Recent photos of empress of the seas in dry dock

Do you believe we are mushrooms to be kept in the dark and fed fertilizer ?

Even more, how does this silence in any way further RC's goals ? Rule one of crisis management is to get what information

you have out quickly and then put it behind you . Of course not abusing your customers is also a good idea .

I wanted to add I don't actually believe that this will be a safety issue when it is resolved .

Crisis management? While this is a personal crisis for those passengers involved, do you really think this is a crisis for RCI?

Crisis management? While this is a personal crisis for those passengers involved, do you really think this is a crisis for RCI?

It depends how you would define a crisis, but for some within RCI, canceling 6 sailings and having to move to a second dry dock on short notice would probably constitute a crisis. For anyone whose career may have come to an abrupt end, sure, probably a crisis.

Do you believe we are mushrooms to be kept in the dark and fed fertilizer ?

Even more, how does this silence in any way further RC's goals ? Rule one of crisis management is to get what information

you have out quickly and then put it behind you . Of course not abusing your customers is also a good idea .

I wanted to add I don't actually believe that this will be a safety issue when it is resolved .

I have no idea what the issue was that caused the cancellation of the sailings.....I have never implied that I have some inside info that I am not sharing. I imagine that at some point it will come out what was the situation was. You fuel the discussion more by using terms like "crisis management".

I was responding to what a previous poster had said, when I responded that what should be important is that the issue be resolved. The poster I was responding to SunkissedMommy, had posted that she was worried that she was bringing her 3 yr old and mother into an unsafe situation on their upcoming sailing in May.

I can't say how the way Royal handled this furthers their goals.....only they know what they were thinking.

Since I don't have any information, speculating on what is the issue, makes no sense to me.

I look forward to seeing photos from her first sailing in a few weeks, however.

Who has said the ship was "unsafe" or has a safety issue? The hints are that it is a "huge" problem, and that the reason will not please the RCI customer base. I don't hear anything about safety there. There are many checks and balances, despite the international nature of the industry, that would prevent an "unsafe" ship from leaving port at all. The very largest is a financial incentive in the form of the ship's insurance. As I've stated, and paulette says above, they are addressing any problems, so where is the concern. Another analogy. If the elevator in your building is taken out of service for maintenance, and the service company finds something that will require a part that has to be special ordered and will take two weeks to get, are you okay with them just hanging an "out of order" sign on it, or do you start clamoring for an explanation of what went wrong, and how the landlord is handling the situation? Why is the cruise industry so special it gets all this scrutiny?

Chief, as always you make great points.

This.

It's not that any of us are trying to force a couple particular posters into telling us anything, but all we're saying is that referencing a huge problem that is "not going to sit well with the public" without any other information is not going to sit well with the posters on this thread.

This is also a good discussion point.

What has happened here in this thread is the delay has morphed into two points. One being the delay and the other is the "secret".

The best way to keep a secret, is to say nothing at all. If there is concern for the potential for anyone to lose their job why would anyone mention that they know, especially if it will come out in the end. It doesn't help the ship, it doesn't help those concerned to what the issue is and it doesn't help fellow CCers by holding onto the info.

It really is a no win to state that you know what the problem is. By using the elevator analogy, if a neighbour says they know the reason others will ask. Hindsight is 20/20.:)

Who has said the ship was "unsafe" or has a safety issue? The hints are that it is a "huge" problem, and that the reason will not please the RCI customer base. I don't hear anything about safety there.

I honestly cannot remember if it was THIS thread or one of the others on here. Some people were hinting at water issues on the ship/filtration. I DO NOT KNOW if that is the case, but if it is I would worry. That is where my safety concern came from.

I honestly cannot remember if it was THIS thread or one of the others on here. Some people were hinting at water issues on the ship/filtration. I DO NOT KNOW if that is the case, but if it is I would worry. That is where my safety concern came from.

Don't worry.. No cruise line will sail with anything unsafe.

