New name for Aqua Class required!

Mynki

Try buying Pellegrino or Fiji water for .12 per bottle! I triple dog dare you!:D

I think we need to clarify that the previous free bottled water in Aqua was just the cheap no-name ordinary water probably purchased by X for less then 12 cents a bottle. So at best, X might be saving about 25 cents per day per Aqua cabin by eliminating this perk. But if somebody such as moi then replaces this cheap stuff with more expensive Pelligrino (which is what I did on our recent Eclipse cruise) where is the savings for X. "Lisa" needs to rethink her strategy since this cutback will probably cost X more money....and upset some very good Aqua customers. It is a lose-lose for X.

Hank

I prefer Fiji...has a high magnesium content...supposedly prevents dehydration..

But now nada! MODERN luxury, the no frills way!

Would never drink water from ship's faucet,,,,who knows what goes on in the pipes!

.,Happy New Yrs to all..getting ready to cruise!

i think we need to clarify that the previous free bottled water in aqua was just the cheap no-name ordinary water probably purchased by x for less then 12 cents a bottle. So at best, x might be saving about 25 cents per day per aqua cabin by eliminating this perk. But if somebody such as moi then replaces this cheap stuff with more expensive pelligrino (which is what i did on our recent eclipse cruise) where is the savings for x. "lisa" needs to rethink her strategy since this cutback will probably cost x more money....and upset some very good aqua customers. It is a lose-lose for x.

Hank

:) :) :)

Would never drink water from ship's faucet,,,,who knows what goes on in the pipes!

And how do you know what goes on in the pipes of those bottled water companies? I have some technical expertise in this area, and believe me you don't want to know, even with those expensive designer waters! In general, the water aboard a ship with desalinization and reverse osmosis, whether from the buffet or bathroom tap (it is all the same water) is much safer and healthier to drink than bottled water.

And if you think cutting back on costs is specific to Celebrity, go to some of the other Fora, like Azamara where people are really upset about the cuts in food quality in the MDR. Some posters report that the food in the MDR is better on Princess and Celebrity!

And how do you know what goes on in the pipes of those bottled water companies? I have some technical expertise in this area, and believe me you don't want to know, even with those expensive designer waters! In general, the water aboard a ship with desalinization and reverse osmosis, whether from the buffet or bathroom tap (it is all the same water) is much safer and healthier to drink than bottled water.

And if you think cutting back on costs is specific to Celebrity, go to some of the other Fora, like Azamara where people are really upset about the cuts in food quality in the MDR. Some posters report that the food in the MDR is better on Princess and Celebrity!

That's not the point. The point is we were promised one thing when we paid, and then after we paid it was taken away. The value is not part of the equation when you're talking about principles.

That's not the point. The point is we were promised one thing when we paid, and then after we paid it was taken away. The value is not part of the equation when you're talking about principles.

Celebrity has a history of this. In 2013 they changed the Captain's Club less than a week before my sailing. I had picked CC so I would hit Select and being after final payment I couldn't downgrade to a standard balcony, plus I missed it by 3 points. I read stories here about people close to elite getting their bump (and significant perks that come with it) and X won't even budge to give me my coupons for my next cruise. I pushed for it because of the principle; I paid for something with Concierge Class and didn't get it.

Celebrity has a history of this. In 2013 they changed the Captain's Club less than a week before my sailing. I had picked CC so I would hit Select and being after final payment I couldn't downgrade to a standard balcony, plus I missed it by 3 points. I read stories here about people close to elite getting their bump (and significant perks that come with it) and X won't even budge to give me my coupons for my next cruise. I pushed for it because of the principle; I paid for something with Concierge Class and didn't get it.

Yes, and Delta changed how you collect ff miles after I booked a flight. Also, they added some benefits like being able to book one-way travel awards.

I understand some of the disappointment, but these changes are minor in the big picture.

Also, perhaps it is my age, but I have never understood why people pay as much for bottled water as you would for a soda or almost as much as a beer. I am in excellent health and have been drinking tap water all my life.

Sure, while in some countries, drinking the tap water is really stupid. However, on board ship it is very safe.

Apparently, all cruise lines do this, right or wrong. I am effected too with two cruises in AQ in 2016. But I am not going to let it ruin my cruise.

If you can find another cruise line that doesn't do this, please let me know, I am interested.

Yes, and Delta changed how you collect ff miles after I booked a flight. Also, they added some benefits like being able to book one-way travel awards.

I understand some of the disappointment, but these changes are minor in the big picture.

