Chops, Now 42 dollars

tonynypd

I am over the whole idea of specialty restaurants. The prices keep going up and the quality, and in some instances, the service, go down. Been there, done that, over it.

I'm getting very close too. Will look again to see what the Canadian equivalent is for the 3 meal deal. If not it will be zero extra dollars for Royal

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Currently on Jewel. Chops $39.

Thanks for the info. Enjoy Jewel!

If I pre-pay for CHOPS for our Oct Brilliance cruise it's $35pp but for Allure in November it's $42pp and it's $39pp on Jewel......all for the same meal. :confused: Gotta love the inconsistency.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Guess we're in the minority, but Chops was excellent when we were on the Allure and Oasis. I don't think $42 is unreasonable, but I live in Chicago and am used to higher prices. Heck, I paid $16 yesterday for a lemon iced tea with vodka at Wrigley Field so a steak dinner for $42 is not high priced. Izumi is also a favorite with us. Does anyone know if that price has increased? It was $35 for the combo dinner on Allure.

Guess we're in the minority, but Chops was excellent when we were on the Allure and Oasis. I don't think $42 is unreasonable, but I live in Chicago and am used to higher prices. Heck, I paid $16 yesterday for a lemon iced tea with vodka at Wrigley Field so a steak dinner for $42 is not high priced. Izumi is also a favorite with us. Does anyone know if that price has increased? It was $35 for the combo dinner on Allure.

In CruisePlanner for Allure in November Izumi Hibachi shows as from $30pp.

When we were on Oasis it was $30pp for the Chicken and $35pp for the Seafood. Looking forward to enjoy Hibachi again on Allure. :)

And remember, this is *in addition to* the money you've already paid in your cruise fare for meals in free venues, a meal that is presumably going uneaten.

I agree , and you tip the wait staff in specialty and with auto gratuities added in your bill , you are tipping for no service rendered .

In CruisePlanner for Allure in November Izumi Hibachi shows as from $30pp.

When we were on Oasis it was $30pp for the Chicken and $35pp for the Seafood. Looking forward to enjoy Hibachi again on Allure. :)

Interesting as on Harmony it´s 35 and 40 $ for the Hibachi (and was before they´re raised Chops Grille).

BTW Jamie´s went up from 30$ to 34$ on Harmony for dinner (haven´t read anything about lunch yet).

steamboats

Thanks for the info. Enjoy Jewel!

If I pre-pay for CHOPS for our Oct Brilliance cruise it's $35pp but for Allure in November it's $42pp and it's $39pp on Jewel......all for the same meal. :confused: Gotta love the inconsistency.

Different locations. Is Ruth's Chris in St Louis the same as Ruth's Chris in Manhattan

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Does the price differ from ship to ship?

On the Serenade in June 2016, we bought the $100 package for 5 dinners and we could eat at Chops for each of the 5 nights, if we wanted. We ended up having 2 dinners at Chops and they were very good.

Dinner packages for Oasis class ships are 10$ plus each.

steamboats

I am wondering if the price changes from sailing to sailing on each ship.

What happened to the dinner package special at the pay venues, the more nights you buy, the less expensive the meal?

That is depending if you buy a 3, 4 or 5 night package.

Just saying

Does the price differ from ship to ship?

On the Serenade in June 2016, we bought the $100 package for 5 dinners and we could eat at Chops for each of the 5 nights, if we wanted. We ended up having 2 dinners at Chops and they were very good.

Apparently specialty restaurant pricing differs from ship to ship (and maybe even sailing to sailing) as do drink packages. Packages are sometimes offered with discounts but it is becoming harder to know what the base price is that the discount is being applied to. It seems to me that "dynamic pricing" is becoming the norm with just about everything that RCI has a charge for.

I'm not sure I like the pricing games. To paraphrase a line from the old movie "War Games" it is beginning to seem like the only winning move is not to play.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Just was looking at the website and noticed that Chops Grille is now 42 bucks. I remembered earlier during the summer that it was 39 or 35.

Now surpasses 150 Central Park as the highest priced Restaurant on the ship.

Anyone know if anything changed food wise, or was it just an increase?

T

RCI, constantly and incessantly looking for that magic line of "oops we went too far on that one". They've been doing it for years. $42 per person? If I do pay it (highly doubtful) then that's all I'll pay.

RCI, constantly and incessantly looking for that magic line of "oops we went too far on that one". They've been doing it for years. $42 per person? If I do pay it (highly doubtful) then that's all I'll pay.

Curious as to what "value" everyone puts on the included MDR dinner as they add the additional say 35 - 42 dollars each for specialty dining? As we know the MDR is included in the cruise fare so when people say "40.00 for a steak dinner is cheap", shouldnt we add in an inferred value of what we are not utilizing with respect to the MDR dinner that you did not attend that evening?

Curious as to what "value" everyone puts on the included MDR dinner as they add the additional say 35 - 42 dollars each for specialty dining? As we know the MDR is included in the cruise fare so when people say "40.00 for a steak dinner is cheap", shouldnt we add in an inferred value of what we are not utilizing with respect to the MDR dinner that you did not attend that evening?

Interesting idea. Never thought of it in that fashion to be honest but there is validity in the idea.