Horror attack in Nice, France - Mediterranean cruise port

OlsSalt

Breaking news about a deadly terror attack in Nice France - thoughts to all HAL ships and passengers who are in this area and especially to this city residents who should never have to face such terrible events. Up to 60 now reported to be dead

Just spoke with my best friend who has a beautiful apartment on Promenade des Angles. Horrific!!! We will be staying at the apartment from Sept 10-Oct 8th prior to our cruise on the 9th of October with The Eurodam. She witnessed the carnage right after the fireworks😟😟

Said she can not believe this happened! Helicopters medivac so many injured.

So sorry for all the people with their family's and friends trying to enjoy the Bastille Day!

God bless them all

Denise:(

Just drove the Promenade des Anglais on 17 May in a bus. Another tragedy :( perpetrated by bottom feeding animals who have no regard for human life! The world needs to come together, go over there where they live in their holes, and stomp out these bastards with extreme malice aforethought. This is going to keep happening again and again until we do

Just drove the Promenade des Anglais on 17 May in a bus. Another tragedy :( perpetrated by bottom feeding animals who have no regard for human life! The world needs to come together, go over there where they live in their holes, and stomp out these bastards with extreme malice aforethought. This is going to keep happening again and again until we do

Totally agree.....either that or we will all be confined to our homes, afraid to venture out anywhere!

Such a terrible tragedy....again. Still shocking to hear that a human being could do this to innocent people.

We are travelling to the Med in May and Toulon, France is on our itinerary. We will happily take our excursion and not let these monsters keep us from living our lives.

Condolences to the families of all of the victims of this senseless act.

The numbers of lives lost have grown. This is just so sad and such a tragedy.

In one of the nicest spots in Nice where everyone is bound to congregate. Our thoughts are with those lost and their families. Just too sad for words.

just drove the promenade des anglais on 17 may in a bus. Another tragedy :( perpetrated by bottom feeding animals who have no regard for human life! The world needs to come together, go over there where they live in their holes, and stomp out these bastards with extreme malice aforethought. This is going to keep happening again and again until we do

amen!

One of the most wonderful things about travel is that we are able to have a sensitivity for things happening outside of our communities. I have also enjoyed Nice. While I agree with you re the perpetrators of terrorism and what should happen to them I am reluctant to see young Americans doing what the world should, as you say, "come together" and do. You are a Marine, and I have several family members who are Marines and veterans of other branches of the military. My heart breaks for everyone affected by this and when going to our local beach volleyball tournament this weekend we will all be more watchful, but we will not be staying home. I can't imagine what HAL needs to consider now when deciding on cruise itineraries. Cherie

One of the most wonderful things about travel is that we are able to have a sensitivity for things happening outside of our communities. I have also enjoyed Nice. While I agree with you re the perpetrators of terrorism and what should happen to them I am reluctant to see young Americans doing what the world should, as you say, "come together" and do. You are a Marine, and I have several family members who are Marines and veterans of other branches of the military. My heart breaks for everyone affected by this and when going to our local beach volleyball tournament this weekend we will all be more watchful, but we will not be staying home. I can't imagine what HAL needs to consider now when deciding on cruise itineraries. Cherie

Great post Cherie! Enjoy that beach volleyball and it's always prudent to be aware of your surroundings!

J'aimerais offrir mes plus vives sympathies au familles touchées par cet attentat dégueulasse.

Les Québécois sont avec vous ! Bon courage !

" I offer my deepest sympathy to the families affected by this disgusting attack.

Quebecers are with you ! Good luck !" Fight courageously

Holacanada de la ville de Québec

We were there a couple of years ago staying in the Negresco Hotel. How sad for all those people killed and injured.

It becoming very clear that this was not a terrorist event but a ”road rage" incident.

My prayers for all families involved.

J'aimerais offrir mes plus vives sympathies au familles touchées par cet attentat dégueulasse.

Les Québécois sont avec vous ! Bon courage !

" I offer my deepest sympathy to the families affected by this disgusting attack.

Quebecers are with you ! Good luck !" Fight courageously

Holacanada de la ville de Québec

bonjour

Comme on se retrouve!

Tellement triste...

Hi

So sad! It is a terrible tragedy...

Francine:(

Et oui, j'ai été totalement secouée par cette attaque vicieuse sur des personnes innocentes qui ne faisaient que regarder un feu d'artifice et célébrer.

Yes, I was totally shaken by this vicious attack on innocent people who were simply watching fireworks and celebrating.

Mon cœur est avec vous Cousins Français, my heart is with you French Cousins....

Had heard that the best way to handle these particular terrorists is to threaten that what is left of they're dead body is to bury them in a pigs skin! This would be an ultimate insult and a one way ticket to the great fiery pit!

Had heard that the best way to handle these particular terrorists is to threaten that what is left of they're dead body is to bury them in a pigs skin! This would be an ultimate insult and a one way ticket to the great fiery pit!

The problem is that many of these monsters, like the ones responsible for the Orlando and the Nice attacks, are not really Islamic terrorists or ISIS followers, They are simply losers, dissatisfied and disgruntled because the world hasn't handed them the lives they think they deserve and, rather than going out and working to improve their own lives, they prefer to blame others and to punish those who they see as being more favoured by the world than they. All that ISIS really does is offer them an excuse to indulge their personal vicious urges.

The person who did this in Nice was no committed Muslim just a loser jerk who decided if he couldn't have what he wanted he'd ruin the lives of those around him too.