Post Counts

ithaca gal

GREAT question OP. There are a handful of "high count" posters, that I rely on with correct information. When I am reading, (even when the topic does not pertain to me), I always know which posters are going to give the correct answers.....and from these folks, I have learned a lot over the years. It is a shame that there is no advantage for the high posters, since they have helped soooo many people over the years. :):):)

GREAT question OP. There are a handful of "high count" posters, that I rely on with correct information. When I am reading, (even when the topic does not pertain to me), I always know which posters are going to give the correct answers.....and from these folks, I have learned a lot over the years. It is a shame that there is no advantage for the high posters, since they have helped soooo many people over the years. :):):)

But if there were rewards there would be more allegations that people were posting to bump their count and more actually doing so.

But if there were rewards there would be more allegations that people were posting to bump their count and more actually doing so.

Perhaps. You bring up a valid point, but I still think a lot us know which posters will ALWAYS have the correct answers.

Currently 99607

Interesting thread and good question from the OP

I don't think the OP was actually questioning the validity of posts which add value and information to the CC discussions - they simply asked what recognition there was at various levels - but some seem to have felt a need to explain why they post so much

If the current "record" is 99,607 then there's going to be a whole lot more "thank you" posts from those who seem intent of being #1 on the posts list

I will sometimes post a quick "thanks for the review/link/interesting article" when I want to subscribe to a particular thread and follow the conversation. It's an easy way to subscribe and it lets the OP know that someone is reading and enjoying their posts.

I am what most would call a high number of posts CC'er and I'm not aware of any benefits. I'm sorry some think it is something shameful to post here often. :o

I'd like to think some of the information I've posted here over the years may have once or twice been helpful, that I was able to competently answer some questions that were asked.

I never thought I would be expected to relate why I come to CC often and post so much. References like this make me think once I reach 80,000 posts which might be soon, it is worth thinking it's time I stepped away.

PLease don't leave. :(

I highly valuable your opinion.

Thank you for sharing it. :D

I am not aware of any perks for posting a lot. A high post count simply indicates that someone posts a lot. It says nothing to the quality of the posts.

Interesting, I reviewed those on my Ignore list and all have high post counts. ;)

I think this is one of those non-issues that gets made into an issue on internet forums....

There is no perk (that I know of) for having lots of posts. And I don't think most people post just to "up" their post count. Have they actually said so? Or is it just the "sour grapes" crowd that comes along after and accuses them of it?

It reminds me of the lanyard thing. People will make a big deal out of nothing. Most people don't wear a lanyard to flaunt their status. It's just an easy way to keep from losing your sign & sail card.

I think this is one of those non-issues that gets made into an issue on internet forums....

There is no perk (that I know of) for having lots of posts. And I don't think most people post just to "up" their post count. Have they actually said so? Or is it just the "sour grapes" crowd that comes along after and accuses them of it?

It reminds me of the lanyard thing. People will make a big deal out of nothing. Most people don't wear a lanyard to flaunt their status. It's just an easy way to keep from losing your sign & sail card.

One reason why people post a lot is because they see tempting potential off-topic themes arising on threads. For example, I'm curious about what you said about lanyards: as a non-lanyard user I am in the dark: do lanyards actually demonstrate status ? Is their some color pattern, or way of attaching the card known only to the inner circle of lanyardeers?

One reason why people post a lot is because they see tempting potential off-topic themes arising on threads. For example, I'm curious about what you said about lanyards: as a non-lanyard user I am in the dark: do lanyards actually demonstrate status ? Is their some color pattern, or way of attaching the card known only to the inner circle of lanyardeers?

From discussions here on CC, I gather that some cruise lines give a special color of sign and sail card that identifies one's "status" as a frequent cruiser. Displaying that "status" by making their card visible (e.g., on a lanyard) apparently is considered to be bad form by some....

:D

I am not aware of any perks for posting a lot. A high post count simply indicates that someone posts a lot. It says nothing to the quality of the posts.

Interesting, I reviewed those on my Ignore list and all have high post counts. ;)

I agree that you are correct about the quality of the post.:)

From discussions here on CC, I gather that some cruise lines give a special color of sign and sail card that identifies one's "status" as a frequent cruiser. Displaying that "status" by making their card visible (e.g., on a lanyard) apparently is considered to be bad form by some....

:D

Thanks; I should have thought about the fact of the lanyard keeping the card on display, rather than focusing on the lanyard itself.

