the definite drydock schedule.

March 12 is the 1st sailing after, an Atlantis Charter. I'm on that and will be interested to see whatever the changes are.

Yup, I second that. They've really ruined the MDR experience on the M Class ships.

Wine-O

Not saying its going to happen but would not be surprised if they switched the locations of Traditional Dining and Select Dining. Seems Select is just becoming much more popular.

AS far as this "amazing" announcement, I would guess it will be a press release on the dry-docks coming up similar to what they did when they made the Solsticization of the M class ships release several years ago.

Edited by dkjretired

Wine-O

Not saying its going to happen but would not be surprised if they switched the locations of Traditional Dining and Select Dining. Seems Select is just becoming much more popular.

AS far as this "amazing" announcement, I would guess it will be a press release on the dry-docks coming up similar to what they did when they made the Solsticization of the M class ships release several years ago.

Hi Don, you might be right.

When I look at select dining being moved to the lower level with the Captain's Table down there, it would be such a distraction with everyone coming/going throughout dinner. :eek: Although we've booked AQ for our next 3 cruises, I hope they don't change the traditional dining -- we like the late seating when we are not in AQ.

Hi Don, you might be right.

When I look at select dining being moved to the lower level with the Captain's Table down there, it would be such a distraction with everyone coming/going throughout dinner. :eek: Although we've booked AQ for our next 3 cruises, I hope they don't change the traditional dining -- we like the late seating when we are not in AQ.

I agree, traditional is better downstairs but I think at some point the numbers will catch up with them.

Edited by dkjretired

While on Summit in May we were told she is to go for refurb in January. I only hope they get rid of Qsine. Hate that one. LOVE Silk Harvest and Tuscan but, that being said, the one on Silhouette was terrible. First bad experience we've had in many, many years.

Maybe we'll also get a "hint" about the new-builds????? Hope so.

We sail Summit in June and Eclipse in April so here's hoping.

Pat C

I'm curious, why did you hate Qsine? It definitely isn't a traditional dining experience, but they made that clear before we booked. Our experience was very positive. As usual, the service was excellent and the food was very different and delicious.

Edited by Spartan1771

What does it mean to go for "refurb"? We're supposed to be on Summit beginning January 30. Is there a chance we may get cancelled? I've continued checking rates for our cruise and as of a couple of weeks ago, it looked like only inside cabins were available - now I see cabins in all classes available (except veranda).

Hi there. They usually take ships out for a short period of time to make some sort of update. Right now it seems like they are adding/rearranging some of the dining venues. At this point they wouldn't cancel your cruise for a dry dock which is scheduled many months maybe even a year out. Cabins will periodically become available as people cancel plans. No worries. You're fine.

I'm curious, why did you hate Qsine? It definitely isn't a traditional dining experience, but they made that clear before we booked. Our experience was very positive. As usual, the service was excellent and the food was very different and delicious.

We were treated to Qsine on our last cruise in September on Summit. We thought all the food was fantastic.

While on Summit in May we were told she is to go for refurb in January. I only hope they get rid of Qsine. Hate that one. LOVE Silk Harvest and Tuscan but, that being said, the one on Silhouette was terrible. First bad experience we've had in many, many years.

Maybe we'll also get a "hint" about the new-builds????? Hope so.

We sail Summit in June and Eclipse in April so here's hoping.

Pat C

The Summit goes in for refurbishment at the end of FEBRUARY/early MARCH, not in January from what I've been told.

We've dined in Qsine on all of our cruises when it was available, and have never been disappointed. We sometimes go back a second time during a cruise. The closest thing to having fun at a meal short of a full-on food fight! :D

Edited by SantaFeFan

I heard though the grapevine "some amazing changes to Celebrity fleet" being announced middle of this week!

I'm excited to hear.:D

;)

I have 'heard' about smoking grapevine;) and I guess if one did enough of that you would think it was talking to you!:D

Tomorrow is the middle of the week, where is the big announcement going to be released at?

Amazing announcement? Is that Celebrity's term? I would say the last

time anything close to amazing happened was back in 2008 when Solstice

came into the fleet....that has been 7 years.......

I have 'heard' about smoking grapevine;) and I guess if one did enough of that you would think it was talking to you!:D

Tomorrow is the middle of the week, where is the big announcement going to be released at?

Usually a couple of years after Wednesday...

Edited by dkjretired

I heard though the grapevine "some amazing changes to Celebrity fleet" being announced middle of this week!

I'm excited to hear.:D

Any guesses? :confused:

My guess would be that after the Azamara twins are stripped to the metal and totally modernized (early 2016), they will join the Celebrity fleet. I HOPE this is the case. ;)

Hi Days@Sea,

Journey and Quest are not being stripped to the metal, but it should be a wonderful modernization for both ships. Journey is being modernized in January 2016. I'm on Journey's first sailing post Drydock, and I'm very excited to be seeing the updates first-hand. Quest is being modernized in April 2016. As for the odds of the 2 ships joining Celebrity anytime soon ? I think the odds of that happening are near zero.

Edited by Host Andy

Two hopes. Bob Hope and no hope. Thank goodness!

Phil

LOL. Good one Phil, and I totally agree. After all of the work that Azamara has put into planning the revitalization of their ships, I just can't see that scenario happening.

Amazing announcement? Is that Celebrity's term? I would say the last

time anything close to amazing happened was back in 2008 when Solstice

came into the fleet....that has been 7 years.......

Yep, "amazing news" was the term from someone directly at Celebrity, not my own words.

I have no idea what it will be, I was just told to keep my eyes open for amazing fleet wide news. It's probably just Voom, but who knows lol.

Hi Days@Sea,

Journey and Quest are not being stripped to the metal, but it should be a wonderful modernization for both ships. Journey is being modernized in January 2016. I'm on Journey's first sailing post Drydock, and I'm very excited to be seeing the updates first-hand. Quest is being modernized in April 2016. As for the odds of the 2 ships joining Celebrity anytime soon ? I think the odds of that happening are near zero.

You are correct Andy, stripped to the metal is not accurate. However the modernization of the Azamara twins is Much closer to it than Solstisizing was to M-class. All of the original cabinetry is still in M-class staterooms whereas it appears every inch of the twins staterooms will be replaced with new everything.

One of the few places I see anything left of the original R-class ships in the new Azamara renderings are the staircase railings.

I think the odds of the Aza-twins joining Celebrity fleet are low as well, I was saying it was my "hope". Azamara, while an incredible product, has always been difficult for Royal Caribbean corporate from distribution perspective. For years now, my Royal Caribbean business development manager has also represented Azamara. Makes no sense when "modern luxury" has more relation to Azamara than Shrek and Johnny Rockets does right? But they have rccl sales force rep the product instead of the Celebrity sales because it's too close to the Celebrity product.

So in my personal opinion, I have always thought they should strip the old interiors of the Azamara ships out, put in great "modern" luxurious interiors, and move them into the Celebrity fleet. Strictly my own personal opinion.

I was onboard, and staff told me what the big news was, I think it was Captain Ahab during my private bridge tour.

The big news had two facets:

1. Phones would always be answered in less than a minute by a live person.

2. For that minute, if you did get hold, they would have new hold / theme music.

:D :rolleyes:

Happy sailing,

Jenna