Does RC say Grease is Adults Only?

Nailed it. So many folks on CC cannot wait to pounce on a question or reply. Just imagine the nasty lives they lead away from CC.

Hopefully, the days of empowered PC police will soon end.

OP, it was a very clear question, looking for a clear and precise answer. Not the dribble felt they had to say.

Thank you for asking

If the OP didn't want the broad range of input that is inevitable on a public board, he could have simply phoned or emailed RC and posed the question there.

i actually saw it at summer camp when i was in 5th or 6th grade. it was one of the movies we watched when it was too rainy out to be outside. i'm pretty sure a lot of it went over my head. :) we also went to the theater to see a rocky movie (i think rocky III - it would have been early 80s) and i was completely grossed out at all the blood. i don't think summer camp could get away with that these days.

i did see the other thread about the smoking, but it was kind of incomprehensible and i wasn't sure what the OP was talking about. it did seem like they thought royal was in cahoots with big tobacco to promote smoking. i figured i'd let that go....

Yes, it went completely over their heads.

And I should have added to my post (but too late to edit), that they really should, if they don't already, have some type of statement about the mature theme or a rating in the Cruise Compass.

I'm curious...what is it about Grease that warrants a parental advisory? Are they dropping F bombs like in Chicago? :confused:

By the way, I have seen Grease many times. I'm just curious what about the play....in 2016....is bad for kids.

Edited by Aquahound

The only rational answer to OP's question.

Some of you will dissect absolutely anything...

Are you sure it's the only rational answer? The only rule I've ever heard concerning unaccompanied children under 16 is they can't sit in the first 3 rows.

Of course it's for adults only. Why would little kids want to watch Grease?

The movie came out when I was in 5th grade - it was the high school musical of its day. We saw it so many times, and listened to the 8 track for hours!

Nailed it. So many folks on CC cannot wait to pounce on a question or reply. Just imagine the nasty lives they lead away from CC.

Hopefully, the days of empowered PC police will soon end.

OP, it was a very clear question, looking for a clear and precise answer. Not the dribble felt they had to say.

Thank you for asking

Or, just maybe, we all read the thread and the follow up deleted thread from yesterday and really don't understand the need to start the whole craziness over again.

Or, just maybe, we all read the thread and the follow up deleted thread from yesterday and really don't understand the need to start the whole craziness over again.

Sounds like I missed a good one. I read the first half dozen responses and figured it was going nowhere. Who knew? :p

Great, thanks everybody.

Not trying to express any opinion, just looking for the facts and it appears that there is no warning.

FWIW: I have seen the movie many times and two different stage versions (including one with Frankie himself). First time I saw the movie I was probably about 12, but it was on TV, so I would assume all the bad stuff was taken out. Stage versions were definitely more adult than the movie.

Are you sure it's the only rational answer? The only rule I've ever heard concerning unaccompanied children under 16 is they can't sit in the first 3 rows.

That is all I have ever seen (or first 6 rows occasionally).

My kids are 17 and 19 now, but there were many times over the years when they wanted to see a show twice and went without us to one of the showings. I never saw any rule against it nor gave it a second thought.

I would recommend that any modern parent should watch it on their own before thinking of taking kids to see it.

I graduated from high school in 1979, and "Grease" was our musical theater production that year.

I must be a horrible mother, because when my daughters were younger, (now 26 and 22) we had the video and they loved that movie. :eek:

I watched it young, and am now horrified and mortified by it. I'm not sure what my mother was thinking. Yes it was over my head, but HOW was it???

My sis in law danced, and had a routine to one of the songs in it, and is very embarrassed now that she realizes what that movie, and the song she danced to, was about.

Oh and we're older than your kids. I didn't even THINK about Grease when I was in my 20s; it was in the last year or two that we were talking about it, and I started wondering what on earth possessed our parents to let us watch that movie...

So don't worry; your kids' time for that thought might very well come.

Have YOU re-watched it recently?

The ORIGINAL Broadway production had some pretty explicit language, especially in the song "Greased Lightening". Words I would be embarrased to use in front of many friends let alone children or my parents..

If there are worse words than what the "wagon" is described as, that's in the movie. (at least in my laser disc copy)

Which I never realized until just recently.

I do not know what my mom and others of her generation were thinking in regards to what we were watching...

I was also watching SNL from when it started, which was a day before or after my 5th birthday. (I was a horrible sleeper always, and the living room was right off my bedroom, and I was capable of talking her into letting me stay up if I was quiet)

On Indy last week there were 11/12 year olds taking part in the Quest!, and lots in the audience for Love & Marriage show (both of which we excellently managed by Joff.

I would have thought there would be lots of family groups looking forward to watching the new production. I certainly dont expect any age enforcement.

I graduated from high school in 1979, and "Grease" was our musical theater production that year.

I must be a horrible mother, because when my daughters were younger, (now 26 and 22) we had the video and they loved that movie. :eek:

I think most children don't know the meaning of the words, I don't think I did.

Listening to the words now ("the chicks will cream", "it's a real pussy wagon"), I can't believe it all went over my head!

I think most children don't know the meaning of the words, I don't think I did.

Listening to the words now ("the chicks will cream", "it's a real pussy wagon"), I can't believe it all went over my head!

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not trying to be mean here, just don't want another thread where the answer gets buried in people's opinions.:)

Without wanting to start another debate thread,

Well you tried. Some people can't resist. Especially the unsolicited volunteer moderators.

Suggested guidelines, much like those for dress on formal nights. Some will follow, some won't, and RC is not going to enforce.

Actually, RCCL will restrict "kids" in adult only shows. I witnessed a CD make several announcements, and than when one group of kids did not budge, he personally talked to the parents and they group left. Some shows that are recommended for adults only like the plays, they make several announcements that it is rated R, and that it has sexual scenes and adult language and situations.

Some other shows, where reservations are required will not allow you to reserve kids.

Making a blanket statement that says they won't enforce it, is not true, but just like dress codes, many people feel they can do what they want.

I had a comedian seriously berate a parent with kids in the front row. It took about 4 minutes until they left.

You don't want to hear people's opinions but are happy to dish out yours by taking the high (your) moral ground and deciding that other parents "don't get it or don't care" because they take THEIR children to a show that YOU think is inappropriate.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

I was thinking the same thing exactly!!!....K.O.

Grease is not for children but things will go over their head, just make sure you accompany your kids. I remember hearing the song 'greased lightening' at age 8 and asking my mom what a "pu$$y wagon' was - lyrics in the song. She said something about Cats and kittens, and that was a good enough answer for my innocent mind.