Another thing to remember, when a post says "Thanks for the information" or similar, is that not everyone is comfortable or fluent using English. A short post allows that person to acknowledge the information (or review, or ???) without spending an undue amount of time on the words and wording.

cc count to the right has 73,808. ??

KrazyKruzers posts mostly on HAL forum and she currently has the highest post count. That count approaches 100,000. She has been posting since about 2001.

Keep posting. I have learned from your posts.

As much as I have cruised I still learn.

I think there is a saying, you are never too old to learn new things.

Well, I think that applies to how long one has cruised. I continually learn from many people on Cruise Critic including you. :)

Keith

PLease don't leave. :(

I highly valuable your opinion.

Thank you for sharing it. :D

Thank you for the nice messages. CC is my 'hobby'. :D

'bad mood" In todays world I think we are all guilty of this on...hopefully just an occasion. ;):)

I had to laugh at this. There were three separate times last night when I was typing a response that I heard my dear departed mother's voice in my head chastising me for not being nice, so I deleted my comment before it was even posted. I was responding in the same vein as another poster, which would not have been good.

I haves learned far more from these boards than from actually cruising. It has allowed me to avoid mistakes, save money, get more enjoyment out of my cruise, be aware of upcoming changes before the cruise line announces it and so much more. So, thank you all for your collective knowledge and for sharing it.

By now I usually just look at the screen name of the poster I read, knowing who provides us with great insight and those who just post.

Amazing.................to all the above posters, I guess I am in your fan club, the one poster who tends to just post did not find the thread yet.

Yes, CC is an outlet for me, and I enjoy reading it daily.

But my work comes first, but this week I am on vacation, my count will soar, probably hit an additional 25 post by Sunday.:eek:

That is if I know something to post about:D.

Thanks for the thread.

Also, well wishes to my mentors, thank you for your knowledge.

Safe travels

I for one would like to thank the "high count" posters on this board. I have learned so much from you. It's always entertaining and educational. I too am curious about the levels. What has the highest number been to date?

It almost seems that a high post count is supposed to add credibility to a members post. Sometimes yes and quite often no. There are many members within this site that have very ordinary post counts that submit excellent and very knowledgeable advice and that have huge travel knowledge. Their posts and responses are often seasoned with fun and clever humor as well.

I for one find viewable post counts and grading levels [used on all forums] unnecessary. Being perceived or labeled a 'newbie' because of a small post count seems degrading. Keep the status level one supposedly achieves by posting thirty or forty times a month plus the actual post count in a place where it's visible to the hard working moderators and leave the credibility and status of those that post to us, the readers.

Man, this mornings coffee was stronger than usual.

I've seen a few comments about people saying "Thank you for the review", etc. and other CC members writing "Trying to bump up their post count".

From what I've seen on these boards, high post count posters are darned, and first time posters are darned. I'm not sure what the sweet spot is between, but like someone else said in this thread, I think content of the posts is more important than number of posts. As long as someone is either helpful, seeking advice or posting in good nature, I don't really care what their post count is.

It almost seems that a high post count is supposed to add credibility to a members post. Sometimes yes and quite often no. There are many members within this site that have very ordinary post counts that submit excellent and very knowledgeable advice and that have huge travel knowledge. Their posts and responses are often seasoned with fun and clever humor as well.

I for one find viewable post counts and grading levels [used on all forums] unnecessary. Being perceived or labeled a 'newbie' because of a small post count seems degrading. Keep the status level one supposedly achieves by posting thirty or forty times a month plus the actual post count in a place where it's visible to the hard working moderators and leave the credibility and status of those that post to us, the readers.

Man, this mornings coffee was stronger than usual.

Your coffee may be strong but your insight is impeccable. I also think that some posters think that a high post count somehow adds credibility. It simply doesn't. It shows that some people spend a considerable amount of time on the forums.

The number of times a person posts is no more an indication of depth and breadth of knowledge than the number of times a person cruises is an indication of depth and breadth of cruise experience. It is what you actually do and experience on each cruise that matters, not how many times you step on the ship.

Hi Everyone

Just got an e-mail from a friend about this thread.

I have been gone for a month.

Talking about number of posts........

Got curious and clicked onto one person's name -- found that this individual in the last month made 3774 posts.

That is a lot in a month!! I joined in July 2001. If I had posted that much in a month I would have over 700,000 posts. Gee -- where did I go wrong??? :D:D