Husband is now a cruise ship snob! Doesn't want to do 5 day Majesty.

oldmom

Has anyone here had their spouse turn into a cruise ship snob? Saw the 5 day cruise in Jan. 2018 on Majesty for a great price! We even live about 4-4 1/2 hours away from Port canaveral-so short drive. We just got off Oasis in May ( our second time) we are going in December 2016 on Freedom (my third time-his second). We have mainly done Voyager type years ago -and the Freedom classes , Oasis classes in the last 10-12 years-except for a short Bahamas cruise-Sovereign-maybe 6-7 years ago. He thinks the Majesty would " be a let down after Oasis! I agree that the ship can not compare to the larger ships- but it is still a cruise ! Anyone else had this problem after going on "nicer ship" cruises:(.

Has anyone here had their spouse turn into a cruise ship snob? Saw the 5 day cruise in Jan. 2018 on Majesty for a great price! We even live about 4-4 1/2 hours away from Port canaveral-so short drive. We just got off Oasis in May ( our second time) we are going in December 2016 on Freedom (my third time-his second). We have mainly done Voyager type years ago -and the Freedom classes , Oasis classes in the last 10-12 years-except for a short Bahamas cruise-Sovereign-maybe 6-7 years ago. He thinks the Majesty would " be a let down after Oasis! I agree that the ship can not compare to the larger ships- but it is still a cruise ! Anyone else had this problem after going on "nicer ship" cruises:(.

I wouldn't go on it either

I Felt somewhat like your husband at first. I was spoiled by the big ships. I just got off Majesty a couple weeks ago. If you try to compare the two ships you will be disappointed. You have to temper your expectations. Like you said its still a cruise. As long as you don't stress the little things wrong and just enjoy it for what it is its still a good time. I already made reservations for the day in January 2018 so you see my feelings on this.

With me its more that I'm not excited about anything less than a week. Also prefer larger ships but not a deal breaker. With shorter cruises the packing and traveling to and from port : Actual sailing/vacationing ratio is not good enough. Seems like you just get to the point of being able to really relax and you have to pack and go back home. I guess a B2B would be an option.

.....He thinks the Majesty would " be a let down after Oasis! I agree that the ship can not compare to the larger ships- but it is still a cruise ! Anyone else had this problem after going on "nicer ship" cruises:(.

I wouldn't call it being snobby, but I have the same problem. Although we've sailed on HAL's smaller ships, we've only sailed on Oasis and Allure with RCCL. Hubby is tired of the same old ports that the Oasis and Allure go to, but I feel as though I would be disappointed if I sailed on Royal's smaller ships. Now, I don't mind booking HAL's newest ship which is much smaller, but that's a new ship and we both like to sail on new ships.

Edited by kalliekae

I'm with your hubby. I personally only do Radiance-Freedom. I did Sovereign in 04 and I said never again. I felt the interior room was small even for 2 ppl. If anyone fits four ppl in those rooms it would look like a Tetris game :p

Edited by jcruise20