Also, perhaps it is my age, but I have never understood why people pay as much for bottled water as you would for a soda or almost as much as a beer. I am in excellent health and have been drinking tap water all my life.

Sure, while in some countries, drinking the tap water is really stupid. However, on board ship it is very safe.

Wish there was a "like" button.

And that is when i cancelled my Delta Skymiles credit card because I'd rather get the cash back from other cards and stopped flying Delta exclusively. Their ff program became useless to me when I couldn't book flights I wanted or for reasonable miles. Now I book based upon cost and length of the trip.

I am also beginning to feel the same way towards Celebrity. That's too bad too since I was leaning towards becoming an X loyalist shooting for Elite.

And that is when i cancelled my Delta Skymiles credit card because I'd rather get the cash back from other cards and stopped flying Delta exclusively. Their ff program became useless to me when I couldn't book flights I wanted or for reasonable miles. Now I book based upon cost and length of the trip.

I am also beginning to feel the same way towards Celebrity. That's too bad too since I was leaning towards becoming an X loyalist shooting for Elite.

I just used 80,000 miles each for DW and self to fly from JAX, FL to Tokyo returning Hong Kong to JAX, saved about $3200 using miles. I would never have saved that much with a cash rewards card. Even the quicksilver Cap 1 that give 1.5%, I would have to charge over $200,000 to pay for those tickets.

Sorry, I know it was off subject.

I just used 80,000 miles each for DW and self to fly from JAX, FL to Tokyo returning Hong Kong to JAX, saved about $3200 using miles.

How much do you have to spend with AMX to accumulate 160,000 skymiles? Two miles for every $1 Delta purchase and one mile per $1 purchase elsewhere (not counting bonuses)

Edited by ChucktownSteve

How much do you have to spend with AMX to accumulate 160,000 skymiles? Two miles for every $1 Delta purchase and one mile per $1 purchase elsewhere (not counting bonuses)

I charge about 30K a year on my card, but also fly on delta and gain miles through that.

I generate about 120,000 miles a year.

Didn't your parents ever throw this old adage at you: "If everyone else was jumping off a bridge, would you?"

Just because other companies do it doesn't mean I should be happy about it.

Celebrity Cruises offers modern luxury service to all of our guests, with additional perks for those in select stateroom categories. Along with guests in Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites, all AquaClass guests receive two complimentary 16.9 oz. bottles of water upon embarkation. Guests in regular veranda staterooms do not receive complimentary bottled water. All guests can take advantage of outstanding perks like a classic beverage package, through our goBig! goBetter! goBest! offer on select sailings.

AquaClass guests will continue to receive the following great benefits:

Services

- A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange Spa treatments

- Welcome bottled water (as explained above)

- Daily delivery of flavored tea

- Priority check-in

- Express luggage delivery

- Priority disembarkation based on travel needs

- Complimentary shoeshine service

Dining

- Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day

- Upgraded room service menu

Amenities

- Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room (Relaxation Room on Solstice Class only)

- Aromatherapy diffuser

- Pillow menu

- Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm

- Plush bathrobes

- Slippers

- On-demand wellness programming

Stateroom Features

- Hansgrohe® shower panel

- Fog-free mirror

I have always wondered if anyone has ever taken advantage of the complimentary shoe shine....and conversely, has anyone ever had shoes shined on a Celebrity ship for a fee?? I wonder what it costs normally...and I wonder if they could find anyone who knows how to shine shoes, if one actually wanted this perk :)

I have always wondered if anyone has ever taken advantage of the complimentary shoe shine....:)

Yes, I did. Our room steward in Concierge did it and he did a beautiful job and I tipped him to show my appreciation. Since formal nights have been eliminated, I doubt that I will be taking "tuxedo dress shoes" on future cruises and I won't be using the shoe shine service when provided.

Try buying Pellegrino or Fiji water for .12 per bottle! I triple dog dare you!:D

I was referring to plain water. Being on a TA, none of the extra free perks (eg. drinks) are offered. I wonder if Celebrity would even think of charging less for AQ now that they have taken away so many perks....NO... My booking has an upcharge of $1,000. from Concierge.

Celebrity should live up to their promises and make changes for new bookings only, like they do when they advertise a special.

I have always wondered if anyone has ever taken advantage of the complimentary shoe shine....and conversely, has anyone ever had shoes shined on a Celebrity ship for a fee?? I wonder what it costs normally...and I wonder if they could find anyone who knows how to shine shoes, if one actually wanted this perk :)

My husband left his shoes out on our last cruise and in the morning they they were - UNTOUCHED!!

We also get free shoeshines for being Elite on Princess and they seem to get it.

:p

Edited by chamima