I will post during my sailing. 4/25/16

The best way to keep a secret, is to say nothing at all. If there is concern for the potential for anyone to lose their job why would anyone mention that they know, especially if it will come out in the end. It doesn't help the ship, it doesn't help those concerned to what the issue is and it doesn't help fellow CCers by holding onto the info.

It really is a no win to state that you know what the problem is. By using the elevator analogy, if a neighbour says they know the reason others will ask. Hindsight is 20/20.:)

Well said

Hey guys, ok it does appear that over the weekend I apparently posted I claimed to know the real reason behind empress being delayed. This in fact was not me posting this but a family member who thinks it is funny to get into my account (including others) which are automatically signed in have a look at my activity and write and post garbage. All I can do is apologise sincerely for this and will ensure this won't happen again. I have no information on the real reason empress is held up only what I have shared with you guys before in earlier posts.

The source I did have for empress has no further information since before the ship left Cadiz so I don't have the information I apparently claimed.

All I do have at present is what is going around, that the ship is being prepared for Cuba with a cigar lounge and that another rumour that the ship will be renamed Cuban empress is not true and was part of an April fools joke by another website. Once again I apologise for the problems that have been caused by what is neglect on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hey guys, ok it does appear that over the weekend I apparently posted I claimed to know the real reason behind empress being delayed. This in fact was not me posting this but a family member who thinks it is funny to get into my account (including others) which are automatically signed in have a look at my activity and write and post garbage. All I can do is apologise sincerely for this and will ensure this won't happen again. I have no information on the real reason empress is held up only what I have shared with you guys before in earlier posts.

The source I did have for empress has no further information since before the ship left Cadiz so I don't have the information I apparently claimed.

All I do have at present is what is going around, that the ship is being prepared for Cuba with a cigar lounge and that another rumour that the ship will be renamed Cuban empress is not true and was part of an April fools joke by another website. Once again I apologise for the problems that have been caused by what is neglect on my part.

Don't worry about it. Thanks for letting us know! :)

Issues seem to happen. But I would go back and remove the false information if you have not already done so. I have never tried to remove a complete post, so if you cannot you can edit down and replace the false information with anything like "removed"

No worries. Your family member could do a lot worse without you knowing, which in-turn possibly getting you suspended from CC. Hopefully not, but you never know.

You might want to change your password and even log out when you are done to avoid this happening to you again. It would suck to lose your privilages due to the actions of someone other than you.

Issues seem to happen. But I would go back and remove the false information if you have not already done so. I have never tried to remove a complete post, so if you cannot you can edit down and replace the false information with anything like "removed"

You only have limited time to edit a post (15 minutes?) after hitting submit.

They could contact the moderators with the red triangle button and ask if they might be able to delete any of these "false/joke" responses.

No worries. Your family member could do a lot worse without you knowing, which in-turn possibly getting you suspended from CC. Hopefully not, but you never know.

My DW would probably be happy if I was kicked off CC . She wouldn't have to listen to me talk about all the sandals.

Hope she doesn't sign in under my name . :eek:

My DW would probably be happy if I was kicked off CC . She wouldn't have to listen to me talk about all the sandals.

Time to change your passowrd.:D

Well, maybe once and a while if you talked about boots or pumps she would be good with it.:eek::p:D

This is the problem when terms are used indiscriminately, because that poster was talking about issues in the water making equipment, not any water filtering equipment. While reverse osmosis water makers are technically filtering units, they are more accurately water makers when used onboard a ship. Even with virtually no capability to produce water at sea, ships can sail with safe water supplies with taking water from approved shore facilities.

Now, given that the Empress has not been to the US in quite a while, the USCG will most certainly schedule a port state inspection for the first US port, which could be quite lengthy due to her long time absence, or RCI could invite the USCG to Freeport to do an inspection there.

