Real sale??

Does royal caribbean e v e r run a real sale??? All i find is they jack up the price and then act like the 3rd night is free!!!! If you go on their website you can t find the staterooms that are available as for tips i like to see how much money is collected and how much is given to the workers!!! On a seven day cruise how much would a member make that shares in the tips??? Anyone know??? If you run a sale then do that run a sale and quit bait and switching!!!! Anyone else have comments???

Does royal caribbean e v e r run a real sale???

No. Do they run deceptive pricing gimmicks - yes pretty much 24/7/365.

I could care less "how much a member makes that share's in the tips".... Whatever it is it's well earned considering the hours they put in.

Does royal caribbean e v e r run a real sale??? All i find is they jack up the price and then act like the 3rd night is free!!!! If you go on their website you can t find the staterooms that are available as for tips i like to see how much money is collected and how much is given to the workers!!! On a seven day cruise how much would a member make that shares in the tips??? Anyone know??? If you run a sale then do that run a sale and quit bait and switching!!!! Anyone else have comments???

You have a few different questions here... On the tip thing - do a search on this board in the upper right. There are lots of threads on the subject.

I believe their "sales" are really marketing gimmicks to get people to think they are saving something. They generally increase the price in some cases. The only time I ever saw a "real" sale is when they started the Bogo 1/2 off. the first few days it was a great deal until they caught on and jacked up pricing. Luckily I was able to get in on the deal before prices changed.

TA Group pricing seems to be one of the best ways to get a good deal. Although many who like to book directly through RCCL tend to think differently.

I agree the website is not good for seeing all availability at once. I use a different travel site that is more user friendly for cabin selection.

Once, in 2014. It lasted for about a week before they realized it was actually a real sale, and corrected their site:eek:

And when they first released Harmony's Caribbean sailings.

They forgot to adjust her prices to account for the BOGO50, and people were actually getting 50% off their 2nd guest. Imagine that.

And when they first released Harmony's Caribbean sailings.

They forgot to adjust her prices to account for the BOGO50, and people were actually getting 50% off their 2nd guest. Imagine that.

Oh the good old days!!!

When the Empress first became available to book just before Christmas there was an outstanding sale. BOGO1/2 plus $200-$300 additional off for being a Crown & Anchor member...

Of course they ended up canceling all the cruises available for sale during that time so....

No, then, I guess the answer is no.

Seriously though, we got a real nice price on Adventure this coming October during the WoW sale last October, it was nicely combinable with a deal our TA had available. So it was just one of those things that worked out.

I never book because of an advertised 'sale'. I look for unique events like a group sailing being cancelled last year on Freedom. There was a need to fill cabins in a short timeframe so pricing was good. Empress had to be filled rather quickly when it was announced she was being transferred out of Pullmantur and there was a post here about a great C&A rate back around Christmas that lasted a few days.

I also look at certain times of the year. Last part of August through first two weeks of November, first two weeks of December and most of January. Basically, monitor this wonderful forum for tipoffs and/or book only during low season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remember when JC Penney decided to not have sales. Didn't do well in the long run.

And how about Saturn. Don't think they're around anymore.

People want sales. Doesn't matter if they're really or not.

FWIW, the low price guarantee pretty much forces them to keep raising prices.

The only real sale was back in May 2014 when the 1st of many gimmicky sales began.

Edited by nelblu
add'l comemnts

My 2 cents, it also depends on the situation. What I mean is I am a family of 5 (myself, my wife and 3 kids). We booked recently during the 3-2-1 sale and kids sale free sale, plus additional OBC. We had been pricing cruises for a bit looking for a decent price and this cruise was over $2,500 less then the same ship/itinerary just without the "sale." Did everyone benefit from this? No, but if you had kids you did. So, I think whether you save money on a "sale" is specific to each person/family sailing.

No Royal has no "real" sales. They jack the prices and then "appear" to have a sale.

That is why for 7 night cruises I now look at Royal, Celebrity or Princess. Whoever gives me the best bang for the buck gets my business.

On 3/4 nights we are limited pretty much to Royal so we deal with it. But we will never make Pinnacle so we look at the 3 lines and decide which to book depending on price.

Also look at older ships in the fleet. Do you need bumper cars, a fork lift with a glass dome viewing area, an outdoor diving show, a zip line, boxing rink, or simulated surfboard experience? Book an older ship at a lower price if these amenities do not interest you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk