Breakfast in Blu

webecruzin2

We will be in AQ for first time and I'm trying to convince DH to have breakfast in Blu.

I like to have room service coffee and croissants for wake up and then maybe have waffles or pancakes in the buffet.

DH likes a hearty breakfast, eggs, bacon, etc.

Will DH be able to put on his usual feed bag at breakfast in Blu or is it strictly lighter fare?[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

He can get his fill without issue. The French toast and pancakes are each very good. I usually order three poached eggs and they are excellent. Breakfast is one on my favorite parts of AQ. Be advised they'll open early, and close early on port days.

This is the breakfast menu of Blu.

Although we love Blu for dinner and breakfast there is nice, I feel with your hubby :) I prefer the endless selection of a buffet over a la carte breakfast...

PijY4irWaykVdy7G9

https://goo.gl/photos/PijY4irWaykVdy7G9

This is perfect, thanks for that!

What a great help your menus and the presentation of the various dishes are to us. You have reinforced our decision to choose Aqua class. We are on the Summit in August to Bermuda and I can't wait to have breakfast in a civilized manner.

He can get an omelet or other eggs, as much as he wants - if he wants a four egg omelet he can have that. With potatoes and asparagus on the side, and bacon and sausage. And a side of pancakes and all the bakery items he can want. Fresh fruit and juice.

He will have no problem.

They had the muesli cart on the Eclipse last month. I think it's US sailings that don't any more. Breakfast was great.

I remember them bring around the Ewell Gibbons grocery cart one morning on Summit to Bermuda this month. :rolleyes:

Edited by Wine-O

Do they still have the muesli cart in Blu? I have vague memories of reading that it had disappeared?

The muesli cart is not available on any itinerary that calls at a US port because of US health regulations. Muesli will be available directly from the galley in that case.

Blu provides a hardy breakfast for even the biggest eater. Plus breakfast is served to you in a civilized manner and you can be sure it will be hot unlike the buffet.

Edited by El Crucero

If you are a big eater, head to the buffet. You can take how much bacon, sausage, etc. that you want. Lots more choices there than Blu.

The muesli is available on U.S. sailings. One of my favorites in Blu. I did not care for the liquid eggs that were used for my omelets.

Breakfast is our favorite meal in Blu. Lots of choices and we can sit down and be served. Even if not on menu we can always get fresh berries and sliced bananas, eggs fixed any way, great blueberry parfait.

Blu has a very extensive menu, and I assure you he will get his fill. :)

Although not on the menu, you can now get eggs benedict in Blu.

We just wish they would add Eggs Benedict to the Blu menu :(.

Hank

Good news, it seems we can request it. I am very happy to know this. It is my favorite.

If you are a big eater, head to the buffet. You can take how much bacon, sausage, etc. that you want. Lots more choices there than Blu.

The muesli is available on U.S. sailings. One of my favorites in Blu. I did not care for the liquid eggs that were used for my omelets.

Indeed but the bacon and sausage in the buffet is arguably the worst bacon and sausage available anywhere in the western world!

Breakfast is not "Lighter Fare" in Blu...you can get bacon, eggs, sausage,

potatoes, pancakes and waffles. You can get coffee, juice, cereal too.

You can have an omelette as well...........all these items don't add up

to lighter fare (in my opinion).

Never saw the Muesli cart from Sydney to Vancouver on Millennium. We were told that they were designing a new cart with some kind of sneeze guard. The pre-made muesli from the galley is not worth having.

However, the French Toast with fresh fruit and bacon is to die for.

We will be in AQ for first time and I'm trying to convince DH to have breakfast in Blu.

I like to have room service coffee and croissants for wake up and then maybe have waffles or pancakes in the buffet.

DH likes a hearty breakfast, eggs, bacon, etc.

Will DH be able to put on his usual feed bag at breakfast in Blu or is it strictly lighter fare?[emoji3]

My DH didn't enjoy breakfast. He loves home fried potatoes and the potatoes in blu were similar to boiled potatoes. When we sailed in AQ, about three cruises, we dined in the buffet. So to answer your question Blu dosen't work for everyone but you have other dining venues including MDR if you want

Edited by Cruise a holic

That's why I never order omelets - I also hate the liquid eggs ladled out of a big pan. I always order fried or poached so I know I'm getting real eggs. :D Wifey orders egg white omelets, which seem to come out OK.

Indeed but the bacon and sausage in the buffet is arguably the worst bacon and sausage available anywhere in the western world!

Interesting. The English bacon served in the Oceanview is one of my favorites. Do not get it in our area.