If the USCG inspects at the first US port, then USPH, which will also be very interested in Empress due to her absence, will schedule their inspection for the next turn-around, since the two inspections require crew to perform different duties.

Both of these inspections will be extensive, and both will likely turn up a multitude of small issues, none of which will prevent the ship from sailing, given RCI's track record, but when a ship returns to USCG/USPH inspection protocols there are many little, picky items that are forgotten if the guidelines are not a part of the ship's operational culture.

Further, the class society will be inspecting the ship, again, during this period in Freeport, and any safety issues, or even major maintenance issues would need to be addressed prior to the ship receiving its "certificate of class", which is like your state's car inspection tag, and is required in order to retain not only insurance, but the "certificate of registry" (think car title) in the Bahamas.

You might want to change your password and even log out when you are done to avoid this happening to you again. It would suck to lose your privilages due to the actions of someone other than you.

Password changed, unfortunately I am automatically logged in which is how this happened. How do I go about contacting moderators on the iPhone app? Do I tell them what posts to remove on my behalf? (Eg: posts numbers ###)

Password changed, unfortunately I am automatically logged in which is how this happened. How do I go about contacting moderators on the iPhone app? Do I tell them what posts to remove on my behalf? (Eg: posts numbers ###)

If you push down and hold for a second on one of the posts that you want to have deleted a box opens and one of your options is "Report".

NOTE: I tried doing it to one of my own posts and it didn't come up with Report as one of the options, as why would I report myself. However, when I click on another user it is an option. If you click onto another CCer's response to your "issue" you could explain to the moderators what happened at your end. For eaxample you could click on this response to get the Report box option. They in turn might choose to delete one or all of your posts on this thread where misinformation was posted. They do not have to do this but considering the circumstances they just might. It is worth trying if you feel like it.

There might be an easier way but as I stated I am not as familiar with the App VS using Internet Explorer or Safari. Hope this helps.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Just give me a minute and I'll see if I can figure it out. I'm better on Internet explorer in regards to this aspect.

Thank you![emoji106]🏻

Thank you![emoji106]

If you push down and hold for a second on one of the posts that you want to have deleted a box opens and one of your options is "Report".

NOTE: I tried doing it to one of my own posts and it didn't come up with Report as one of the options, as why would I report myself. However, when I click on another user it is an option. If you click onto another CCer's response to your "issue" you could explain to the moderators what happened at your end. For eaxample you could click on this response to get the Report box option. They in turn might choose to delete one or all of your posts on this thread where misinformation was posted. They do not have to do this but considering the circumstances they just might. It is worth trying if you feel like it.

There might be an easier way but as I stated I am not as familiar with the App VS using Internet Explorer or Safari. Hope this helps.

I edited the thread you quoted so I don't know if you noticed/caught it. I just requoted it for you here. You might need to exact some revenge on your in house PIA. :)

Good Luck!!

I thought it was the Majesty that was having water issues recently. Didn't they have a quickie dry dock or cancel a cruise or 2 over it? But that ship isn't in drydock now but will be in a few weeks

It was just a throw it out there comment that someone knew a friend who was going to the Bahamas to consult on a ship about water making equipment, or some such. No ship names mentioned. This is how things get blown up around here.

It was just a throw it out there comment that someone knew a friend who was going to the Bahamas to consult on a ship about water making equipment, or some such. No ship names mentioned. This is how things get blown up around here.

"My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious."

I thought it was the Majesty that was having water issues recently. Didn't they have a quickie dry dock or cancel a cruise or 2 over it? But that ship isn't in drydock now but will be in a few weeks

Majesty had some legionnaires issues back in the fall. Another thing that gives me the shudders!

Edited by Sunkissed Mommy

I edited the thread you quoted so I don't know if you noticed/caught it. I just requoted it for you here. You might need to exact some revenge on your in house PIA. :)

Good Luck!!

Revenge is on the cards that's for sure [emoji23]

The majesty went in drydock some months ago for an oil leak if my memory serves me right.